Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-20-2013, 11:44 AM Reply   
I finally purchased my dream Lake House. I am lucky enough that I have elevated ceilings in my garage. I am soliciting bids for someone to come out and raise the header so I can garage my boat with the tower up.

Anyone do this before? Any advice? Anything to look out for?
Attached Images

Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-20-2013, 1:24 PM Reply   
Looks like it would be pretty easy on that... Figure out a way to brace it, knock the old out, cut the studs and put the new one in... Easy stuff...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-21-2013, 12:19 AM Reply   
I think that taller doors will make your front elevation look better too. That's a big gap between the gutter and the top of the doors. You might consider going with carriage house doors with the cool hardware for some visual interest since the garage doors are so prominent on your house. They always make a huge positive impact. Also might want to think about what you're gonna do about exterior trim now that the new taller door height wont line up with the top of that stone wainscott. Take your time and think this through. I wanna see after pics. Good luck.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-21-2013, 7:13 AM Reply   
That house was designed for tall doors! Carriage style doors would look much nicer. I say raise both doors if you can swing it, keep it symetrical.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-21-2013, 7:36 AM Reply   
No help on the doors, but a BIG CONGRATS on the dream lake house!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-26-2013, 3:40 PM Reply   
What lake are you at?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-26-2013, 7:43 PM Reply   
Dane; Lake Tulloch

The worst lake in California full of tubers and party animals.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-26-2013, 7:46 PM Reply   
I'm serious this place is LAME. Packed with Jet Ski's and Wakesurfers
Attached Images

Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-28-2013, 10:55 AM Reply   
Congrats bud!!!!!!