Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old    socalgrl79            07-01-2005, 10:41 AM Reply   
Wow.. this thread is still going.

Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-01-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
....and still no pics.

Alright, I'm starting to feel like a dirty old man. I'll stop asking if anyone has any pics...
..unless someone does.
anyone?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-01-2005, 10:47 AM Reply   
WOW...and you still have Blake's pic in your profile!

Old    socalgrl79            07-01-2005, 11:11 AM Reply   
SoCalrider,

I have pics.. I've posted them in other threads.

Big Ed,

Yes I do, and it's staying there!

-Amy
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-01-2005, 11:20 AM Reply   
does anyone else have a hard time finding a news stand that sells Wakeboarding Magazine? that damn thing is impossible to find around here....Barnes and Noble is hit or miss with it...seems like some months they will carry it and other months they don't...anyway, I'll try to find a copy of it somewhere this weekend to read Dallas' interview to see what the hype is all about.
Old    waterdog2            07-01-2005, 11:22 AM Reply   
Implants are dual porpose. When your young, they look good. When you get old, you can take off your bra and it streightens out the wrinkels in your face.
Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-01-2005, 11:55 AM Reply   
Oh Melissa, I never claimed that I don't look at myself and wish a few things were different. However, I prefer to focus on the other many gifts God has given me. What are you worried about exactly, do you have a tail we can't see behind that surfboard or something? From what I can see, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

As root pointed out, you continue to compare apples to oranges. Corrective treatments (cosmetic or otherwise) and elective cosmetic surgery are 2 completely different things. I am not insensitive to the cruelty of others (particularly kids), but a little self-respect goes a long way. Family, close friends, and someone who loves you for who you are, not what you look like are all people really need. The media has programmed us all to be extremely selfish. Work harder, buy more, live less. Those are the messages "society" has for us. (In my best cheesy infomercial voice) For just $2995 per breast, you too can look just like Pamela Lee!.

I could keep on and on, but I think I will step down from my soapbox now.

Jb
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-01-2005, 12:25 PM Reply   
Speaking of Pamela Anderson, I think she is on her fourth boob job (medium, large, medium, huge).
She has made a career from her breasts. And, now she is on a sitcom based on her "circus" boobs.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-01-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
"I feel Frankie's point of view is idealistic and not realistic"

Idealistic and realistic are terms that don't make sense to me when used in this context. Realistically, everyone is going to have an opinion. It's idealistic to for all opinions to match my own.

To say that cosmetic surgery poses some serious health problems is 100% realistic.

To say that breast augmentation is done because a lack of self-esteem is 100% realistic.

It's a personal call to decide wheather impoved self-esteem is worth the potential risk associated with surgery.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-01-2005, 1:38 PM Reply   
There aren't health risks associated with braces? My brother's jaw is completely screwed up because of braces.

Thanks Melissa, I think you have a unique perspective on how someone who really know's they're disfigured feels. My face was so digusting in Poland that there were people staring all the time and I would hear kids comment about it. I think people should be careful about casting the first stone when they've never experienced something like that.

I will admit though that my surgery was because of self-esteem issues.

Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-01-2005, 2:07 PM Reply   
This does not apply towards Dallas (a hot young lady) with/without "accessories"...
But, we are living breathing loving creatures who have a bias towards beauty.

If someone has a wart on their nose, its not a self esteem problem, its a wart problem.
So, I still say that general dispersions toward cosmetic procedures are out of line.

Some cosmetic surgery removes real pain in the real world.
Some cosmetic surgery simply adds real pleasure in the real world.
And, some cosmetic surgery is a waste and a symptom of self esteem issues.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-01-2005, 2:21 PM Reply   
"tara.
while i respect your opinion as well, i cannot and will not accept anyone who values being beautiful above being alive or being healthy. listen to that statement again... "value being beautiful above being alive or being healthy."

so frankie is saying that if we could guarantee that the process would not endanger your health, it would be fine to undergo it?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-01-2005, 2:27 PM Reply   
If someone wants to correct a cosmetic problem that is noticable by others then I wouldn't call it a self-esteem issue. GD's wart comment is a good example. I recall a woman that worked in a local store that had a wart that you couldn't help but have your eyes drawn to. If she decided to get it removed I wouldn't think for an instant that she lacked self-esteem.

