Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-25-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
Which one do you think is better. I am thinking about a pair of the
Entity 1010s or the 3-some from Wetsounds.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-25-2007, 8:51 PM Reply   
You can't go wrong with either one. Find the best deal and go for it.
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-25-2007, 10:03 PM Reply   
This has been discussed several times. Look through the archives and you will find some great info.

IMO I would go with the wetsounds the look better and sound clearer. But if you want the loudest you can get go with NVS.

NVS is also heavier but not by much with their new model..

Either way as long as you put $$$$ into the amps you will bury 98% of the boats out there.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-25-2007, 10:20 PM Reply   
"But if you want the loudest you can get go with NVS."

A very true statement. I owned a pair of NVS 1010s. To this day I still haven't heard anything as loud. I personally think they look way better than the Wetsounds too, but few agree with me.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-25-2007, 10:42 PM Reply   
^^^^^^ i agree 100% NVS IMO are the best out there and they look nice with the polished cans..
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-26-2007, 4:57 AM Reply   
I agree with you too J-Rod
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-26-2007, 7:06 AM Reply   
Ryan! Where have you been dood? Haven't seen you on the water, in the shop, online, nowheres....
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-26-2007, 8:00 AM Reply   
I personally prefer the Wet Sounds due to the clarity, but when amped properly, either manufacturer's speakers will sound great.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-26-2007, 8:30 AM Reply   
Having owned both...I'm on my second set of wetsounds....went from the (4) pro 80 to the threesome setup.

They both sound good, but haveing had the opportunity to listen to a range of NVS (tyrant/addicition/1010) next to mine there are very noticable differences in the way each sound. you can easily tell blindfolded what is NVS and what is wetsounds.
Old     (tidalwake0504)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-26-2007, 9:30 AM Reply   
Well adam that doesnt really say much about your opinion. What do you think?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-26-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
I'm on my second pair of wetsoudns spekaers = I prefer the wetsounds.

My point on the differnt "sounds" is preference.

My roomate has the addicitons, I currently have the 3-some setup. We hooked up (same power (roughly 200 RMS)) a tyrant to my boat along side of the 485. He liked the tyrant sound better, I liked the 485. To me the tyrant sounded muddy. I ran both with and w/o the eq (7 band clarion). Spent about 3 hours total messing around with the "test".

* As a note one can argue that neither the 485 or tyrant were properly powered.

If you can demo both, do it. There is a difference in sound.

(Message edited by acurtis_Ttu on June 26, 2007)

(Message edited by acurtis_Ttu on June 26, 2007)
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-26-2007, 12:24 PM Reply   

quote:

Ryan! Where have you been dood? Haven't seen you on the water, in the shop, online, nowheres....

ya i know. well lets just say that a certain xtoo isnt up to its proper running specs. and i have been working on my truck way too much. new mild 302 with the works. just getting ready to take it to the CON! going down to pismo for a weekend soon. but once the boat hits the water im riding all the time. this winter we didnt ride all that much and this summer has been full of problems. but next DRA I'll be down to ride.. cant let my title from last year be handed over so easily .

I just want to get out there and stomp that 5 that i landed once in sept

I have been hearing a bunch about this bonecrusher and seen the pics. looking good!!! didnt make it out to spring ride, my wallet was a little to short this year and needed to work. but next year im 21 and i will be there for sure! gotta pick up on the drunked chicks like 2005! hahaha SUP CHICK!!
see you out on the water soon dood-erz!!!

o ya and now back to the speaker war!!

