Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (wakechallenged)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-28-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
I have a '99 Glastron I/O with what they consider a "swim step" (actually just a slippery 1' fiberglass ledge). I'm considering adding an aftermarket swimstep to make loading the kids easier/safer around the outdrive. My questions are these:
1) has anyone ever seen any aftermarket makers of swimsteps for I/O's? (There is a close one (teak) in Boater's World catalog but I'd have to cut it and fashion some supports);
2) am I dreaming to think I can McGuyver one?;
3) since the step has to be a good foot off the water to clear the outdrive in the "up" position, does this defeat the purpose?
4) anyone ever made one for their boat?

Glastron's website is no help and the local GT dealer looked at me like I was high when I asked them about it (although I swear I saw one once that looked like it was made for my boat).

Thanks.
Old     (wakechallenged)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-28-2004, 11:43 AM Reply   
"Swim Step" Picture

Picture is from Glastron's website.

(Message edited by wakechallenged on November 28, 2004)
Old    powerstroke            11-28-2004, 7:03 PM Reply   
if you can dream it then do it!!! no one is stopping you.
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-28-2004, 7:23 PM Reply   
i would go to www.swimplatforms.com

I have ordered from them and they did a great job but it isnt cheap!
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-28-2004, 8:35 PM Reply   
you can make them in two shorter parts on each side of the sterndrive, or the same with a removable or lifting center piece.
Old     (wakechallenged)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-28-2004, 11:34 PM Reply   
Thanks Jim, that's exactly what I was looking for.