Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (wake_rat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-14-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
I have been using open toe bindings for the last 4 years and wanted to get opinions on which is better, closed or open toe. Pros and Cons would be great. Thanks
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-14-2008, 10:54 AM Reply   
It's all about preference. CT gives you an all over secure feel and keeps your footsies warm. OT is classic design and every bit as functional. I switched to CT this year and like the overall feel and look of it.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-14-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
Going to stick with OT. May just be me, but I have not noticed any difference between OT & CT as far as fit, comfort, or performance. I like the OT because it does not try to look like a snowboard binding, it is unique to wakeboarding.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-14-2008, 11:17 AM Reply   
the CT definately keeps the feet warm, but for some reason I can never get CT as tight as a OT binding. I was riding every binding in the Ronix line last year and ended up liking the Divide the best. Go figure...
Old     (wake_rat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-14-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
Do you come out of the closed toe bindings the same as open toe? I think its good to come out on hard falls. Its going to be pretty cold when we start up here, its snowing today. Maybe three weeks or so.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-14-2008, 11:30 AM Reply   
when are those dang open toe '08 zeus coming out?
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-14-2008, 12:05 PM Reply   
i like open toed binding just bc when i cut on my toe side i can tell ifi have a cut if the water is hitting by back foot or the driver is going to slow.... im wierd i guess.lol
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-14-2008, 12:45 PM Reply   
OT Zeus are looking at probably late March early April. Should be sick, the new C-Dubs are pretty comfy.
Old     (raftisland)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-14-2008, 4:06 PM Reply   
dan- i used to ride ot and i would fall out often. now i ride ct and i have never fallen out, and ive been riding them for 2 years.
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-14-2008, 4:45 PM Reply   
Warm, don't slide thru the front, easy entry and comfortable, never fell out..I have the CT Watson