Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-09-2008, 12:11 AM Reply   
Kraig, where are you? Do you need help? I need a meet 'n' greet. I expect to see every one in their new jerseys! Seriously. Lets do this. I will bring pizza.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-09-2008, 11:01 AM Reply   
I'm here Chris! And yes, we're doing it again this year. Your help would be appreciated. The date is May 10th at Sloans Lake. To everyone here on WW, keep an eye out here on the threads and in the Wake Events section for more info. Drop me an email and I'll add you to the mailing list and post here in this thread if you would like as well. Who's in??

(Message edited by kraig on March 09, 2008)
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-09-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
sk8witaltitude@hotmail.com
what ever you need, I will try to help with.
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-09-2008, 10:17 PM Reply   
Add me to that mailing list for sure, Kraig!!!
Old     (darv)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-10-2008, 6:25 AM Reply   
I'll be there with lots of free time if you need help with organizing, setup, etc. You have my email and phone number.

Derek
Old     (wakeboardinglife)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-10-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
I'm kinda new to the sport and want to know what all happens at this meet and greet
Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-10-2008, 4:28 PM Reply   
I would like an email dr.extraction@gmail.com
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       03-10-2008, 5:26 PM Reply   
Ryan.....are you going to bring the new boat over for this?
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-10-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
Put me on the list Kraig. May is a busy month but I have it penciled in.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-10-2008, 7:55 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the interest guys! It always picks up this time of year and there's more and more of it every year. I am getting quite a few emails from people who want to attend. I will have more info up online here soon. Stay tuned!

(Message edited by kraig on March 10, 2008)

(Message edited by kraig on March 10, 2008)
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-11-2008, 4:30 AM Reply   
kraig, you're killing me! that's the weekend before my finals! but i'm in! (at least for a few hours). i'll bring my skillz bahahahaha
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-11-2008, 11:01 AM Reply   
Come on Kylie, you can be there for longer than a few hours, heck you're the reason everyone comes to the event! ;)
Old     (daigs2)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-12-2008, 5:02 AM Reply   
Kraig,

I just moved to Denver and want to meet some riders. Could you add me to the Meet n greet list? Thanks

Brandon
bdaigle@daigs.com
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-12-2008, 8:35 AM Reply   
Kraig,
Thanks for the updates on this years meet & greet.I will be there. If you need any help with things just drop me a line and let me know. I don't know how much wakebaoarding I will be doing early season (because of my torn MCL) but I plan on doing a ton of "boat therapy" during my recovery!
JJ
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-14-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
Jeff, yes we can always use help with the event. Thanks for all the offers to help with the event, as you all know, this is a grass roots event and help is always appreciated. I am working on getting ticket sales up and running here soon as well as all the info on the event and who we will have there. Also, I'm still judging the interest in the event. Who else is in and how many do you all have? Please spread the word if you can, getting the word out to everyone is the one of the hardest areas for an event like this. Let's make this thing huge! It's grown at about 100% every year and hopefully this year is no exception.
Old     (daigs2)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-14-2008, 4:03 PM Reply   
Kraig,
I should have about 4-5 in my group. Also, have you contatcted Tommy's about possibly sponsoring the event or is the intent to keep it grassroots? Tommy's may be willing to sponsor food, beverages, etc. and set up a demo stand.
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-14-2008, 4:55 PM Reply   
Kraig,
That sounds good. I will help out in way I can. I agree that word of mouth is the best. I am willing to make up some flyers and take them to some of the local boat dealers and post them around the area. I am also willing to do the photog. and video stuff for the event. I need some stuff for my portfolio and this would be a good event to use. I will talk to Oakman and Dani and have them spread the word also. Anyone talk to Steve Jones? It may be a good idea to get this event posted on the MHW web page... Drop me a email with all the specific details and I will work on getting a flyer put together. dr_sassypants9@yahoo.com
Ltr, ~JJ
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-16-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
Hey Everyone!! I will have more info on the event here soon as well as ticket sales. For now I've got a portion of the website up. It's just a small part of what there will be. There will also be a page to sell tickets on the website. So far what I have up is info about the event. This will be helpful for anyone who's new to the event to learn what it's all about. Again, check back here and/or on the website soon for more info. www.milehighmeetandgreet.com
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-20-2008, 8:01 PM Reply   
Tickets are now ON SALE!