NVS do sound much more crisp and clear. plus the cans that they are in look way cleaner then small plastic boxes... just my opinion and thats that. Plus Todd and Duane are COOL people. best service and you can pick there brains for hours and they will tell you all that you need to know... plus they are so loud they blow off Bikinis ... now thats a good speaker!
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-26-2007, 3:00 PM Reply   
hands down. NVS. todd and duane are good dudes. they take care of people
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-26-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
Wetsounds all the way, they look 100x better and sound great
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-26-2007, 4:46 PM Reply   
MAN I need to hear somebodys wet sound set up that thinks kicks ass.The ones I heard do not compare to my NVS in any way shape or form.
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       06-26-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
You're killing me......NVS hands down!
Old     (river_rat)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-26-2007, 6:05 PM Reply   
What about DBOT5?
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-26-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
hey shane. your right. if you like cheap looking and sound ok then wet sounds are for you. ive never herd a wet-sound set up sound better than a nvs set up.
Old    mendo247            06-26-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
theres no comparison... there looks are at two different ends of the spectrum, and imo so is sound... as you can see here people either love one or the other.. im one of the few that digs them both!
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-26-2007, 7:33 PM Reply   
Man I wish someone was close would like to hear an NVS setup. They just don't fit well on an illusion, imho. For me I went with wetsounds due to my tower but if I had a titan then NVS would have gotten more consideration. I thought duane was standup, but Tim and wetsounds have been great.

Kind of a pointless thread this one is almost as good as less filling or taste great.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-27-2007, 5:56 AM Reply   
cant go wrong with either, though i like the look of nvs...

if you wanted something above the average (sorry to say but ALL the manufactures use the cheapest drivers to keep the cost down)..

go with the nvs and upgraded drivers (like a b&c 10NW64 10" Neodymium Woofer and a selenium hcld 210ti) and you would have a smokin system (with the right amp) that nothing could touch...
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-27-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
come on dude, are you kidding me? NVS look like a back yard project. And if NVS are better, why aren't they offered by any of the boat manufacturers? All of the 08 Tiges will be stocked with Wetsounds speakers from the factory.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-27-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   

quote:

come on dude, are you kidding me? NVS look like a back yard project. And if NVS are better, why aren't they offered by any of the boat manufacturers? All of the 08 Tiges will be stocked with Wetsounds speakers from the factory.

didnt want to say this but wet sounds come in a plastic box. PLASTIC! hahahahahaha with little rubber corks to hide the screws.
on our boat we have the NVS Tyrants and love them to death. but the wet sounds are good speakers to. i guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder but the NVS's ARE WAY LOUDER! hahaha and cleaner sounding}
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-27-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
shane...I'm sure cost had a big role in it ( why tige would choose wetsounds). I highly doubt NVS can compete on price with the wetsounds. Don't really think it has anything to do with superior/inferior product...FYI I own the wetsounds.

I would be willing to bet the wetsounds production costs ( after all tooling costs have been absorbed) is significantly lower than NVS. Not to mention the volume that wetsounds does (sample based on this message board)
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-27-2007, 2:05 PM Reply   
Because Wetsounds and Tige are located very close to one another could be a reason they teamed up.
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-27-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
I agree, if you havent heard the Dbot5s you need to. They are LOUD! And I agree that you cannot go cheap on your amp/amps. That will make or break how they will sound.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-27-2007, 2:10 PM Reply   
Another reason could be that Wetsounds is buying a RZ4.... Nope, not a rumor either.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-27-2007, 3:15 PM Reply   
IMO they are both top notch speakers. I personally went with 4 Pro 60's simply because of size and price (my local shop hooked me up). My tower could barely fit 4 60's. I don't think a set of 1010's or tyrants would have ever fit. I looked at the addictions but they also would hang down too far for my bimini to fit.

Either manufacturer makes great products and both are far and above better than ANY car speaker setup.
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-27-2007, 3:53 PM Reply   
how far do the 1010's, tyrants and other NVS setups hang down from the tower...

I believe Pro80's hang down 14"'s...
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-27-2007, 5:43 PM Reply   
In my opinion plastic is really the ideal material for a tower speaker enclosure; light, strong, and acoustically neutral. It's also easier on the head when you bump into it. In addition to loud clear accurate music reproduction I see the wetsounds enclosure as a significant benefit.

Both NVS and Wetsounds are great speakers, no mistake with either.

