Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-30-2013, 6:56 PM Reply   
My monarchs fins are starting to split so im thinking I'll need a new board this season. With a new cable park opening in Nor-Cal i'm looking for something that can handle park riding maybe once or twice a year, majority of the time will be behind a boat.

I really like my monarch so I'd like to get something that rides similar to it, the AR1 mentioned above may seem out of place but everyone I talk to says it's an amazing board. The Webb looks amazing and I hear nothing but good things about the jib.

Can anyone provide any insight who may have ridden any of these boards?
Old     (tdickman4)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-01-2013, 5:13 AM Reply   
Out of those, I would go with the webb and then jib second. What cable park is new in NC? Are you talking about a fullsize cause I know Jibtopia is a 2 tower system that just opened and Hexagon has been open for a year.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-01-2013, 5:29 AM Reply   
I also say webb; pretty sure you're mixing up nor cal and north carolina Ted haha; I wish there was another new cable park in NC. But yes mostly boat and a couple cable trips, i would go webb, even though the AR1 looks awesome..
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-01-2013, 6:57 AM Reply   
Agreed! If you spend more time behind the boat, the WEBB is sick! I am riding the JIB but most of my time is spent at the cable. The JIB behind the boat is pretty loose into the wake but super fun! Rathys board is looking dope. havent had a chance to ride it yet but its continuous rocker and does have Hyperlite/Byerly's enduro base which is stong and has less wear through than a standard PMU base material. would still be able to rip around on the cable with that board if you chose to
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-01-2013, 7:39 AM Reply   
For just riding I would say the AR1, that board is incredible! The thing is fast, skatey and very poppy. It would do OK at the cable but I like a board with an ABS rail to ensure that your edges stay solid after hitting rails etc.

I think the Webb board would probably be best. I loved everything about that board except for how it landed. If you decide to go Webb I'd perhaps try a larger board to help soften landings.

I've ridden my Union behind the boat and really liked it, if you go Union/Jib I suggest getting the larger size. My normal sized 138 Union feels like a smaller board, just in the way it rides on the water. It felt like I was going to bury the nose on a hard cut.

Best choice might be to seal up your Monarch for cable and get the best board for wake, if you are looking at Hype/Byerly, that would be the AR (or if you are like me, the Franchise).
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-01-2013, 8:07 AM Reply   
How does Ronix boards stack up to these? I'm thinking of the Ar and Webb at this point.
Old     (tdickman4)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-01-2013, 9:10 AM Reply   
There will be another one in North Carolina soon in Charlotte. Still in the planning stages.
Old     (tahoeguy7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-01-2013, 10:44 AM Reply   
I love the Blunt behind the boat, but I have never had it on rails.
Old     (ByerlyARRR)      Join Date: May 2013       05-01-2013, 2:57 PM Reply   
I just picked up my AR1 at Scioto Boardshop and I love it. The board is a blast to ride! Its snappy and quick edge to edge and delivers amazing pop! I haven't had a chance to take it on the cable yet but with the thinned out tips it seems to have a good flex for presses.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-02-2013, 10:54 AM Reply   
Okay so I have it down to two boards:

2012 Parks ATR
2013 Byerly AR1

I'm coming off the Monarch wtih a Nova core which has tons of pop and I love how playful and forgiving it is. I woud like something thats easier to go into the flats with as i'm riding behind a 24ft boat. Out of these which would you guys suggest? I ruled out the others because I'll 99% of the time behind a boat. The webb/jib looked good but from the sound of it it's not on the save level for boat riding as these two.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-03-2013, 12:42 PM Reply   
Also the ronix viva since its more comparible to the ar1