Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-04-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
Ok, just a quick question, has any of you guys ridden like the day after you get your wisdom teeth out? I get mine out tomorrow morning and the next day we are goin up to my lake house and was wondering if any of you thought it would be ok to ride. Thanks
Old     (jpshaff01)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-04-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
Depends on how bad it is getting them out. Some of my friends looked like chipmunks after they got theirs taken out. Mine came out easy and a plastic surgeon did it so i was out drinking the same night.
Old    walt            06-04-2007, 8:23 PM Reply   
I think I could of rode the day after but there might be a chance of damaging your stitches if you fell.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-04-2007, 9:28 PM Reply   
I had a high school basketball game the day after I had mine out. I played and had no problems. I had all four taken out at one time also. You will be fine.
Old     (kslakebum)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-05-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
I was out for 2 weeks, but I also had a lot of problems with mine. Good luck
Old     (technarider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-05-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
i did not have any problems with mine.. but i was unable to eat for 1 1/2 weeks .. i was swollen up like a chipmunk.. had a friend that drove to LA a few hours after his... it depends on the person.. best advice i would say is to wait and see...
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       06-05-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
Wait and see. I had mine out and felt fine so I drove an hour to pick up a tent and got super sick on the way.

I would take it easy. If you have a lake hose you can always go back there and lay down if you dont feel well.
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-05-2007, 9:57 AM Reply   
If your very active you can get a thing called dry socket(s). Not sure what it is exactly but it's supposed to hurt like no other.
Old     (wakedude83)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-05-2007, 10:52 AM Reply   
Tyler is right on. I got mine out and had to shovel snow the next day. Too much blood flow made the blood clots break apart and I got dry sockets. It was one of the most painful things in my whole life. The dentist had to go back in and PRY my mouth open and shove cloth in the holes. It was a complete nightmare and you WILL regret riding. Getting the chills just thinking about it....
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-05-2007, 12:58 PM Reply   
be careful, personally, I wouldn't risk it as dry sockets are a bitch. If u faceplant once, I can almost guarantee you'll end up with at least 1 dry socket.
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-05-2007, 1:11 PM Reply   
ok well thanks guys, i think ill play it safe and sit out this next ride.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-05-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
i swelled up like a chipmunk :-)

i had all taken out, but also those vampire teethe (the ones that are a little more yellow naturally for most people on your top teethe when you smile)
i had my adult teethe coming in over those so they had to take out all 4 and then pull out my baby teethe and place my other teethe....
happy you're playing safe but thank God i got that done and have a great smile now... how'd it go?
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-05-2007, 2:38 PM Reply   
it actually went really well, i had all four removed and as long as ive got my vicodyn i'm just great haha