Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-09-2010, 5:44 PM Reply   
Boarder wars
http://www.examiner.com/x-35821-Immigration-Reform-Examiner~y2010m2d5-Forget-the-official-figureHow-many-illegal-aliens-are-really-inside-the-United-States

The Show
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/border-wars
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-09-2010, 6:08 PM Reply   
"The federal government continues to tell us that there are 12 million illegal aliens currently living in the United States. However, the actual number in undoubtedly four to five times higher"

"Using the Border Patrol’s own data and considering the relative ease with which drug smugglers and illegal aliens make multiple crossings into this country, the more realistic number is much closer to 60-70 million."
Old     (loveronix)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-09-2010, 7:05 PM Reply   
Drug abuse is bad, but the drug war is worse.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-09-2010, 7:15 PM Reply   
G-
No other issue gets me more pissed than this. Wish I knew the answer or better yet i wish our elected officials had the answer. The un-controled mexican migration into this country will in my opinion be one of the biggest threats to our country. IMO,they have NO desire to be part of American way of life but rather just get what they can I send it back to Mexico. I look at things rather simplistic but if you think of scenario where the SHTF, who do you think will stick around and defend our great country. I would guess most of the mexican immigrants would head south. Others could flame me for this opinion but...DONT really care, it really does piss me off. We have all seen on the news the young Mexican kids at the high schools raising the Mexican flag over the American flag. Just a sign of things to come.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-09-2010, 7:19 PM Reply   
+10000 JTW
Old     (loveronix)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-09-2010, 7:36 PM Reply   
Here is a good one for ya JTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRneP8lwHj8
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-10-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
That is messed up ^^^^^^ I think we should all put stickers of the state that we are from on are back windows drape the U.S flag over the hood of are trucks and all parade threw the main streets of Mexico city. but that would be racist. wonder how they would take it if 200 million U.S flag wearin Americans did this in Mexico bet there not as nice as we are to them.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-10-2010, 7:35 AM Reply   
Illegal aliens wouldn't be a problem in our country if it were impossible to find work. Stop putting all of our efforts into boarder patrol. Change their role to finding and prosecuting american businesses who hire illegals.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-10-2010, 7:59 AM Reply   
Damn them Mexicans.
Old     (jerasu98)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-10-2010, 8:20 AM Reply   
Border not boarder. just a funny observation on a wake"board" website. but better then calling them Border Control.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-10-2010, 8:23 AM Reply   
Cliff - Excellent point and one most seem to totally ignore.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-10-2010, 8:26 AM Reply   
Illegal aliens wouldn't be a problem in our country if it were impossible to find work. Stop putting all of our efforts into boarder patrol. Change their role to finding and prosecuting american businesses who hire illegals.

This sounds good in theory but i think that it is almost as unattainable as stopping them from coming in.

IMO what needs to happen is the laws need to change so that the lure of coming here is very low. Make SURE they are paying into the system, if everyone is paying in, then the issue of hiring illegals becomes significantly muted.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-10-2010, 8:39 AM Reply   
I'm sorry, but unemployed illegal aliens are worse than those with jobs. IMO drugs and crime then become high paying jobs with very little downside. Get popped? No biggie, make bail and head south.

I don't know the numbers, but there are a s#itload (about 10million IIRC) of illegal aliens incarcerated in Texas.
Old    swass            02-10-2010, 8:44 AM Reply   
You do not recall correctly. There are "only" about 8 million people who are currently incarcerated in the entire country.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-10-2010, 8:48 AM Reply   
damn, I'm way off!!