Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-27-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
i had to laugh. i'm just about done my ballast system for my boat and dry fit the pro x sacs and put the fittings in and noticed how small they were. i've spent all this time putting 2" hose in from through hull to tsunami pumps and to sacs to create some awesome flow to fill the sacs up quickly. now i've got these super small fittings, is this going to effect the flow and filling of the sacs?? i might just go find something bigger to put in there? what's your thoughs and experiences/? thanx ryan
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       05-27-2007, 8:19 PM Reply   
the opening in the sac is the limitation. It's a 1" opening I think, so anything bigger than 1" ID tubing or fittings is not going to do much good. If you are using the 3/4" ID fittings, you should go up to the 1" fittings.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-27-2007, 8:49 PM Reply   
Personally I hate the fittings. It is a quick (somewhat) connection, but can't really say it's better than the waterbed fittings. I about ready to do the ballast thing and really am thinking of getting different bags. The bags are hard to get to drain.
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-27-2007, 8:58 PM Reply   
also, i got thinking about it, and this ballast system i've got is somewhat permanent, so why do i need quick connect fittings? I've seen some fittings that go from 1" to 1 1/4". I know the hole in the bag is limiting, but if everything is bigger then the flow is going to be that much better. I might have a bunch of fittings for sale.lol prob send them back
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-28-2007, 1:49 AM Reply   
I have the fly high sacs and opted not to use their fittings. My configuration is not guaranteed to not leak but I have never had a problem. I was replacing hard tanks and used the 1" npt fittings that came out of my tanks. For the outlet My aerator pump is screwed directly into the sac. I have never had a leak and it always fills and drains with the flip of a switch. Here are a couple pics.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-28-2007, 1:52 AM Reply   
Here is the Mayfair cartridge pump connection to the fatsac.Upload
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-28-2007, 4:23 PM Reply   
that's exactly what i did today george. went and bought fittins like yours, I think it will be a little more problem free personally. I'll post some pics when i it done.