Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-12-2004, 5:13 PM Reply   
Currently I can land backrolls, tantrums, and 360s no problem. I need a new trick to work on. I was thinking about either scarecrows, roll2reverts, tantrum2blinds, or off-axis 3. Which do you think would be the easiest or best trick to learn to help my riding improve?
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-12-2004, 5:16 PM Reply   
off axis 3, try it wraped every once in a while too,it is a little different but it might help you with the trick a little
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-12-2004, 5:19 PM Reply   
definitly get something TS IE front,crow etc..then take something you know already and do it switch...
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-12-2004, 5:50 PM Reply   
how about something toeside or switch?
Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       05-12-2004, 6:40 PM Reply   
Scarecrow sounds pretty good and would make your lines look alot better.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-12-2004, 7:56 PM Reply   
thanks guys...this week liquid force is coming to town on that LF trip across america. I am going to get to ride on their super air nautique with them. Maybe I will go for a few scarecrow's and get some pointers.

Thanks everyone
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-12-2004, 8:41 PM Reply   
Definately go for the crow, the edge and release islike a tantrum only toeside & forward. Trip-flip style. I'd also try a TS 5 just because you'll realize how easy it is if you can do a TS 3.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-13-2004, 12:33 AM Reply   
i'd say learn a hs bs 180, regular and switch. imo that would be the most helpful fundamental to get down if you want to progress from here. especially if you want to learn a tantrum to blind.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-13-2004, 6:47 AM Reply   
Leo, you're in the same boat as I. This weekend I'll have some really good riders in the boat to help me out. I'm going for the Scarecrow!
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-13-2004, 12:06 PM Reply   
Scarecrow or toeside front. toeside 5 would be nice as well.
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-13-2004, 1:11 PM Reply   
Toeside frontflip, and toeside backroll. It will make a clean run being able to go HS invert to TS invert. Also add a grab with them too.

(Message edited by ridn9high on May 13, 2004)
Old     (wake_up_11)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-13-2004, 1:18 PM Reply   
Toeside backrolls should be easy if you can do tantrums. Roll to revert isn't that hard if you have really consitent back rolls and are really confortalbe with hs fs 180's.

I would definetly lear a scare crow soon. And raleys aren't hard their just scary.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-13-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
popular oppinion says i should go for some scarecrows
Old    devastate            05-13-2004, 8:20 PM Reply   
who's going to be in the boat with you J-Rod?
Old    alanp            05-13-2004, 9:39 PM Reply   
dude, try a toeside backroll. easiest invert i ever tried. landed it on the third attempt. for me it is much easier than a crow and front roll. try going for an indy grab too it'll speed up the rotation.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       05-15-2004, 12:54 AM Reply   
Your current trick list is great! Good for you. I can't do some of those moves. I would stoked just to have those under my belt. Good for you. Anyway I would think about trying to land blind. Whether its 180's, 360's, or inverts. Furthermore, like others have mentioned, scarecrow would be killer. Roll to reverts since you already have the backroll down. Try this on your switch edge. A switch heelside roll to revert would be cool (aka halfcab roll). Also since you have your tantrum down you can work on whirly birds. Whirly is the next move to get if you have the tantrum down. Try to perfect you switch edges so you can ride equally as good on all edges. This is fun because it make your riding more smooth and you can take your tricks to switch and its no worries. People won't know which edge is your dominant edge. The more technical moves are based off of mobes. Crow Mobe, Pete Rose, KGB, etc. Other moves that might be obtainable would be hoochie glides, crypts, and 313. anyway good luck.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-15-2004, 1:07 AM Reply   
Before you try doing tantrum to blinds, how about learning to do hs backside 180s first? Or better yet, learn a hs180. It'll teach you to land and ride switch.

Once you've learned the 180s, do tantrum to fakie before you even think about trying tantrum to blind or whirlys.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       05-15-2004, 1:12 AM Reply   
hey Joe how are you. Hope all is well. I enjoyed your video. Great job. Hopefully we will get to ride this summer at some point. Anyway just wanted to say hello. Take Care.

Isaac

Joe is right. Learn your 180's on all edges. Heelside, toeside, switch heelside, and switch toeside. It took me years to perfect these moves but I wanted to get that down before inverts because I wanted to be able to ride wake to wake doing 180's and be comfortable on my switch edge which is valuable when you take your riding to the next level in terms of technical moves. Once you have all edges down you can try more technical moves and land on any edge and be comfortable. I know it is not as easy as it sounds. I am not as good as I would like to be and definately not as good as I should be given the amount of time I have been riding but its all good. Its about having fun. Some days I want to push my riding to new levels and some days I just want to have fun without pushing myself. I have seen people who have been only riding for a year or two and can ride better and more technical than me. Its all good cause you do what you can. Every person can learn, adapt, and better there riding ability differently. Also injuries set you back both physically and mentally. Physically in that you may not be able to ride or push your limits until current or past injuries have healed. Mentally because injuries can cause a mental block. When you injure yourself badly it can make a person nervous, scared, and cautious about hurting themselves again because the pain, time it takes to heal, and effect on everyday life. I injured myself badly in a motorcycle accident and it took me years to push my limits again. I realize that we are fragile creatures and it doesn't take much to permantly injure us. Therefore I just wanted to have fun and be able to go home at the end of the day without a trip to the hospital. Eventually I slowly began to push my limits to better my riding. Oh well thats the way it goes. Take care.

(Message edited by zride on May 15, 2004)

(Message edited by zride on May 15, 2004)
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-15-2004, 7:15 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, hopefully It wont rain this weekend so I will have a chance to try some new stuff. I definately want to get some TS tricks (esp inverts) down so my lines will be consistent. Maybe I will try some TS front rolls and backrolls to see which is easier.

Thanks everyone