Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-27-2012, 10:51 AM Reply   
Me and my brother are putting a cool sign together for our cabin and we thought itd be cool idea to have some "laws of sandlake" and im looking for suggestions. We are not too hardcore and in our 30s but I like this idea. These are some i just thought up which i will change a bit but you get the sense

1. DO More
2. No shoes in the boat….
3. Don’t throw a tantrum for not landing a tantrum
4. Looking bad trying something new is better than looking good doing the same stuff
5. Good falls get respect
6. If your’e not falling you’re not trying
7. Don’t blame the driver
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-27-2012, 11:01 AM Reply   
Only give advice when advice is asked for...

Nothings more frustrating than having your riding critiqued by someone who is no where near your own level of riding. You know who you are... now stop it!
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-27-2012, 11:05 AM Reply   
Enjoy it your on the water.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-27-2012, 11:10 AM Reply   
no stupid rules

just have fun and do your thing. Who cares if people aren't going all out trying new tricks? It's not your pull, give them their time to do what they want.

I agree on the shoes though. vinyl doesn't last forever
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-27-2012, 11:19 AM Reply   
#1, of course, should be NO POWER TURNS!
Old     (brazosfreak05)      Join Date: May 2009       09-27-2012, 11:20 AM Reply   
Dont pee in the drysuit.

I guess that is really the only rule i actully tell people.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-27-2012, 11:30 AM Reply   
Tom i think you may have taken that the wrong way. I probably should have worded it differently. Having fun is number 1 always and we never judge anyones riding style but I have some friends I ride with who never try anything and complain about sucking. Trust me I dont expect my gf or newbys to go out trying inverts but there is something exciting about learning something new weather its a toeside edge or raley. A friend of mine never has fun wakeboarding and it seems hes wakeboarding to show people in the boat he doesnt suck. In other words hes afraid of looking stupid when trying anything he isnt comfortable with and because of it he cant relax.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-27-2012, 11:33 AM Reply   
In other words its irritating as hell when someone tell you your wake has no pop and when they rock heelside tindys into the flats but never do anything else
Old    kx250frider617            09-27-2012, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reez View Post
In other words its irritating as hell when someone tell you your wake has no pop and when they rock heelside tindys into the flats but never do anything else
I think we have the same friend! Or complains if you run a little less weight than normal.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-27-2012, 11:54 AM Reply   
My buddies 6 year old blamed my son's board, my driving skills and the boat wake all in the same set. He's never ridden more than 200 feet but wants to wakeskate as well. Should I ban him from the boat? We can make him sit on shore while the families and other kids pile on the boat.

(my friend, the boys father, could no stop giggling at me about the criticism)
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-27-2012, 12:18 PM Reply   
Lol... These are also reminders to ourselves... At one point everyone has gotten a little chippy about driving or complained cuz they werent riding as good as normal. The purpose of the least is so we follow it. Other people can do whatever they want. Just reminders to keep having fun and not take it too serious
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-27-2012, 12:32 PM Reply   
Boats don't run on thank yous....

Driver rides, no matter what.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-27-2012, 12:45 PM Reply   
My boat runs on thank you and heart felt appreciation but I never ask or turn away the gift of fuel. Somehow I always get enough water time as well. A lot of that however has come at the cost of age.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-27-2012, 12:47 PM Reply   
Theres some days I'd rather drive or spot then ride. If its my 3rd of of riding in a row i'm usually pretty beat up and enjoy watching others have the fun
Old    9Drozd            09-27-2012, 12:49 PM Reply   
1. No Shoes
2. Whatever you brought with you, comes off the boat with you. (Trash, beer, etc. its not my job to clean your *****.)
3. Don't abide by the above rules, you don't come back ever.