There are ample studies that show that beautiful people have the skids greased a bit in the workspace. So the desire to improve one's looks could stem from ambition as a calculated means to an end, and not simply low self-esteem.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-01-2005, 2:34 PM Reply   
Chris, there are no guarantees in life. You evaluate the risks and tradeoffs. How many people here value wakeboarding over life and health? Or motorcycle riding? Or even driving to work? All of these things can kill you or negatively impact your health. All of us take risks and no one has the right to proclaim you are a fool or psychologically deficient for doing so.
Old     (gypsy12)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-01-2005, 3:18 PM Reply   
Great point John! Why didn't I think of that?
Maybe it's sounding extreme, but it totally makes sense then to say that we value driving and flying on airplanes more than we value our lives if we choose to do them. Look at the statistics on how many people are killed in car accidents, yet we still choose to get on the roads every day.
So many cosmetic procedures these days have such minimal risk factors. For example, since physicians have started using the "tumescent" technique in liposuction, there has not been ONE report of serious adverse effects. Also, the patient doesn't even undergo anesthesia for this procedure most of the time. Knowing these things and deciding to go for it is definitely not a case of valuing one's appearance more than his or her life. It's an enhancement to one's life!
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       07-01-2005, 4:55 PM Reply   
Wow. Perhaps it’s time for a new title on the Dallas Thread?

Funny how some threads keep going and going and going….

Yes Hahn… I got a chance to read the article last night too. To address the initial point of the thread… it could be cattiness, jealousy, or just spin from the mag. If she is crushing her competition it’s probably a combination of three.

I don’t really follow the pro wakeboard scene for the men or women… so I can’t comment on her role for the progression of the sport…. But for me and most of my friends that do wakeboard…. It’s safe to say that we don’t look at these kids as roll models. (call me old if you must) Wakeboarding is about having fun on the water with friends and family. If it was about progression… I’m not doing so well.

She’s young… cut her a bit of slack if she sounds like she whines or has a bit of an attitude. We all did at that age… go to the other WB site if you can’t remember that far back.

Now to the boobies… nice pic Cliff…. Are those CGA approved??
Amy, Stop holding out on the pics… people are waiting.

Frankie, (just some friendly feedback… not bashing) although well written… I have to agree that you previous posts do come across as a bit idealistic. It’s not that cut and dry…. Not all cosmetic procedures have some underlying psychological root. And not all procedures result in cancer and death.

Easy now… cancer, car crash, boating accident…. What ever the cause… We all die one day… It’s a big jump to generalize all cosmetic surgery leading to death. If you have that much energy and awareness about cancer…. My first recommendation would be to get Joe to stop smoking… then focus on your career in the medical field and make a difference there. (oh yeah… and like Joe said… this is WW after all… ease on the vocab ) And for the record… not sure why Joe would have any issue with your nose.

Time to go… can’t be late for my superficial tanning cancer bed appointment…. Or my self esteem might get even worse…
Old    socalgrl79            07-01-2005, 5:04 PM Reply   
Jeff,

Haha! My pictures are plastered all OVER this board.. you just have to be resourceful!

-Amy
Old    stormrider            07-01-2005, 6:10 PM Reply   
I note that nobody has presented evidence that refutes Frankie's statements as to the consequences of the surgery.

I don't read her posts as saying "have the surgery and it's 100% you'll die from its complications." She's saying, have the surgery and here's what your chances become.

It's hard to "prove" but I'd bet Frankie is also correct on what drives most or almost all (not all) women to undertake those risks. As Dylan said, "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-01-2005, 6:52 PM Reply   
So I just scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the page...ignoring Frankie's Posts, b/c my IQ isn't that high, and i get to the bottom and what do I see?!?!?!?!?!?!! NO PICTURES! Damn, I was hoping to get another angle on them...I've only got one pic of the new goodies...
Old     (gbgonzal138)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-01-2005, 7:14 PM Reply   
If getting surgery makes somebody feel better, or more confident about themselves then whynot have it. It's a personal choice, and a big decission, but I dont see why its a bad thing to make yourself feel better by having surgery. Yes it's what god gave us in the first place, but if you will feel more secure and better about yourself then it's the better thing to do.
Old    foamy            07-01-2005, 7:25 PM Reply   
let her get her boobs done how ever she wants its not your choice
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-01-2005, 9:39 PM Reply   
On a different note, I was just pleased to see her grab the board in a couple of shots. I'd almost have to say she is showing a bit if good style on that cover shot!
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       07-02-2005, 2:11 PM Reply   
quite frankly frankie, I think your posts in this thread are great.

Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       07-02-2005, 6:20 PM Reply   
I don't know how this thread went from talking about dallas to bashing women who choose to have their boobs done, but it did. And Frankie do you think by your post you are going to change a girls opinion? First of all your facts are not accurate. 1. If 75% of women had to have their breasts redone after 2 years than 9/12 girls i know with implants would have had to of gone through this so called procedure. 2. BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS? What????? Yes they do happen, but not normally! You have a blood transfusion on very rare occasions from breast augmentation. 3. The fact that you are saying that having a foreign object so close to the heart would be a bad thing, yea foreign objects aren't great but what about pacemakers... That's very close to the heart. 4. MRI's? I've talked to many doctors and i have researched this and i have been assured that Mammograms will detect cancer. Ok my point. Yes, every surgery has it's risk. But you are making it sound like having your boobs done is just the worst thing ever! I plan on having mine done, and the reasons for that sure theyre superficial whatever. I have worked my a$$ off to have a good body, by the time i have my surgery (february) my body will be in the exact shape that i want it. But from gaining and losing weight my breasts have taken their toll. I just have worked so hard for my body, i do want it to be perfect. I do not have a low self esteem by no means, i just would like to have nicer breasts. That's all! Ok i'm superficial hate me! I just don't understand who the hell you are to judge people who decide to have them? There will always be arguments on this topic, but just leave it to the woman who is actually having its decision! Please! Can we please move on now with the dallas friday discussion jeez!
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-02-2005, 7:20 PM Reply   
Dammit itch, I already have that pic!...I wanna see some others.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-02-2005, 10:09 PM Reply   
Nikki ~ I think you should wait till you are older.No matter how small your breasts are at this point in time they are still developing.IMO

My grandma always said,girls that want bigger boobies and are still young should not wear anything tight to constrict and should sunbath them.She says it makes them grow.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-03-2005, 8:53 AM Reply   

Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-03-2005, 9:14 AM Reply   
Nikki,
Do you need a ride to your Appt?

Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       07-03-2005, 9:44 AM Reply   
Big ed- That's hilarious! I need to meet your grandmother! Honestly i don't think my boobs are growing anymore theyve been this way for quite some time, but i will see. I haven't made any 100% decisions yet i just know i have my consult in november. But i know a lot of women who have had it, and are completely happy with their decisions.
E Double U: Lol, you're joking right?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-03-2005, 10:25 AM Reply   
I think you are gonna be happy with your decisions either way b\c it is all about you but with yourself not being even out of your teens....you might be pleasently surprized,remember no constricting clothes and let the sun see them. it is a true story...not making it up,I swear.
Old    socalgrl79            07-03-2005, 10:38 AM Reply   
Nikki,

If you don't mind me asking.. how old are you?

-Amy
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-03-2005, 10:41 AM Reply   
I'm going by her profile.....I don't know Nikki personally tho she seems like a kewl girl.
Old    socalgrl79            07-03-2005, 10:56 AM Reply   
Hi Big Ed!

I am hungover this morning and ready to jump out the window if my head doesn't stop pounding. How are you?

-Amy
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       07-03-2005, 11:21 AM Reply   
Amy, i'm 19... Please no bashing here i totally don't need it lol. I was just trying to make a point that this guy is going by some info that is very outdated, and isn't completely true. And that not all women who want implants are self absorbed, materialistic and have a low self esteem.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-03-2005, 11:28 AM Reply   
Hey Amy,

didn't have any plans for the 4th...I thought I was moving.. so now I'm bored and I guess feeling better then you.but at least you had fun last night.

Nikki ~ Amen to that one!

(Message edited by big_ed_x2 on July 03, 2005)
Old    socalgrl79            07-03-2005, 2:39 PM Reply   
Nikki,

I'm not going to bash you at all.. a very good friend of mine has implants and she's a lovely person. I'll never think less of her for that or any other cosmetic surgery she or anyone else would get. I was just curious.. because at your age you are probably still growing and you might want to wait a little bit. To each their own, good luck if you decide to get them.

Big Ed,

I'm feeling okay now.. all it took was four extra strength Exedrine and Red Bull! Thanks to AntBug for sending them to me!

-Amy
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-03-2005, 6:12 PM Reply   
All I can say is my wifes friend got implants she had an affair soon after. Another firend got implants she also had an affair. A friend of mines wife got implants she had an affair. and on and on it goes he he he
Old    socalgrl79            07-03-2005, 7:12 PM Reply   
Wow, implants are to blame for infidelity too!

Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-03-2005, 7:23 PM Reply   
poser007 - I have a theory on that... but first, do you happen to know if the Husbands paid for those boob jobs?
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-03-2005, 7:29 PM Reply   
Daniel ,.
Were you on the receiving end of any of those affair's?
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       07-03-2005, 9:54 PM Reply   
hahahhahahha thats hilarious, see i don't really have time to date at the moment... So no affairs!

Oh and amy thanks, i was hoping you wouldn't bash me! I am going to research this a bit more, i have done quite a bit of researching/talking but it never crossed my mind that my boobs would grow anymore. I don't think they will but i am going to go talk to a doc about it.

(Message edited by nikki on July 03, 2005)
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-03-2005, 11:10 PM Reply   
E dub, I'm really enjoying your posts lately.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-04-2005, 1:41 AM Reply   
Ummmm E Double yup I was when my wife got hers done the sex went thru the roof then out into outer space but I guess I wasnt there to witness that part lol Just saying they seem to make women feel very good about themselves which in turn may not be the best thing. Dont gfet me wrong I love them but I wonder it the have statistics on the divorce rate of women who have fakies?
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-04-2005, 1:46 AM Reply   
lol. so women who get implants get more confidence and leave losers like you? i don't see the problem...
Old    socalgrl79            07-04-2005, 8:55 AM Reply   
Nikki,

That could just be a lie that I was told when I was 18 with small boobs! Wait.. now I'm 26 and I still have small boobs! Damn it!

Daniel,

Did you just say it's a bad thing for a woman to feel good about herself?

-Amy
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-04-2005, 9:00 AM Reply   
Amy ~ everybody is different.Just b\c you belong on a itty bitty ****y committee doesn't mean she still won't grow hers out some more.

Nikki ~ Whether or not they are gonna grow another 2 cups or not....your body is still changing even tho it is maybe not noticable.

Small boobies are still very attractive as long as they don't look like dried up prunes.
Old    socalgrl79            07-04-2005, 9:09 AM Reply   
Big Ed,

HEY! I'm not that small! I'm definitely not "itty bitty"!

-Amy
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-04-2005, 9:11 AM Reply   
Sorry...I was just going by what you said but if you e-mail me a pic of you and your breasts I can give you a more professional opinion.
Old    socalgrl79            07-04-2005, 9:22 AM Reply   
Big Ed,

Hahahaha, yeah I'll totally get right on that! I'm not that small and I really don't need implants.. until I hang out with all my friends with huge boobs!

-Amy
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-04-2005, 9:23 AM Reply   
Did you need my profesional opinion?
Old    socalgrl79            07-04-2005, 9:26 AM Reply   
Big Ed,

I'm all set for now, I'll let you know if that changes.

-Amy
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       07-04-2005, 9:34 AM Reply   
Dried up prunes! Thats great!
Wait.. Aren't prunes already dried up?

(Message edited by nikki on July 04, 2005)
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-04-2005, 11:13 AM Reply   
Sweet,Let me know.

If prunes are dried up,what are they called in a fresh form?

Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-04-2005, 12:56 PM Reply   
Plums?
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       07-04-2005, 2:44 PM Reply   
Thats what i thought! I was like aren't prunes just dried up plums? lol
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-04-2005, 3:20 PM Reply   
Plums and prunes are they the same thing?

If I made a mistake...my bad,I meant dried up plums or prunes.
Old    socalgrl79            07-04-2005, 3:47 PM Reply   
I'm wouldn't say I'm a plum.. maybe more an orange.

-Amy
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       07-04-2005, 4:11 PM Reply   
I would hope that there aren't plums out there. That would be so sad! I'm definitely no plum! Wow we've taken this thread a long way from a dallas friday interview!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-04-2005, 4:21 PM Reply   
If you check,just the title,nothing else is about the interview.

Oranges!!!

What are you complaining about,as long as there not dried up oranges you should be cool.Tho oranges come in alot of different sizes dry or not!
Old    socalgrl79            07-04-2005, 5:11 PM Reply   
Big Ed,

Definitely not dried up! Good medium sized oranges, I'd say.

