Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    swampdonkey            07-13-2004, 10:27 AM Reply   
Thats right....both bindings ripped right off my brand new board (Ive been out, with out any issue, on it 2 days until I had this incident). Thankfully the threads in the board where not damaged at all, but I lost all my screws into the lake.
The screws that I was using were provided with my board and bindings from the dealer...but I put the package together myself....So I dont know if I did something wrong. I have a Hyperlite Motive board with Liquid force alpa bindings.
I am a really large guy....250lbs (I know Im better suited to be a linebacker than a wakeboarder)....so I dont know if its just pure force that ripped all the screws out. It was a hard fall....but not the hardest that Ive taken since getting the board.
I replaced the screw with a spare set we had in the boat...and salvaged the day without any other problems.
My reall worry is that this may keep happening and I will have to buy new screws ever few times I go out.
Have any of you ever used lock tight on your screws? I would do this but would be worried that I would regret it someday if I wanted to change my stance.

Please help.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-13-2004, 10:32 AM Reply   
LF Binding screws are too short to use with HL boards. You need to get longer screws. I get kinda bummed with shops that don't set people up properly. Anybody selling those combos should be able to warn buyers about this problem. Get the right length screws and check them every couple of rides and you should be fine....Flip side, make sure you don't get screws that are too long and bottom out before the bindings are tight (HL screws in a LF board will cause that problem)
Old    sbvfive            07-13-2004, 10:35 AM Reply   
Evan got that one perfect! Be careful with that.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2004, 10:40 AM Reply   
yeah you can't use those bindings on that board, you definetly need longer screws, i had a similiar problem on my old board.
Old    swampdonkey            07-13-2004, 10:42 AM Reply   
Thanks for the quick response guys.

The extra set of screws we had came from a hyperlite board....So I should be all set now. Im gonna go buy another set just in case.

Great info/warning for others about getting two long screws for your board...I bet that would ruin your day (screwing too deep into a brand new board).

Thanks again.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-13-2004, 10:46 AM Reply   
You can use the bindings (and screws), you just have to check them every time you ride. All the screws will loosen up over time, but you will be better off getting longer screws. I carry a screwdriver in the boat anyway, but I can probably put a 1/4 to 1/2 turn after every ride. Even the fin screws come loose. I would not recommend loc-tite though. Just get longer screws if you want...but you'll still need to tighten them down.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-13-2004, 5:34 PM Reply   
Go to the Hardware store and buy new screws with whatever Head you want that will fit nicely with the washers you have..... I ride TFD with Ultras and changed out my whole hardware set up.... works great never have a problem.
Old     (blackhash)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-14-2004, 7:33 AM Reply   
yah paul, because some of urs went into the lake also right?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-14-2004, 8:38 AM Reply   
kyles fault not mine........ i wanna come down to O town sooo bad! we need to show you the pic's of the pool we built at chase's place though, far cry from the one we did at zack's grandpa's place!
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-14-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
So how do Blindside boards and Hyperlite bindings work? I have an old pair of Hyperlite Highbacks Bindings that I was going to put on my new Blindside board. Anyone know?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-14-2004, 10:16 AM Reply   
The only reason it doesn't work is because LF has those super thick baseplates. I don't know why they don't provide the correct size screws. Laci, try them out it will be pretty easy to tell.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-14-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
Thank you Stephan. I will try that tonight. I really want to ride my new board, but my new bindings aren't here yet, so I hope the old ones work until I get my new ones.
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-15-2004, 8:38 AM Reply   
Down with this year's Liquid Force bindings. I'm on my 4th pair of ultras (two sets of '04's), I just broke my second pair of 04's last night. The plastic baseplate literally broke in half -- both times. And the funniest part is that both times it happened as I was trying to GET OUT of the bindings, not riding. What was so bad about metal baseplates?

I'm on the search for a pair of the '03 ultras. Anybody know what LF is doing to the Ultras next year? I think there was a thread about this already...?
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-15-2004, 10:11 AM Reply   
Cal check out this link, it has a picture of the the 2005 Ultras on it.

http://wake.com.au/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album= 189

I got that link from this thread....

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/178210.html?1089837101
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-15-2004, 11:48 AM Reply   
Wish I would have chimed in on that discussion. For 2005, same plastic base. Same neoprene liners...same impossibly difficult to get in and out of boot (so impossible that the base-plate has broken twice on me).

A word of advice for Liquid Force (and Liquid Force buyers), innovation is a good thing, we wouldn't be here without it.

But... not being afraid to fall back on what's tried and tested is a very good thing -- especially in the case of the Ultra's.