Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cougarfan83)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-16-2012, 1:56 PM Reply   
Has anyone used Lightning Accessories for tower speakers? If so, what are your thoughts?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-16-2012, 11:14 PM Reply   
Lightning cans are nicer than many others. The speakers are nothing that special, just moderate/high quality car speakers. They sound good in and around the boat. Behind the boat you will probably not hear them well if you are running them in a standard wakeboard boat. My buddy had them on his I/O and they were great on it. Now on his Malibu he runs Wetsounds.
Old     (cougarfan83)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-17-2012, 8:16 AM Reply   
Here's what my dealer is offering. Four 6.5 Arc tower speakers or four 8 in Fosgate speakers (my choice) Two Arc amps (not sure the wattage) an equalizer and 10 in Sub. Cost-$3500

I am in no way an audio expert but something tells me I can get a lot more for my money, or the same for less.

Am I right?
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-17-2012, 9:25 AM Reply   
Yes your right... You can do a WAY better system for 3500 in just product... You should be able to get 2 rev10's which project to the wakeboarder better than ANY coaxial, 2 amps, 4 inboats and a moderate sub for that price cash and carry...
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-18-2012, 11:59 AM Reply   
For that kind of money, you should really be looking along the lines of HLCD type speakers. Lightning cans are nothing special, and if anything are more toward the bottom of the barrel.

I REALLY suggest you check out Acme Tops and Tunes in Sacramento (916) 429-2293 (no, I don't work for them!) and I'm almost 100% positive that they will be able to get you into a set of REV10's, an amp to run them, as well as a 12" subwoofer and amp plus EQ for less than the quoted $3,500.00 price. Plus they'll build it right the first time, and you won't have to upgrade unless you eventually want another pair of REV 10's.

IMHO one REV 10, or Exile XM9 will destroy the arc audios or the fosgate 8"'s.

Plus at ACME you can listen to the speakers in an open air environment before you buy them.

Oh, and if you do end up getting REV10's, make sure you buy the neoprene covers for them, it gets rid of the hassle of cleaning bugs off of them after trailering. They are worth their weight in gold!!!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-18-2012, 1:15 PM Reply   
I'll second Acme. They are great with both service and price.