Those are ours. Its amazing how nobody has any common courtesy anymore.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-27-2012, 2:55 PM Reply   
you ride you help clean up....
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-27-2012, 4:23 PM Reply   
Girls wear board shorts! Trust me, some of us just should...but, even those with fine figures learn quick that a butt check in a bikini is not so pleasant!
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-27-2012, 5:45 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       09-27-2012, 6:23 PM Reply   
No bitching about the cold. I don't care if the water's 45*, we're riding.
Old     (ApplebyMommy)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-27-2012, 6:34 PM Reply   
Just curious why does everyone hate power turns?
Old    9Drozd            09-27-2012, 6:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplebyMommy View Post
Just curious why does everyone hate power turns?
Because it jacks up smooth water. You send rollers in the direction in which your riding, then you have to ride over them. At 2-3 newbs out power turning and you can kiss the smooth water goodbye.
Old     (ApplebyMommy)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-27-2012, 6:43 PM Reply   
Okay we have little, very little kids behind our boat and if the lake is abandoned we don't necessarily use a power turn, BUT if there are other boats back I"m getting back to my 36" tall wakeboarder as quickly as possible. I don't want another boat to meet her first. We are just a bunch of newbies, but nothing is better than water like glass for learning.
Old    9Drozd            09-27-2012, 6:54 PM Reply   
^^^ That understandable, and if I were in your shoes i'd do the exact same. What you have to realize though is that most if not everyone on this board are all mature and older riders. So we like to keep the water as smooth as we can. Like you said, there's nothing better than riding on smooth water. That's the reason we all gripe about power turns. When you have 2 experienced drivers in a line, they watch for fallen riders in front of them and your worries about them meeting your rider first is greatly lessened because they know where a rider is at all times. However this is few and far between as most other drivers just don't know or have the common sense to be aware of fallen riders besides their own.
Old     (ApplebyMommy)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-27-2012, 6:58 PM Reply   
We try to boat away from most other riders, but this time of year we are pretty much the only riders LOL.]Name:  panoramaboat.jpg
Views: 3333
Size:  37.4 KB
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       09-27-2012, 7:04 PM Reply   
Man, that e card was halarious up there ^^^
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       09-27-2012, 7:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Hooke102 View Post
Boats don't run on thank yous....

Driver rides, no matter what.
No doubt, I quit asking my "buddies" to go to the lake and bum food, beer, free boat rides, and wouldnt even give thank you's half the time. I diffenately like the idea of a cool sign for a little serious humor.
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-27-2012, 7:26 PM Reply   
This is awesome! amen
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-27-2012, 8:45 PM Reply   
my rules are simple
no powerturning
all riders must at least attempt to jump toeside NO HEELSIDE HEROES ALLOWED!
and one new trick or new variation per set
oh and driver gets to choose when he rides

Last edited by simplej; 09-27-2012 at 8:55 PM.
Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-27-2012, 9:38 PM Reply   
If you pop the handle and don't fall, you must robot all the way into the water!
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-27-2012, 11:55 PM Reply   
I prefer air drums...
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       09-28-2012, 4:32 AM Reply   
1. Always cheer a faceplant! YEW!
2. The only bad rider is the one who doesn't get out of the boat/off their butt to ride
3. Have fun
4. Don't take yourself too seriously. If you do, we won't.
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       09-28-2012, 6:56 AM Reply   
Great Thread!

There might be too many to list but I would like to start with my personal motto / slogan (that I stole from someone else). Keep everything else light and it will make a great addition to your cabin.

EVERY day on the water is better than ANY day on land! (wife might argue with this one)

HAVE FUN! (covers alot of the bases)

No Power Turns. (it's an easy way to start the conversation to those who don't know what this means)
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       09-28-2012, 6:59 AM Reply   
Also, if your looking to hook up your cabin...
I found this in a catalog yesterday and they had my lake available, maybe they will have yours.

http://www.signals.com/cgi-bin/hazel...IL&ITEM=HM4052

They have a clock too.
Attached Images

Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-28-2012, 7:19 AM Reply   
Wow, some of these rules make for one uptight boat experience...

