Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (trevorcurry)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-04-2007, 8:25 PM Reply   
Are there many private ski lakes in Nor Cal... besides Bel Aqua and Villa Lagos. I'm tired of riding Folsom Lake. Are there any privates close by Folsom area that one could buy a membership too?

-Trevor
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-04-2007, 8:31 PM Reply   
wait is this trevor from villa lagos this weekend? The one in mens novice?
Old    petey20            07-05-2007, 5:40 PM Reply   
There are 2 just north of Rio Linda off of Riego/Base Line Road. Any body know who owns them? I found them on Google Maps. Check it out. I tried to go scope it out but it's all gated with lots of no tresspassing signs. Anybody on Wakeworld ride there? Don't worry, I don't want to steal your spot...just curious.

(you may have to move the map a little NW and zoom in)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=rio+linda+ca&ie=UTF8&z=1 2&om=1
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-05-2007, 6:37 PM Reply   
yep i ski there. somehwat of a long waiting list to get on. it is primarily for slalom but some people let there kids wakeboard. i take my wakeboard boat out there but i go when i know noone else is there. the wakes can trash the boats on the dock and members get upset.

i can bring you out as a guest somewimte if you want to check it out..
Old     (trevorcurry)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-05-2007, 11:07 PM Reply   
Matt- This is Trevor from Villa Lagos... but a different one, I ride expert division. Im guessing you ride there too?
Old     (trevorcurry)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-05-2007, 11:08 PM Reply   
Rod- Im down to check it out if you ever need a third. And I'm always good for gas money.
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-05-2007, 11:16 PM Reply   
lol haha yeahh i do I thought this was someone i met
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-06-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
you never need a third, thats the great thing.. ill let you know next time that is good.
Old     (trevorcurry)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-06-2007, 1:03 PM Reply   
haha i guess you dont need a third... i forgot about that. But ya I'm always down for a sesh on a private lake.
Old     (mikerod29)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-06-2007, 10:15 PM Reply   
thats bell aqua, and its three lakes, not two
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-07-2007, 7:25 AM Reply   
not bell aqua, your looking at the wrong lakes.
Old     (mikerod29)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-07-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
well slap me silly and call me an idiot, I found them, I have always wondered if there were lakes behind those trees, now I know!
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-07-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
Stillwater, redwood shores, beach lake, shore line, whinchester, lang lake and bell aqua are all of the private lakes that I have been to in the sacramento area. they are all private ski lakes and really hard to get on, unless you know club members. Most of them don't allow big wakes and are shallow anyways.