Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (pimp131)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-23-2004, 5:13 PM Reply   
my trailor suspension gave out yesterday, and now my wheels are sitting in the wheel well. I am looking for replacement springs (leaf springs) and was wondering if anyone had the dimension on them and max load for them?
The trailor is the White Mastercraft trailor for a 94 Prostar 205.

Thanks
Old    nautiqueboarder            06-24-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
www.etrailorparts.com has great deals on springs etc..

My trailor is full of cancer ( salt water) and is on its' last leg. Need to do the springs atleast.

YOur trailer will have a stamp near the tongue telling what weight class and spring rate. I would go with 3500lb springs. They are pretty standard. Cost about $20 a spring. Plus you need hardware too.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-24-2004, 1:29 PM Reply   
Look in the yellow pages under "Trailer". If you are in a reasonable sized city there will probably be listing for equipment and parts.

Jack up the trailer and block it. Remove the good spring, take it down to the trailer parts store and tell them you want two new ones.

There is a good chance they will have it in stock, if not, probably not more than a few days to have it trucked in.

If you do internet, be sure to check the shipping charges! Springs are heavy!

Rod
Old     (pimp131)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-24-2004, 2:45 PM Reply   
hey Rod, i hope your not trying to be a smart ass. First because my main problem was the suspension snaped with the boat on it, so i cant really go anywhere or jack up the trailor.
Thanks Travis for the info willcheck that website out.
Old     (pimp131)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-24-2004, 2:47 PM Reply   
the link you posted did not work.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-24-2004, 2:58 PM Reply   
Why can't you jack up the trailor? You said "and now my wheels are sitting in the wheel well". The frame isn't on the ground is it? If you can't jack it up how are you going to remove the old springs and put on the new one's?

Old    nautiqueboarder            06-24-2004, 3:41 PM Reply   
http://www.etrailer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=E&Category_Code =ls

sorry, didnt verify the link before I typed it last time. This works.
Old    g3revenge            06-24-2004, 3:59 PM Reply   
sometimes just the pivot bolt breaks. pacific trailer has a few listings for parts. replace with the same spring rate or it might beat up your boat.
Old     (pimp131)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-24-2004, 5:03 PM Reply   
no no its the actual leaf spring. The boat is still on the trailor... sitting in my front yard. I have yet to move it, but fear that the tires will rub. Going to try slowly and see if they do or dont, and see if i can remove the fenders (but i dont think i can without taking the boat off).
Old    jlm            06-25-2004, 4:27 AM Reply   
A floor jack will lift the trailer and boat. Simply jack the trailer till the wheels/axle become free. Remove and replace the leaf springs. Simple, simple, simple...

(Message edited by jlm on June 25, 2004)
Old    jlm            06-25-2004, 4:28 AM Reply   
If Rod was being a smartass he would have pointed out that you misspelled trailer on several occasions!
Old     (pimp131)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-25-2004, 1:17 PM Reply   
thanks, wakin.
Anyways, i still have not been able to locate the proper size springs anywhere online or localy, and the only place that has them is the distributer in orlando. :-( any other ideas.
Old     (rem_pss308)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-25-2004, 2:00 PM Reply   
Alessandro,
You must not have looked very hard. http://www.etrailer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=E&Category_Code =ls
Has them, and they are not expensive. about 30.00 bucks each side.
If you need help, I can look up the part number for you . It doesn't take much to jack up the trailer either. A floor jack on a piece of plywood should do. If you dont have one, Walmart sells them for under $50.00.
Sorry to be so condesending, but people here have been trying to help you. If you need a detailed description of exactly how to do the job, I am sure we can come up with that too. I would not take the fenders off. that is just added work.
Old     (pimp131)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-26-2004, 9:52 PM Reply   
the job has been taken care of, the problem was we didnt not have the exact mesurements from the trailer manufacturer, but we got them now. Should be complete by monday.
Thanks for all the help.