1. No shoes
2. Avoid liquids that stain (red wine, cola, etc)
3. Have fun
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-28-2012, 9:54 AM Reply   
In response to the conversation about the power turns. Even on a busy lake when other boaters may not be paying attention to a downed rider power turning makes things even less safe than the boat behind you not paying attention. Not only will you bring huge chop rollers back to your rider causing the boat to rock and possibly be out of control, the driver of the other boat will act unpredictably. If you simply bak off the throttle and come to a stop to turn around the other boat is more likely to see this and change their course whereas if you power turn they have no clue what your intended course of Tavel will be and neither will you know theirs
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-28-2012, 9:56 AM Reply   
Also I urge you to try both. Time each process. I guarantee that you hardly save even a second by power turning
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-28-2012, 10:09 AM Reply   
Dianna, power turning
when one power turns the boat driver instantaneously put their fallen rider in danger
1. as you power turn you left the rider wide open for other boats to come near because you're no longer in line with the fallen rider
2. power turning back to rider puts the fallen rider in danger because you now have less control over your speeding boat
3. do you think your little one sitting in the water likes this huge boat racing back to them then tossing the poor thing around like a turd about to get flushed?

Take it slow and easy, think about it, whens the last time you were frantic over something and the results were positive.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-28-2012, 10:45 AM Reply   
I can sympathize with the thought process behind power turning, but I also am unwilling to ride/pull someone when there is a close follower we find a way to get them to back off or we find a safe place to stop and cuss them out. Not to mention that if the person who is behind you isn't too close, then there is no reason to power turn, you can do a quick idle down while turning, then get on the power on your way back in a straight line, every power turn I've seen people do results in a wide arch which yes, I believe leaves your rider wide open to an unpredictable situation.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       09-28-2012, 11:08 AM Reply   
Jason, MCXSTAR - EXACTAMUNDO!!!!!!
Old     (Txjole)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-28-2012, 11:46 AM Reply   
2 to add;

Throw the rope, swim back to the boat
Learn and use proper hand signals to the driver.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-28-2012, 11:57 AM Reply   
Just for fun:

1. no powerturns
2. no heelside heroes (HS W2W is just one trick, it gets BORING to watch, try a TS, hell try ANYTHING)
3. Fashion airs are not funny, ever
4. pay attention to your surroundings (nothing worse than fast running out of lake and seeing your rider cut out wide for a jump :-/ )
5. help anyone who is trying to learn something you can do (we've all struggled with tricks, help if you can)
6. respect the boat (no shoes, pay for gas, clean up etc.)
Old     (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-28-2012, 3:24 PM Reply   
And bring your own damn sunscreen....
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-28-2012, 4:18 PM Reply   
These are great. For those people getting mad at people for having more stringent rules then others remember every crew is different. Some guys are being pushed by their friends for competition etc and some people just ride for a jolly!
Old     (rmotoxxx711)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-28-2012, 4:24 PM Reply   
Apparently you've never gotten thrown onto your face due to bad driving, haha
In other words yes sometimes you can definitely blame the driver
Old     (rmotoxxx711)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-28-2012, 4:25 PM Reply   
...Oh and if you ride my jacket or loaner board, don't get it wet (pun intended)
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-28-2012, 4:49 PM Reply   
1 no power turns
2 keep the boat balanced, gah i hate bringing new people out and they are always moving around on the boat!
3 drive straight lines
4 no smoking
5 be smart
6 pay gas
7 wipe boat down after
8 dont be useless unless your a hot girl
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-28-2012, 5:38 PM Reply   
My Rules-

