Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-23-2009, 6:06 PM Reply   
Thought it would be interesting to hear what everyones favorite CWB board is.

I'm curious because I've had the chance to ride and own an earlier model Absolute Platty, first year redesigned Transcend, and now primarily riding a Marius, and its such a close call between them, especially the Marius and Transcend. Love the consistent rocker line of the Marius, even though I never thought I'd ride a continuous board! Jumped on my older Absolute today after riding my Marius and it felt like I was riding a finicky waterski

What CWB do you dig the most?
Old     (wakeboardlf25)      Join Date: May 2007       06-23-2009, 6:09 PM Reply   
i don't think you can go wrong with either choice of the marius of transcend. Ive ridden both and love em both. But i lean more towards the transcend just because i feel more comfortable on a lil bit quicker board. My only opinion would be to stay away from platnium they seem to break pretty easy. i kno ive broken 2 marius plattys and 1 transcend plat
Old    thebiggmann            06-23-2009, 6:20 PM Reply   
Kind of a hijack, so I apologize, but I figure there will be a lot of cwb people in here haha. My friend has an old freedom and its missing a fin, and the stock fins are huge anyway. Does anyone have some that they don't use that they'd hook her up with? Just anything thatll fit, probably the smaller the better, considering how large the stocks are, but shed take anything. Right now I just macgyvered my old murray fins onto it but they twist around cuz there's only 1 screw hole.
Old     (tsteeb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-23-2009, 6:41 PM Reply   
i love my marius, i only wish it was a 140 instead of a 134
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-23-2009, 7:06 PM Reply   
hIjack again....

Tyler, I've got an '08 140 Marius Platty for sale if you want it. PM me.

/hIjack
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-23-2009, 7:53 PM Reply   
I have a Faction and I really like it. I have had Absolutes in the past and they were great too. I have always wanted to try a Marius, but I haven't gotten around to it.
Old     (drknute3)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-24-2009, 7:04 AM Reply   
I rode a Faction, Marius, and Transcend all before deciding on the Absolute 141 last summer. Board rides good for me. faction bots are super comfy as well.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-24-2009, 10:30 AM Reply   
Gotta say the Transcend is the best board I've ever ridden. I picked up a Absolute this year just to do something different. Still a fun board, but it's definitely no Transcend.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-24-2009, 10:30 AM Reply   
It's all personal preference. Nnow what I mean??
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-24-2009, 10:36 AM Reply   
Marius gets a thumbs up with me. Now if CWB will make bindings small enough for me it will be a 100% step over to the dark side.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-24-2009, 10:47 AM Reply   
I thought I had small feet! Squid, you can't fit into Smalls? Are you in a circus?

Pretty much ridden them all and each has its benefits. For me the perfect board is the new Transcend, that thing just does it all well.

Looking forward to next year, heard they are coming out with some cool new stuff. I'm interested to see what Gabe Lucas' deck is like!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-24-2009, 10:59 AM Reply   
Nope I tried on the small and still a little play. But I did try a friends GF Tiffanys med and they fit. Next time out I will try them. Some people are telling me they are the answers just made pretty for the girls.

Me in a circus no but some people may say I have a circus going on in my head. haha

I am with you on the 2010 stuff I was told they are going to get the size back to normal.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-24-2009, 12:52 PM Reply   
^ another hijack *

