Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       08-20-2013, 11:11 PM Reply   
Hey I know there are some legit garages out there! Closing escrow on a house Aug 29th and want to do up the epoxy floors before moving in. 3-car garage, standard depth (approx. 21 feet).

I have been doing tons of Google image searching, epoxy floor product manufacturer websites, etc. but the problem is I am not getting enough of descriptions (flake size, base coat, application of flake light, medium, heavy) to be able to say "Okay, don't like 1/4" flakes, do like x-type of density of flakes", etc. Also a lot of times the resolution of images online is crap so it's hard to tell.

I am definitely not into the tan/brown color, so I am leaning toward a "tuxedo" type of color flake and a medium grey base coat.

I have seen some floors with sparse flake and I don't like that. I think most people do 1/4" flake and a light/medium spread. Looks pretty good, but I am wondering what bigger flakes and slightly more density looks like.

Regarding the attachments:

The up close square: Deifnitely do not like this. I think it's 1) the density and 2) the spread. Are those 1/4" flakes?

Corvette: Like the color scheme. Are those 1/4" flakes? I wonder what it looks like with bigger flakes and/or more density of spread.

Mustangs: Wrong color, but it looks like bigger flakes (?) Can't figure out what's doing it, but I like the pattern I guess.

2 pics with cabinets: Good color combos, but again question about the size of flake (1/4") and how it would look with bigger flakes and/or more density.

Thanks,
Danny
Attached Images