Go to www.milehighmeetandgreet.com for more info and to purchase tickets!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-26-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
Just wanted to pass on an update on the event. We now have the sponsors all locked in. Here is the list of the sponsors:

-Rocky Mtn. Boat Company
-Tommy's Slalom Shop
-Great Lakes Marine
-Island Lake Marine
-Wakeboard & Waterski Specialty

The boats that will be in the water for pulls and boat demos:

-Supra 22
-Malibu VLX
-Nautique 210
-The new Epic -or- Supreme
-Tige

I will have more info as we get closer. Check the website for updates as well as to purchase tickets. www.milehighmeetandgreet.com

Thank you for everyone's support on the event!!
Old     (bhileman)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-27-2008, 8:58 PM Reply   
kraig where is great lakes marine and island lake marine I haven't heard of either of them?

But more importantly who is doing the food? Last year the food was great.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-28-2008, 9:23 AM Reply   
so if the lake is not open, will the event be moved to another lake?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-28-2008, 9:32 AM Reply   
When I first read the posts title I thought this was a pilot swingers get together. After reading, this makes more sense. I'm an idiot.

Hope you guys have fun.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-28-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
Hmmm.....a swingers get together.....

Brett- Yes, we have booked the same caterer as last year with the same great food! The BBQ was phenomenal! Great Lakes Marine is in Littleton on Santa Fe south of C-470. They are the new Nautique dealer. And Island Lake Marine is located in Ft. Collins, they carry Supreme and are the new dealer in town for Epic Wakeboats. Hopefully we will see an Epic in the water at the event but it all depends on if they can get their hands on another Epic before the event.

Chris- I was hoping to have more info about Sloans by now but so far I haven't heard anything. The city of Denver is working on it and are willing to work with us to make this event happen. We have the park, that permit is done, it's just a matter if we will have water access. Again, I was really hoping to have info about the lake by now and I am in constant contact via email with the city. As far as an alternative location, we are working on that. Nothing solid yet, my hopes are high for Sloans.
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-28-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
Patrick, I sure will, that is if I can. I think last year they didn't want a lot of boats there, just the ones they had on hand. But like I said, I sure will if I can, I'm always down for a good road trip!
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       03-28-2008, 5:52 PM Reply   
Nice Ryan....I am headed over to Junction this weekend to catch up with Milligan and Macias, and to pick up a buddies Jeep. We'll probably be partying it up so hit Macias up and come throw down.
Old     (rjohnson50)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-28-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
count me in Kraig rjohnson50@gmail.com...
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-28-2008, 8:08 PM Reply   
Ticket Sales: www.milehighmeetandgreet.com

Please, get your tickets so we can prove to the sponsors that this is going to be huge!!
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-29-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
Patrick, Im working this Sat., but I'll be in town Sunday. I'll still give Nick a call Sat. night. Later man
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-29-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
Kraig also has a forum there.
http://www.milehighmeetandgreet.com/

(Message edited by bill_sloan on March 29, 2008)
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-01-2008, 8:45 PM Reply   
Thanks for helping to spread the word Bill! You going to make the event? I'm holding you to it!

We have a few updates on the event. I have more sponsors on the website and one yet to add. We just picked up Liberation Sports as a sponsor. They are putting in a bunch of free equipment for the raffle including: Wakeboard(s), wakeskate, board bag, t-shirts and stickers. BJ with Liberation is going to be at the event with equipment demos as well.

We're getting closer to the event date, go to www.milehighmeetandgreet.com and grab your tickets. Let's show the sponsors that this event is going to be huge and maybe we can get a few more items for the raffle. So purchase your tickets now, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone from last year and many many new faces!

To Purchase Tickets, Go to:
www.milehighmeetandgreet.com

(Message edited by kraig on April 01, 2008)
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-02-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
I'll be there Kraig. I also posted it on the Colorado Wake Alliance group on Myspace. At least all 17 member will see it.
http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&groupid=1 04646290&Mytoken=B2DF4896-7324-48A8-9CAC2802C1D52CD848024040
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-02-2008, 4:41 PM Reply   
Thanks for spreading the word Bill!

Please, spread the word everyone! This is a grassroots event and getting the word out to everyone is the biggest obstacle.
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-02-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
I'll do some Myspace bulletins and if I can figure it out a Facebook event invite.
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-02-2008, 5:11 PM Reply   
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=13213296778
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-02-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
I am thinking of calling in on 106.7kbpi on tuesday at 5 uncle nasty does do me a favor tuesday. I will call and give a shout with the details and the website.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-02-2008, 6:06 PM Reply   
SWEET!!!! Just do it!! I give you props if you can get it done. Did you get my message from last week?
Old     (emstenb)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-02-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
I'm in Fort Collins, is Sloans just north or Denver? What is the meet n greet about??
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       04-03-2008, 6:29 AM Reply   
Emilee,

Sloans is fairly close to Mile High Stadium. The parking lot for the boat ramp is at W Byron Pl and Sheridan. It is really easy to get to off of 25 so you should definitely come down and meet everyone. Do you go to school at CSU?
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-03-2008, 7:05 AM Reply   
i've gotta get up off my fat #@%&( and buy a ticket!
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-03-2008, 12:16 PM Reply   
yeha, sorry Kraig, Igots layed off, so no money for dinner/planning. but in for all now, call me 720 299 6098 if you need anything else.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-03-2008, 12:21 PM Reply   
Chris, sorry to hear that. Are you actively looking?