If I had to replace mine I would buy the wetsounds Pro 485's again tomorrow.
Old    ausbill32            06-27-2007, 8:37 PM Reply   
I love my wet sounds 3-some and so do most of the boats 200-300 yards behind me....lol Stand on my swim platform while those puppies are cranked up and your ears will be ringing. I haven't heard NVS so I can't compare but all I know is my system can be heard incredibly clear while I'm riding 65-70 foot back so I'm all for wet sounds. I like the way they look too.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-27-2007, 9:53 PM Reply   
hey ryan. maybe because the wet sounds cost 10 bucks to make. hmmm plastic or metal. cheep looking or kustom. only a person that knows nothing about machining would say that the nvs look like a backyard project. hey people. keep buying the wet sounds because its a lot easier for me to blare over your systems.
Old    mendo247            06-27-2007, 10:01 PM Reply   
Im trying to think of a way to address the comment above, but its soooo off base im not sure where to start lol
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-27-2007, 10:25 PM Reply   
Jerry, you are funny! Keep sniffing that paint.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-28-2007, 7:22 AM Reply   
Coop,you got your bad boys "dialed in" when do you get to shut me up already?!LOL
Old    mendo247            06-28-2007, 7:30 AM Reply   
hahaha, Get up here Ed, i owe you a pull anyways! Hopefully well be hittin the delta up in the next month or so, ill get in touch!

As i stated above ive never said one brand was better than the other.. They both have awesome customer service and they both have their own up and down sides.. Looks wise they are complete oposites.. For someone to come on here and state that one brand is way better than the other or way louder is just misleading.. IMO a set of properly powered 1010s MAY be the loudest set up out, personally they are a little bright for my taste, but allot of people love them..
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-28-2007, 7:37 AM Reply   
Sweeet,I'll take you up on that offer.

I'll reserve my judgement after I hear yours but to this point I definitely got to say that NVS are louder,tho every time Darryl passes by with his VLX,I can hear those thing crankin pretty good.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-28-2007, 7:59 AM Reply   
Shane,

Wetsounds are made in China, that's how they're able to deliver on that kind of volume and keep the price down. NVS are made right here in California. We ordered a set on Wednesday. Thursday (yesterday) the owner of the company drove out to our boat and mounted them.

It's all preference. To me, the Wetsounds look like every other tower box out there. Nothing unique about em. I still prefer the look of the NVS cans.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-28-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
Richard, I agree a poperly powered set of 1010's are the loudest thign ou there right now.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-28-2007, 4:09 PM Reply   
My dad can beat up your dad.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-28-2007, 5:20 PM Reply   
Plastic will outperform metal as an enclosure in most applications. You'll never see a high end home stereo using a metal enclosure- wood is so much more "quiet" because its resonant frequency is very low, below 20Hz, just like plastic. Aluminum resonates at 900Hz, which is why metal enclosed speakers can sound pitchy or "tinny" when listening to heavily vocal tracks.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-28-2007, 6:42 PM Reply   
a men j rod. some people are pimp my ride dudes."wetsounds" and some dudes are chip foose guys" NVS" . to each his own. hey mendo. make sure that when i come up there you dont get close to my boat because your friends are going to say" dude why didnt you get thoe's kind of speakers"? "thoes are way louder than yours". there's always time to up grade
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-28-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
This thread has gotten stupid thanks in part to posts like that above mine. Please let this thread die now. Oh and mine is bigger than yours.
Old    mendo247            06-28-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
dang ponte... your obivously in the middle of a stomach inspection...

The chances of us running into eachother are slim to nun.. we are usually out on the water by seven and off by 10 or 11.. just about the time all the guys who come out to blast there stereos all day show up, but if you or your buddies want to ride a "dialed in wake" hit me up!
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-28-2007, 9:02 PM Reply   
no problem coop. david happy faces mean were KIDDING. relax. i really dont care either way what people buy. thats why i said "to each his own" must be the drugs

(Message edited by ponte_06_x2 on June 28, 2007)
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-29-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
wonder what my tyrants would sound like with dynamat on the inside of the cans.