Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snyderaaron)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-31-2017, 8:29 PM Reply   
Whats everyones thoughts about it? I used to ride a ronix ibex before it snapped. Now riding a Hyerplite Marek, but think I would like to get back to a 3 stage rocker?
Old     (Bagar55)      Join Date: Aug 2013 Location: Mineral, Va       09-01-2017, 8:20 AM Reply   
I always rode liquid force boards and bindings but switched to a '16 One timebomb with Parks bindings this year. I love both the board and bindings. The board was way to locked in with the 1.0 fins. Switched to the .08 fins after first set and have loved board ever since. I wouldn't say it's a fast board that glides forever but it doesn't drag and tire me out really quick either. It is not super loose with the .08 fins but loose and playful enough to slide around and have fun. Put it on edge and it locks in and digs as much as you want to lay into it. I love the pop off the wake. It has been super consistent and the more my riding progresss it just keeps getting better. It's a solid top of the line boat board. My only complaint is that it lands pretty hard out in the flats. Big flat spot in the middle of board will definitely buckle your knees landing out in the flats I pretty much stick to w2w style riding as I'm getting older so it's not a big deal. I'm still not sure if my Watson Hybrid or One is my favorite.
Old     (DCross)      Join Date: Jul 2016       09-01-2017, 12:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagar55 View Post
I always rode liquid force boards and bindings but switched to a '16 One timebomb with Parks bindings this year. I love both the board and bindings. The board was way to locked in with the 1.0 fins. Switched to the .08 fins after first set and have loved board ever since. I wouldn't say it's a fast board that glides forever but it doesn't drag and tire me out really quick either. It is not super loose with the .08 fins but loose and playful enough to slide around and have fun. Put it on edge and it locks in and digs as much as you want to lay into it. I love the pop off the wake. It has been super consistent and the more my riding progresss it just keeps getting better. It's a solid top of the line boat board. My only complaint is that it lands pretty hard out in the flats. Big flat spot in the middle of board will definitely buckle your knees landing out in the flats I pretty much stick to w2w style riding as I'm getting older so it's not a big deal. I'm still not sure if my Watson Hybrid or One is my favorite.
Agree, I've rode it for the last couple of years. Got the 17 model this spring and broke it twice so I ended up swapping to the Hyperlite Kruz mid-summer. The Timebomb is a sweet board, but definitely go big (one size up) because they do land super hard. And, I'd be sure you buy with a warranty in case it snaps on you.
Old     (cboom12)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-01-2017, 9:21 PM Reply   
I'm riding the one timebomb as well and my experience is same as above, great pop but lands so hard. We love everything about the setup but that.
Old     (Cyberwarm)      Join Date: Sep 2015       09-06-2017, 4:11 AM Reply   
Hard landing is pure stereotype. I thought the same and never considered this board. I have arthritis and soft landings are very important to me. I tried tons of boards and used Slingshot Response and then Pill for many years. This year I tried Timebomb 2017. It was like some kind of magic. I could not imagine that landings can be that soft. I actually was so impressed that decided to buy few boards because they change shape and materials each year.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-18-2017, 3:32 PM Reply   
When you guys edge into the wake heelside do you lean back on the line to create tension or do you stand tall and use your heels? thanks