Kylie- Yes you do!!! And to everyone else, ticket sales are up on the website. I'm working with the sponsors for the raffle giveaways and alot of that depends on attendance/ticket sales.

Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-03-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
Just bought my tickets Kraig, we will see you may 10th. Whats the lake temp at that time?
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-03-2008, 6:53 PM Reply   
Dan- Sloans Lake is very shallow so it warms up faster than most lakes in the area. But May 10th, it's still going to be pretty chilly. Trunkable though.
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-03-2008, 8:35 PM Reply   
mid 60's?
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-04-2008, 9:22 AM Reply   
looking... got an offer from isle of capri...hoping I pass the background check...
Old     (billspin)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-04-2008, 11:29 AM Reply   
I have just posted this link to www.tigeowners.com site.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-04-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
Last year the water was pretty warm, I think it was in the upper 60's low 70's even. The lake is only 6' deep so it doesn't take much to warm it up!

Thanks for putting this together again Kraig!
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-04-2008, 6:01 PM Reply   
it's so shallow that if one person pees in it the water warms up one degree!
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-04-2008, 6:11 PM Reply   
That's good to know Kylie!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-05-2008, 4:01 PM Reply   
And I hear Kylie has warmed that lake up quite a bit!

Who else is in for the event? Please, spread the word to anyone else you know that may be interested in attending the MileHigh Meet & Greet.

Also, anyone know of a great place to rent a 15'x20' canopy??
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-06-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
event rents?
Old     (aspenshayn)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-10-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
Well, Mister Kaiser, I'm very impressed. is this the 5th year now?!? I'm in this year!!! I've had an excuse every year, and this year is all about the meet & greet. You've done an incredible job. I'd love to get involved again, let me know if you need anything. Looking forward to finally meeting you after all these years. . are there any "ego" events going on? not sure what you have been doing, but I think best trick comp, big air comp.... might be fun. $10 register day of event and top 3 get money and/or prizes. just an idea.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-11-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
Shayn, Glad to hear you're going to make it this year! This is the 4th year for the event and it keeps growing every year. As far as a competition at the event, we've steered the event away from going that way. We want to keep the event at it's roots, as a Meet & Greet, not a competition. The MileHigh Meet & Greet supports the other wakeboarding events in Colorado, we don't want it to compete with them. It's the first event of the season, it's the event that kicks everything off. This year we will be advertising the wakeboarding schedule at the event as well as all the sponsors. The success the Meet & Greet has seen is mostly due to it's time of the year and what it's all about, a get together at the first of the year to reconnect with other boarders and/or meet other boarders to ride with. We want to keep the event at it's roots and where it all started.

If you could Shayn, spread the word about the event to everyone you know. Check out the website www.milehighmeetandgreet.com for info and to purchase tickets. I also have flyers if you need any. I look forward to seeing you at the event Shayn!
Old     (xcharrier)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-14-2008, 10:18 AM Reply   
Hey Kraig... I think you might want to monitor that discussion board on the milehighmeetandgreet site a little closer
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-14-2008, 4:13 PM Reply   

Made me look.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-15-2008, 6:13 PM Reply   
We're 3 1/2 weeks away!!! Almost 80 degrees today! The water is warming up... I have all the sponsors locked down, check the website for the list of sponsors and to purchase tickets. I will have a list of items for the raffle up soon. The event is a 100% go!

Who's all in? Please, spread the word to everyone you know, let's make this thing huge this year! Ticket sales are a good indicator for me to show the sponsors that this is going to be bigger than last year.

Go to www.milehighmeetandgreet.com, purchase a ticket (or two, or three...), get your board ready and come out for a pull and some great BBQ! Look forward to seeing you all at the event again this year!

In order for me to coordinate with the caterer I need to give him a head count close to a week out from the event. So if you're planning on attending, please purchase your tickets soon so I can make sure we will have the right amount of food. In addition, the more ticket sales we have the more we will have in for the raffle.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-15-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
I will buy 4 tiks when I get a pay check, I also put a post on craigslist boats for sale section....
Old     (jlatham13)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-17-2008, 9:30 AM Reply   
Sounds like a great event Kraig. I just bought my 2 tickets and I can't wait!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-17-2008, 6:31 PM Reply   
Thanks Jake! I look forward to seeing you at the event!