1) Rules are stupid
2) No PowerTurns
3) Fill the cooler or the tank...or my stomach
4) Be nice
5) No shoes
Old     (ApplebyMommy)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-28-2012, 5:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
I can sympathize with the thought process behind power turning, but I also am unwilling to ride/pull someone when there is a close follower we find a way to get them to back off or we find a safe place to stop and cuss them out. Not to mention that if the person who is behind you isn't too close, then there is no reason to power turn, you can do a quick idle down while turning, then get on the power on your way back in a straight line, every power turn I've seen people do results in a wide arch which yes, I believe leaves your rider wide open to an unpredictable situation.
Thanks guys! I don't think we do a lot of power turns it's probably more of an initial quick turn and then slowly into them. My husband has been on the lake since he was 10 years old and now at 54 he's picked up his far share of skiers. I however had never driven the boat until last Summer and sometimes my Mama Bear kicks in. 4 year olds don't ever "plan" a fall and the ***most*** frustrating part is when another boat is riding near my baby. It's a big lake and she's 3 feet tall obviously she could fall at any moment.

We are big wakesurfers too, and you want to talk about some rebound waves....wow.

Amazingly my kids are incredibly calm waiting to be picked up in the water even my 2 year old son swims to the kneeboard and patiently waits for the boat to return.
Old     (ApplebyMommy)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-28-2012, 5:59 PM Reply   
Also another boat rule for me is spray sunscreen only on the swim platform that crap gets all over the inside of the boat.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-28-2012, 6:55 PM Reply   
No spray sunscreen anywhere near my boat,that stuff ruins interior vinyl.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-28-2012, 7:59 PM Reply   
I'm stealing this one from the Boarding School's FB Page:

Old     (HotBoarder10121)      Join Date: May 2012       09-28-2012, 9:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottog1979 View Post
#1, of course, should be NO POWER TURNS!
i agree, no power turns, ever!
Old     (HotBoarder10121)      Join Date: May 2012       09-28-2012, 9:02 PM Reply   
u missed a step between 3 and 4... PEE
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-28-2012, 9:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotBoarder10121 View Post
u missed a step between 3 and 4... PEE
That is a rule!

"Hey! Wait a sec! Not ready ..... Ahh, ok!"
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-29-2012, 12:47 PM Reply   
1) No Cheetos / Doritos or any other orange snack.
2) No spray sunscreen. Use mine I have plenty and I know it wont bugger up my boat.
3) No BS about not wanting first pull. Pull that crap and you might be organic ballast all day. It gets exhausting.
4) I need help rinsing and hauling gear. We ride in salt so its a scrub down of everything. Ill get the boat, Y'all get the rest.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-29-2012, 1:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidarider View Post
Also I urge you to try both. Time each process. I guarantee that you hardly save even a second by power turning
Agree. Powerturning actually takes more time in my opinion.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-29-2012, 1:23 PM Reply   
Jb your number 2 is good. I always feel like such a dick when there are a bunch f new
People in the boat and I have to tell everyone where to sit
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-29-2012, 2:55 PM Reply   
you know in our boat its all about having a great day and enjoying yourself. Dont care if you are a beginner or Pro, we will let friends ride first , and the people that come out with us usually share the same values about boating /wakeboarding that we do.
We have already started our summer back home in Australia !!!!!!!! oh yeah and the new boat is awesome.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-29-2012, 6:32 PM Reply   
Only 10 tries to get up on top of the water (its not you, I just can't coach)
Old     (fsuwake12)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-29-2012, 6:57 PM Reply   
My name is Hunter and I am captain of the Florida State University Wakeboard team. 5 of us put together a team and got accepted to be in Red Bull Flugtag Miami! We are Team Despicable Me!
If you could help support some fellow wakeboarders and go like our team page that would be awesome!
facebook.com/despicablemeflugtag
@teamdespicablem
http://www.redbullflugtagusa.com/#/team/despicable-me
Thank you for the support!
Team Despicable Me
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-29-2012, 7:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsuwake12 View Post
My name is Hunter and I am captain of the Florida State University Wakeboard team. 5 of us put together a team and got accepted to be in Red Bull Flugtag Miami! We are Team Despicable Me!
If you could help support some fellow wakeboarders and go like our team page that would be awesome!
facebook.com/despicablemeflugtag
@teamdespicablem
http://www.redbullflugtagusa.com/#/team/despicable-me
Thank you for the support!
Team Despicable Me
spamming all our threads probably isnt your best strategy for getting support. get your own thread going man
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-30-2012, 4:53 PM Reply   
way to make your wake team look terrible.

