Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-22-2007, 11:31 PM Reply   
Just got back from new melones this weekend. Here is my evaluation.
1. Bring shade and lots of it.
2. The wind can pick up later in the afternoon so make sure you have spikes.
3. The showers and bathrooms are nice and clean
4. Doesn't matter what camp site you have because the water level is sooo low you wont be able to leave your boat in the water or get to it. The lake is 70feet down.
5. The water is glass up until about 12 then you can still find glass very easily. Plant down wherever there is glass and ride.
6. definately go to natural bridges and swim through the cavern it is FUN. water is cold though.
Here are some pics from my trip
Upload
Upload
Sorry about the pics of my white a$$friends hahaha
I will post more pics later
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-23-2007, 12:25 AM Reply   
more pics

Upload
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-23-2007, 12:27 AM Reply   
this is my first time riding switch for longer than 10 seconds :-) Upload
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-23-2007, 10:04 PM Reply   
anyone else have some views on new melones
Old     (sam8)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-24-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
thanks for the pics.
We were supposed to go down there last month for a wedding reception weekend on a houseboat with friends, but the deal (the whole deal) got cancelled.
It s about 2.5 hours south of us, I've only seen it from the window of a Southwest 737 enroute to SoCal, but we are going to give it a try at some point.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-24-2007, 2:37 PM Reply   
it is worth checking out, I was wondering if anyone has taken there boat to natural bridges through the waterway. The ranger said we could but another said we couldn't. I was assuming we couldnt because the water level was so low so I didnt try but I think I am going to do a little more exploring next time i go there.
Old     (wakeboarderdown)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2007, 10:41 PM Reply   
We go out there all the time. The water level is really low compared to last year but we end up hanging out in the channels.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-24-2007, 10:53 PM Reply   
hey Ben do you know if the channel to natural bridges is accesible because I went down that way and not too far in it started to look kind of narrow? been there this year?
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-25-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
Good morning water, in the SPOTS. always a good time

Upload
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-30-2007, 6:42 AM Reply   
Rick,
Where the hell is that cave? We went up there yesterday and drove around and could not find it. I assumed it was up the main river. I drove until I saw the third bridge but no luck. Help a brotha out.
Cory
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-30-2007, 8:11 AM Reply   
cory we had to drive there on the road. I think the water level is too low to get there by boat right now. we left the boat on the trailer and unhitched and drove about15 minutes to get there.