-Amy
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-04-2005, 5:49 PM Reply   
This s*%t's bananas.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-04-2005, 6:44 PM Reply   
My .02 on the cosmetic issue....Yeah I know several days later....
Anyhow I disagree with my Lil Sis- Frankie about Breast Augmentation and I do believe she is leaving something out about it's implications with Cancer.
The only problems I have seen involved implants with Silicone. I have yet to come across problems that have involved Saline implants.....but only having done this profession for 12yrs, there still is lot out there to be seen. I haven't been keeping up on the latest articles, but I have yet to read an article the has profound findings that state Silicone has cause all the autoimmune issues that some of these women are having. If you have one, please forward me a copy.
Second- I myself have Saline implants for the past 4 yrs. Why did I do it?? Because I was tired of not being able to find nice clothing to wear and I have broad shoulders.
Did I have an understanding/implication what "could" happen- Of Course. But it brought me to a B/C-Cup.
Would I do it again- probably not, since it's been nothing but a pain in my arse from the muscle tightness it causes to my neck and back when I work out,paddle when surfing, play softball or wakeboard.
Do I regret it - Not at all.
Having read the article and seen the pics I think she should have waited, the implants at her age are not doing her any justice....
I'm also 2x's + older than Dallas as well.
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       07-04-2005, 7:34 PM Reply   
Phantom, this doesn't have anything to do with what you just said but in your profile it said someone poisoned "maddi" was this the dog that was in your profile?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-04-2005, 7:47 PM Reply   
Amy ~ I think you're in need of a professional opinion.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-04-2005, 7:49 PM Reply   
Nicole- Yes it is. Those pics were taken when she was @ 2-3mos old. It happened last year, she would have been 10 this year.
Old     (frankie_f)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-04-2005, 7:54 PM Reply   
Nicole.
Not to make you sound ignorant, but a surgery to implant a pacemaker in one’s body is a “life-saving” & necessary surgery. If the surgery works, the patient lives; If the patient doesn’t have the surgery, he/she will die; If the patient dies to any complication of surgery – and death was the course if no surgery was performed – then the complication outcome is equal to the ultimate no-course-of-action outcome. In other words, the pros grossly out way the cons or “if we don’t’ do this, you will die.” A pacemaker close to the heart (actually it is located on the heart in place of the SA node) is exactly where it is supposed to be to keep the body alive as its function is to generate the electrical impulses that “pump” the heart. If your heart doesn’t pump – be it on its own or via an alternate source – you’re not gonna get very far in life, in layman’s terms.

I am not going to make a contrast connection between this and elective breast aug. surg, in order to save you from being insulted completely.

In regards to mammograms vs. MRIs, medical research, and me having out-of-date data (not to mention the elusion of me not knowing what I’m taking about) …
I do medical research for two gynecologic oncologists (female cancer doctors). I speak with actual patients who have been diagnosed with cancer to collect data in order to test our hypotheses; with the results, it is our job to educate the public and doctors on the “newest” findings. Yes, mammograms do detect cancer successfully and sufficiently in women who do not have implants; the do detect cancer in women who have implants, but not as successfully or sufficiently as MRIs. In fact, the incidence of “missed cancer” in women with breast implants via mammogram tech has increased to such a significant level, that it is now advised that MRI tech be used to screen women with implants. This research that you have conducted was published by people in my profession. My data is NOT out-of-date… in fact, I have data that hasn’t even been published.

In college you will, more than likely, take a stats class where in which you will learn that although 75% = 3:4 (or 9:12), if you only survey 4 people, you will not have the #s to accurately & randomly satisfy the basic principles of statistical analyses. Furthermore, many women don’t know that they have any complications, as it cannot be diagnosed by looking at yourself or, sometimes, even by palpitations. The statistics were taken from a study comprised of women who had implants (and yes, they enrolled more than 4 women – and 4 controls). If you’d like similar literature visit http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?DB=pubmed and do a search for breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and/or breast aug. surg; it’s an excellent site – one that doctors and researches visit daily, as do i.

My sincerest congratulations on working hard for your goals; that is the only way you can own the outcome; there are few greater journeys that give us the wisdom and strength than those – the greatest of which is the journey we spend our lives living, trying to find happiness in ourselves and our own acceptance.

Et al.
Braces = corrective
Lasik = corrective
Deformities (congenital or aquired) that are corrected by surgery = corrective

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-04-2005, 8:03 PM Reply   
stupid question but why can't breast implants be concidered corrective???

I mean you are correcting a part of your body!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-04-2005, 8:06 PM Reply   
ed, maybe she should put it in a way you'll understand, like;

a boob job is a (cosmetic) surgery to help someone look good,
lasik is (corrective) fixing someone's eyes so they can see boob jobs clearly.