but yes rules.
pay attention to the driver, like really, if you need to turn around, you need to turn around it really does suck when you have to turn and you got somebody back there not paying attention at all jumping, its not like you have to only concentrate on them, but pay attention

I get the whole not giving advise to people if they are better than you thing but its kind of crap at the same time, maybe you can throw an invert they cant but they are also watching you ride and maybe they actually see something you could easily fix that you're doing.
so my rule to that is.. dont be an *******, nobody likes the know it all

If you cant throw something they are trying but think you know better than them shut up.. but if someone is trying to help with something that you may be simply doing wrong then in my opinion id rather them tell me nicely to remember to do something, and me fix it really quick than continuing to concrete a bad habit. Try to remember they are watching from a different angle and can be way more observant of the little things.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-30-2012, 6:09 PM Reply   
I'm the best in my riding crew and I have to tell at my boys to tell me what I'm doing wrong or give me motivation and ideas to try different things. My greatest teacher growing up was my buddies dad who rode maybe once or twice a year. So if u have that attitude of dont tell me how to do something cuz u can't do it, Ur just a dueshe bag
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-01-2012, 9:13 AM Reply   
Same situation for me as Jason. I love advice as long as it isn't obnoxious. Although I would only say once it has been said don't keep telling the rider over and over again. We know, we are working on it lol.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       10-01-2012, 2:40 PM Reply   
Tube when it's smooth, Wakeboard when it's rough.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       10-01-2012, 2:46 PM Reply   
SMILE! youre on a boat Bych!
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-01-2012, 5:33 PM Reply   
If you cant bring gas, at least bring beer.
Old     (BrtnDan)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-05-2012, 7:06 AM Reply   
I've taken a bunch of these and compiled them into a list. Feel free to adjust as necessary. "Steve" can refer to anyone you so choose. I suggest printing out on colored construction paper, cuz that makes it funny.

As the season comes to an end, I'd like to shoot y'll a quick list of some "boat rules". This isn't intended to be jerkish (like, say, this chick: http://gawker.com/5948725/reasons-wh...e-a-bridesmaid ) and is tongue in cheek. That beign said, its a good thing to know regardless of whos boat you're on.

Knowing these rules will get you mad props and free beers and invited back and calm water and the best spot at the party cove and you'll learn how to fly and arabs and christians will kinda get along like that one guy at school you weren't a super huge fan of but played beer pong with once and he ended up being ok and now you give him the head nod when you see him and Romney will be elected president and Steve will start taking showers daily and good things will happen.*

*Not a guarantee. Please see our ad in Readers Digest for disclosures.

Note: Guests are welcome and encouraged, however the inviting party is responsible for them.

1) Have fun - Seriously, the worst day on the water is better than the best day on land. Especially because my boat is overinsured, so even if it sinks I get PAIIDDDD.

2) No shoes on the boat. Vinyl, while reletively durable, can tear and is more likely to when people are wearing shoes. additionally, shoes tend to be much dirtier than feet. Plus, you never know when we're going to be wakeboarding with Rex Ryan, and I hear he digs that.

3) No cigs on the boat. If you want a cig, you are welcome to have one, you just have to sit on the back tansom and ash into the water *this rule is subject to change dependent on the drunkenness of the captain

4) No glass, ever. Glass breaks and noone likes glass in da feets. This may be the only rule I will not budge on ever.

5) Take with you what you bring. Don't leave trash on someone's boat. Help clean the boat up if possible.

6) The order of riding will be determined by dice, in order of high to low.

