Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Bret)      Join Date: Nov 2013 Location: Santa Rosa, CA       05-01-2015, 5:43 PM Reply   
So i just got a 2009 Sanger V215 and it has the old Manual Trim Tab on it And I wan't to change it to the Automatic Trim Tab so does anyone know where I can get the Bennett Automatic Trim Tab for a 2009 Sanger V215

Last edited by Bret; 05-01-2015 at 5:46 PM. Reason: make it better
Old     (doubleup16)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-01-2015, 6:53 PM Reply   
I'd call sanger and ask them. They are usually happy to help.
Congrats on the new boat.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-01-2015, 8:06 PM Reply   
I got mine from Sanger. It's a bit of a pain to install the screws as the hull is not completely flat where the tab installed and the fiberglass is really tough there. Just do not make the holes for the screws too small. If you do you will break the screw off and it will not be coming out so you need a new hole. The glass does not give, at all, so drill a bigger hole than you would in most materials to put the screws in.

It is a joy to have on the boat though and well worth the effort and money. The ride becomes better and you are safer driving in a storm when you can adjust the attitude of the hull.
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-03-2015, 12:56 PM Reply   
I installed one on my old v215. I purchased it through my local dealer and they had Sanger drop ship it to me. Definitely follow Art's advice on the screw holes. Otherwise it's fairly simple if your some mechanically inclined. It was definitely one of the best upgrades I did to the boat. I think I have some install pics somewhere, if you need help let me know.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-07-2015, 2:07 PM Reply   
i've got a v230 with fixed tab. Boat porpoises quite a bit when we've got 5 or 6 people in it and moving fixed weight toward the transom doesn't seem to help. Is the fixed tab part of my problem?
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-07-2015, 2:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
i've got a v230 with fixed tab. Boat porpoises quite a bit when we've got 5 or 6 people in it and moving fixed weight toward the transom doesn't seem to help. Is the fixed tab part of my problem?
If the boat is porpoising you need to move weight toward the bow. Having the trim tab will also take care of that easier, just push the switch up or down as needed. I won't own another boat without a trim tab.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-07-2015, 10:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston View Post
If the boat is porpoising you need to move weight toward the bow. Having the trim tab will also take care of that easier, just push the switch up or down as needed. I won't own another boat without a trim tab.
You can adjust down the turnbuckles on the fixed tab to provide a bit of 'hook' that will help hole shot and porpoising. A quarter inch down at the back of the trim tab will make a very big difference so just try some to start.
It's really unusual for that hull to be porpoising, especially with the fixed tab on. What do you keep in your rear lockers? It is rear weight that contributes to that condition.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-08-2015, 9:50 AM Reply   
Oh ok. Had that backwards for some reason. It doesn't do it often and I usually have some weight back there while heading to another spot to ride.