(Message edited by dakid on July 04, 2005)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-04-2005, 8:10 PM Reply   

quote:

Second- I myself have Saline implants for the past 4 yrs. Why did I do it?? Because I was tired of not being able to find nice clothing to wear and I have broad shoulders.

those are the only reasons?

(Message edited by dakid on July 04, 2005)
Old    socalgrl79            07-04-2005, 8:49 PM Reply   
Big Ed,

I'll have Blake check it out and give me that professional opinion.

-Amy
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-04-2005, 10:09 PM Reply   
Joe, I work with two women who have had breast augmentation post mastectomy, chemo and radiation...what type of surgery is that considererd.....corrective or elective?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-04-2005, 10:21 PM Reply   
hmmm...it could be seen as both, i guess.

on one hand, it's not a life saving procedure, so it could be seen as a cosmetic or elective procedure.

on the other hand, it could be seen as corrective since you're replacing something that had to be removed to save that person's life.
Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-05-2005, 5:44 AM Reply   
Nikki, you defintely need to wait. When I met my wife 6 years ago, she had rather small breasts (a B cup). 6 years later, 15 lbs heavier and a 7 month old son and she has some very nice D cup boobies now. Have a little patience, as you mature into a fully bloomed woman your body will go through some additional changes.

Frankie, I am not sure why people continue to argue with you, I think they call that denial.

Jb
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-05-2005, 7:26 AM Reply   
Nikki...I second what Josh has said...my girlfriend of 2 yrs (who is 28) said that in high school and college, she weighed about 120lbs and had mid-A cups. I met her when she was 26 yrs old and she was down to 114lbs and had/still has mid-C cups. She said that was just the last thing to develop and they obviously came pretty late. So, just a thought that you might want to wait a while...but obviously waiting till you 25-26 might be too long to wait. What ever you do, do your homework and note the pros/cons. And lastly, if you do decide to do it, do it for yourself and yourself only.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-05-2005, 8:41 AM Reply   
Risk management is what the military calls it. Someone above posted this idea. People choose everyday what risks they are willing to take. Sounds like Joe may risk his lungs by smoking? He surely risks permanent damage to his body, knees especially, by wakeboarding. If Frankie rides she also risks her body. Ive read about people being seriously injured or even killed around boats. Person broke a femur and bled to death. Person got run over by a prop (husband driving) and she died. A friend just recently got run over by a boat, prop cut open his calf and it took doctors 3 layers of stitches to sew him up and he wound-up back in the hospital about a week later with infection complications. He also got stitches on his farhead(doc thought that was the prop too), lucky for him the prop didnt cut any deeper. I used to roadrace motorcycles and saw people all the time ride away in the ambulance. I now look back and wonder if i would have done it if i know what i know now. Id never give up what i got out of doing it though as you cant put a value on something like that. It was a very big risk, way more then boobs or most any other elective surgery. Just think people are out every day doing something very dangerous, racing...drag cars, dirt track/asphalt cars, dirt bikes, street bikes, alcohol drag boats, airplanes, etc. Hell just choosing where you live is a risk nowadays. I live in Fl with hurricanes, people in Ca live with quakes and recently wild fires/mudslides-why would you live on a mountainside anyway? Midwest tornadoes, up north-snow and ice, the list is endless and that isnt even taking into account the things like crime that may be more prevalent in some areas. Well you get robbed, should i ask why do you live in X place with all that crime? If a woman wants boobs why is it different then a guy risking his life on the weekend doing what he wants to do?
Thane im still with you... ill need to see the pics to make an accurate decision on the whole should have done or not have done decision
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-05-2005, 9:39 AM Reply   
Hmmm
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-05-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
Joe ~ Lasik is not a life saving procedure.And I know what you are trying to say,the point can be argued tho.

Amy ~ I'm sure he is looking forward to it,now are you guy EVER gonna meet?

(Message edited by big_ed_x2 on July 05, 2005)
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-05-2005, 11:42 AM Reply   
Yes Joe that's the reason why I did it. I did it for proportionality.
It that SOOOOOOOOOO difficult for you to accept?
Probably so since you KNOW everything about women
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-05-2005, 12:36 PM Reply   
i didn't mean to suggest that i know everything about women, but i'll take the high road on this one and shut up.

big ed, sure, it can be argued that lasik is life saving. what if you're driving and all of a sudden you can't see?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-05-2005, 12:43 PM Reply   
Then I guess you don't drive and there you go...not life saving!