7) If you lose the handle but don't fall actually fall, you MUST do the robot into the water. Air drums are an acceptable alternative.

8) The only bad wakeboarder / skiier is the one who doesn't get off his a$$ and go ride.

9) Don't be useless. Help when asked (rope, dogs, etc). *Being an attractive female in a bikini automatically qualifies you as "Not Useless"

10) Gas ain't cheap.

11) You will refer to me as: Skipper, Captain, or Admiral. You will refer to Steve as "Gilligan"

This season is sadly over, but next year looks to be the greatest ever!
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-05-2012, 7:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrtnDan View Post
7) If you lose the handle but don't fall actually fall, you MUST do the robot into the water. Air drums are an acceptable alternative.
Classic!
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-05-2012, 7:25 AM Reply   
Music Rules:

1) No Rap
2) No Hard Rock (unless hair metal just for fun)

Rap should be self explanatory. If you own a wake boat, you probably don't know much about being from the "mean streets" and if you own a gun, it's probably registered with the state and oiled up in your attic. No need to be a thug on the water.

Heavy metal makes us think you're psyching yourself up for some great trick. It's such a disappointment to hear loud guitar and double bass drums coming from a boat which is pulling a rider doing surface 360's. You know who you are, now stop it.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            10-05-2012, 7:41 AM Reply   
^^^Glad Im not riding in the Justin Bieber, Carly Rae & John Denver boat

Totally kidding man...
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-05-2012, 7:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
^^^Glad Im not riding in the Justin Bieber, Carly Rae & John Denver boat

Totally kidding man...
haha. i actually lol'd when i read that! and now people at work think i'm weird...

We ride to Texas music, some john mayer, stuff like that. I'm the oldest 26 year old in the world :/
Old     (BrtnDan)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-05-2012, 12:38 PM Reply   
F*** that S*** on my boat we're gangsters
Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-05-2012, 2:10 PM Reply   
That's a pretty solid list! We added to 7 though...

In the event the rider forgets to robot, they have 2 options...
1) next hit must be an invert that they have never tried before
2) they must make the next boat payment!

As the boat owner, I prefer #2! Lol
Old     (BTV)      Join Date: Jul 2010       10-06-2012, 2:14 PM Reply   
I love all these rules. A couple more I like.
Use a cup holder! Pisses me off when somebody sets their drink down on the seat, it spills and it was right by a cup holder.
After riding don't throw your vest and board in the boat the second you get on the deck. Let them drain a little and pour the water out of your bindings. I don't mind the inside of the boat getting wet, but please help keep it to a minimum.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-16-2012, 4:01 PM Reply   
I love the rules. From now on in my boat, if you *** TOSS, YOU ROBOT. (had to steal it)
NO GLASS
NO SPRAY SUN BLOCK
NO SHOES
NO TUBES or KNEE BOARDS
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-16-2012, 6:51 PM Reply   
I as rule try to attempt a new trick every time I ride, just helps keep the progress moving!
Old     (BrtnDan)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-18-2012, 6:40 AM Reply   
ladies = no tops allowed
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       10-18-2012, 9:43 AM Reply   
Cell phones are for emergency use only. Unless we are picking up riders/girls and giving them our location or where to meet.
(Nothing makes me angrier than people texting and not paying attention to people riding on a beautiful day at the lake. Put the phones in the glovebox and leave them there.)

No Dubstep haha

of course the standard ones as well (Shoes, Powerturns, etc) but those two are my pet peeves.
Old     (Wake08)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-18-2012, 12:58 PM Reply   
Either you bring gas money, or you ride topless.

BrtnDan - All I can say is that it sounds like your crew has a blast on the water, love the rules man.

Quote:
Rap should be self explanatory. If you own a wake boat, you probably don't know much about being from the "mean streets" and if you own a gun, it's probably registered with the state and oiled up in your attic. No need to be a thug on the water.
I'm a life long boat mooch, so I pride myself on being one of the closest to the poverty line when riding!