What years did they change binding sizing?? I was XXL in 06. My Zeus's inner boot ripped, trying to warrantied but not looking good. A buddies XXL are kinda big... Can't try before I buy and want to stay with a hinged boot. ANy ideas? I'd like to fix mine, not sure if it works like that...
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-24-2009, 1:13 PM Reply   
Nacho, I was told thats its only the closed toe bindings that were a little bigger. I am sure the open to are ok. Sorry for the hijack guys. I am sure Evan, or Big Heavy can tell us.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-24-2009, 1:18 PM Reply   
On topic - Fav deck:
Jumped on a Transcend last yr and really like it. I'm the only one in my crew w/ a CWB board so I haven't had the chance to play around with other shapes. I have thought about just taking the plunge on a marius after all the reviews on that board. Seems like a no-brainer.
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       06-24-2009, 2:55 PM Reply   
My fave is the Marius plat! Although as far as C-dub goes it's the only one I've been on. I'll check back on this thread after thiss weekend I'm gunna try my friends 09 transcend hopefully it will convince me that the Marius is definitely my fav board
Old     (v220ls)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-24-2009, 2:57 PM Reply   
Marius #1 Nice pop smooth landings feels solid
Transcend #2 edgy, great pop, responsive.
only ride CWB they rock.
My 2 cents
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-24-2009, 3:07 PM Reply   
Yup... Closed toes you've gotta ride one size down from previous sizing for most people. That said.... I run the same size and wear socks. Mediums are a tad tight. Larges are a tad loose. You wont be disappointed with the CT's they're really comfy. I love the Answers. I'm not sure if they can fix your 06's. Those parts should be long gone.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-24-2009, 3:21 PM Reply   
I love the Marius and the Absolute, and I really want to try the new Transcend.

I saw some CWB bindings that Andrew Adkison had that looked like they had straps on them. Does anybody know anything about them?
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-24-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
The bindings AA was wearing are prototypes. There have been pics of them here on wakeworld.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-24-2009, 4:41 PM Reply   
Transcend 100%!! Best board ever! I started out on a Marius a few years back and really did like that board. I wanted to try something different so picked up the Transcend and haven't looked back.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-24-2009, 9:41 PM Reply   
Where are the pics of those proto boots?
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-24-2009, 11:01 PM Reply   
My fav of all time was the 03 absolute plat 141 love the graphics and that board rode amazing. I wish I could findone and buy it.
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-24-2009, 11:31 PM Reply   
I've only ridden the 08 and 09 transcend and love the 09 a lil bit more. I have yet to try any other CWB boards, im gonna try my buddies marius just to see what its all about for fun, but i dont plan on strappin into anything other than a transcend. Im more comfortable on my 09 board than i ever had and am stoked about it. More power to CWB and the support of a great company!!!!
Old     (tan)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-25-2009, 3:51 PM Reply   
The pure, was on the transcend wanted to try something different rode the pure and loved it.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-26-2009, 12:00 AM Reply   
What up Tanner??? Get your ass home and lets ride KL.

Oh yeah Marius....
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-26-2009, 5:51 AM Reply   
The second and third generation Transcend are the best riding boards that I have ever tried.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       06-26-2009, 6:46 AM Reply   
Is the Transcend a wake to wake style board, related to its rocker, similar to the Watson & Substance boards?

Thanks,
Erik
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-26-2009, 10:50 AM Reply   
Just bought my 5th CWB deck, a 140 Marius Platty... Pretty confident this will be my favorite board to date. Loved my 34 foam core Marius, but at 150 lbs it just didn't seem like enough board under my feet!

And in response to the post above mine, the Transcends is a 3 stage board (suits a wake to wake style) but the pop is rather consistent and pretty forgiving, compared to the Absolute which is much more aggressive IMO.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-26-2009, 11:19 AM Reply   
I like watching everyone's opinion on boards. You can get an idea of what kind of rider they are by the boards they like.

The new Transcend is where its at for me. Erik, it's a good board for wake to wake style riding but has the ability to launch into the flats if you want. The pop doesn't stop you but will kick hard if you try.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       06-26-2009, 4:15 PM Reply   
Thank you for the responses guys.

I have an 09 Transcend and an 09 Watson - both 138s that I am side by side testing this Sunday. My guess is that Andrew Adkison has created a CWB convert. I realize that sounds like a biased standpoint from which to start but 10 years now with Liquid Force equipment... maybe time for a change.

I really plateaued last summer on my Substance, so Andrew & CWB's assistance will hopefully get me past that. Of course I know its the rider and not the board in plateau situations, but this could be a psychological push in the right direction at the very least. But Substance to Transcend seems like a nice comfortable path.

Andrew is someone who must make his sponsors really happy. Can't wait to see how this shakes out.
Old     (gotwake124)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-27-2009, 12:38 PM Reply   
This year I've ridden the absolute, the pure, and the trandscend but I definately like the trandscend the most...Its similar to the absolute which I liked but the fins on the absolute are just a little to big for my taste