Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-01-2011, 10:03 AM Reply   
I posted on the wrong page so here we go again.. I have a pair of Xenons that are blown out pretty badly. I like open toe boots, but most are pretty light or really ugly.. Any thoughts on comfy open toe boots that have decent support?
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-01-2011, 11:04 AM Reply   
i have little to no input for you from my own experience, but I would point you in the Liquid Force direction for quality open toe. Either the vantage or transit maybe?
Old     (wh157)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-01-2011, 12:33 PM Reply   
I would recommend the LF ultra bindings. I rode these last season and they had some pretty nice support. They have a dual lace system so you can really dial in on how tight/loose you want them to be. I've tried the velcro set-up before, such as the vantage, but it is definitely not for me. Can't comment on the transits.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-01-2011, 12:56 PM Reply   
Slingshot dooood The Options are where it's at!

http://www.slingshotsports.com/2011-...category=31246
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       03-01-2011, 2:40 PM Reply   
I would also recommend the LF Ultra or Vantage. Both great boots with awesome support. Go to a local shop and try some boots on, thats the best way to figure out what your want.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-01-2011, 3:38 PM Reply   
I will check out the LF stuff- no Velcro- that stuff doesn't hold up to the pounding i put my stuff through.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-01-2011, 10:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by will5150 View Post
I will check out the LF stuff- no Velcro- that stuff doesn't hold up to the pounding i put my stuff through.
the slingshot options mentioned have removable/replaceable straps.

SS and CWB are the only ones with replaceable straps
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-02-2011, 6:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by will5150 View Post
You think laces are more durable than velcro? Been through a lot more laces than I have velcro straps. Rode vantages probably 3-4 times a week for about a year and a half and they were great.... broke one strap after about 12 months of use (with a lot of cable)... I can't even count how many laces I broke before that.
Old     (onepoorpilot)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-02-2011, 7:20 AM Reply   
I have a pair of 2010 reliks I will let go for cheap size 12 and $200 shipped....