Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       06-23-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   

This kid is already lookin like a pro and he hasn't even hit puberty yet.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-23-2010, 12:32 PM Reply   
So rad... camera was dope as well.
Old    Chaserwaser            06-23-2010, 12:40 PM Reply   
Lol I love all these wakeboards just pop out of no where with like mad skills " yea ive been wakeboarding for 6 months " hahah :-p dude I have been doing it for like 10 years now and I dont have near as much skill... maybe its time to fricken push myself
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-23-2010, 12:52 PM Reply   
I quit
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-23-2010, 1:06 PM Reply   
they gotta get that kid behind the boat!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-23-2010, 2:00 PM Reply   
I wish he would come to OWC and show the local kids how they ought to be riding. OWC doesn't even have air tricks in the tournaments. Apparently it's because hardly any of the locals throw them and I guess they don't want them to all lose. It's been that way for years.
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-23-2010, 2:22 PM Reply   
Nice stuff. Very nice.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-23-2010, 6:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaserwaser View Post
Lol I love all these wakeboards just pop out of no where with like mad skills " yea ive been wakeboarding for 6 months " hahah :-p dude I have been doing it for like 10 years now and I dont have near as much skill... maybe its time to fricken push myself
Chase this kids been eating, sleeping and breathing wakeboarding and wakeskating for about 4 years now. He prob the most talented kid Ive ever seen strap on a board but he puts the work in to get those tricks. He's flying in today to my home cable to compete in our regional cable tour and Im not looking forward to competing with this kid! He kinda rides like Nick Davies in that you rarely will see him fall now.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-23-2010, 8:43 PM Reply   
He also is amazing on a wakeskate but i say throw the wakeskate in the fire and let this kid just wakeboard and wakeboard only. All the wakeskate is doing is asking for an injury. I've never seen someone do an smobe so effortlessly
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       06-23-2010, 10:14 PM Reply   
how is wakeskating asking for injury and wakeboarding not? I wakeskate to rehab my knee because the falls are WAAAY less harsh. I may be weird though :-D
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-23-2010, 10:40 PM Reply   
I don't know what anything is called for cable... and really, don't know what many tricks are called behind the boat, so this may seem like a silly question to all you experts... but what trick is that kid throwing at 00:28 in the vid.
SO sick stylish... awesome, awesome riding.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-24-2010, 1:34 AM Reply   
For easier viewing

from tuti on Vimeo.

Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       06-24-2010, 4:07 AM Reply   
thats crazy......
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-24-2010, 11:14 AM Reply   
Rich, it is basically just a tweaked out tail glide except he actually not quite on the tail so if we were to get technical you could call it a tindy (tail/indy) glide but in reality its just his version of a tail glide. What's cool about it is that it is basically a reverse oriental and if you were left foot forward and wanted to rib every abdominal muscle you have, you could tweak your oriental that much. Now if you are saying, what is an oriental? If you look at the picture and imagine he is left foot forward and hit a kicker on the opposite side and did this glide, it would be this grab except generally done more on axis like a hoochie glide. Now if you were to take an oriental and make it more into an off axis 180, this would be your outcome. I am making this sound much easier than it actually is lol. To get a grab on an oriental is a feat in itself and then to tweak it like this would be even crazier, and like I said, not very comfortable on your abs, shoulder and biceps. lol
Attached Images

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-24-2010, 11:38 AM Reply   
Wow!
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-24-2010, 2:46 PM Reply   
Thanks for the explanation Kyle! Crazy... my muscles and tendons hurt just thinking about it.