Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-09-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
I'm trying to compress my videos to get them on to youtube with Premiere 6.5. I'm editing miniDV footage which is about 13g for an hour. I'm only trying to put 3.5 to 4.5 minute videos but they're still way too large. What settings should I use so that the audio still synchs up with my video once youtube processes it and so that my video qualitiy's not complete crap. Thanks
Old     (matt_c)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-09-2006, 8:17 PM Reply   
YouTube blows....they compress the hell outta of things. Rarely see a good/clear video on Youtube where the colors arent washed out ot blurry
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-09-2006, 9:07 PM Reply   
are they wakeboard vids? if so, upload 'em on wakepics.com. just keep the file size down below 20mb.

click here for compression instructions.
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-10-2006, 6:46 AM Reply   
Thanks Joe. Somehow I knew you'd be the one to respond. I appreciate all the help you've given me with my video questions. 'Preciate'Cha, and thanks again.
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-11-2006, 7:14 PM Reply   
Thanks again Joe. Finaly finished it today. Let me know what you think of it. Disclaimer: Not a pro editor and even less pro like on the wakeboard.
http://wakepics.com/view_single.php/Ditch-Wakeboarding_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=20568
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-27-2006, 11:47 PM Reply   
Kenneth - Cool intros! However the footage looks very choppy? What was the Frame Rate set to during compression? It should be 29.97 fps

For UTube footage I would make a few tweaks to the settings in the tutorial link Joe provided. Bump up the bit rate to 500 Kbps and use the video codec = Windows Media Video 9 since they will re-compress it anyways.

For wakepics keep the codec at ISO MPEG-4 Video or Windows Media Video V8 to allow a wider audience to watch your videos.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-28-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
at the 4 second mark... How did you do that effect. I'm thinking you exported the frame screen shot and edited the background out in Photoshop. Imported the new photoshop file into the time line and did a slow gain in size?

Am I correct?