Who else is in?
Old    skierswharf            04-19-2008, 8:09 AM Reply   
Hey I'm in...I'm stoked to finally get an opportunity to ride in Colorado and meet some people to possibly ride with this season! I've been out here for a year now and didn't get to ride once last year. I found out about last years meet and greet the day after it happened, so I am glad to have seen this post earlier this year. Let me know if you need any help with the set-up or anything...I live a few blocks from the lake. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Loren
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-20-2008, 12:38 PM Reply   
Loren- Glad to hear you are going to be able to make it this year! Spread the word to anyone you know. See ya at the event!
Old     (jrenshaw)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-21-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
hey all! i'm also new to colorado, moved out here to boulder area in september for my first big person job... HA!!! i'm definitely ready to wakeboard... it's been awhile, lived in chicago last year... but i had a shoulder surgery 10 wks ago from a snowboard wreck. BUT hopefully in a few months i will be ready to go!!!

you can count my boyfriend i in for the meet and greet... he will want to board, i'll probably just get to sit and enjoy food and beverages, ha ha
Old     (jrenshaw)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-21-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
oh, and i will pick up tix on that website in the next few days! i can't wait to get a little wakeboarding action in my system again :-)
Old     (jrenshaw)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-21-2008, 5:53 PM Reply   
AND last post for the day... email is jenren81@aol.com, throw me on the email list too if you get a chance, thanks!
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-21-2008, 9:30 PM Reply   
last year my wife was 7 mo pregers. She could not ride, but had a blast....
Old     (erik_a)      Join Date: May 2007       04-22-2008, 3:37 PM Reply   
Melissa and I will be there. Does anybody remember Melissa? Heh!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-22-2008, 3:50 PM Reply   
Eric- Glad to hear you two will be there! In fact, I was just talking to someone today about Melissa and if she was going to make it. I emailed her the other day but never heard back from her. I'm just not that important! Look forward to seeing you two at the event!

And if you could, please spread the word about the event to anyone you know who might be interested. This event has grown due to all of you spreading the word about it. Let's grow this event!

Please grab your tickets if you are planning on attending. We need the head count for the caterer and the sponsors.

Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-22-2008, 7:27 PM Reply   
finally picked my tickets!! it looks like there are a couple more sponsors and some new sponsors this year. lets pray for good weather.

i thought Tommy's was a sponsor??
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-23-2008, 5:22 AM Reply   
i think i remember melissa .. isn't she that chick with the long dark hair? LOL! fyi - i'm probably hitting up loveland on friday may 1st to use my last ticket if you guys can get there! we need to ride together this summer.
Old     (erik_a)      Join Date: May 2007       04-23-2008, 6:45 AM Reply   
Kylie, come up to Loveland on Saturday, May 3rd for closing weekend, not Friday! Melissa & I will be there for sure on Saturday. Gotta work on Friday though.
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-23-2008, 12:37 PM Reply   
Sorry Kraig, It's looking like we are not going to make it this year. Hope things go good at the event.
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-23-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
whats up with that Jeff??
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-23-2008, 6:54 PM Reply   
Jeff...what's up?

Kraig, I’ve meaning to post but have been swamped closing down the winter stuff and getting ready for the summer. I don’t know if our staff will be back from Texas and Florida in time for your MHMG but I would be happy to help spread the word. I still haven’t figured out exactly what you are trying to do (other than a fun get-together?) but if you could clarify (hit me up privately) I could call some of our sponsors like Monster, Quiksilver, or Sony, or whoever. I’m sure they would all be willing to bring down a tent and/or some goodies if we asked them to, as long as it doesn’t hurt sales of any of the dealers. (I would just need to be able to explain what the benefit is for them, or let them know that it’s just for fun). If we are back in Denver, we could also help out, if you needed the help, but it sounds like you may have it covered.

Also, hit up all of the Denver boat dealers, I gave each of them 1 spot to the Shaun Murray clinic later in the summer, and some still have them. That could be a pretty cool raffle or prize for someone just getting into the sport (or anyone really).

I already put a link to your event on our main calendar. It’s good to see someone take the initiative because events are expensive and not easy to coordinate! (Lisa and Doty at the city told me all about it!) Hit me up if you would like additional help.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-24-2008, 8:23 AM Reply   
I finally bought my ticket, looks like I'm definitely going now!
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-24-2008, 8:44 AM Reply   
eric - i'll try for the 3rd at loveland, but might be going to a-basin that day with a gf of mine. ps - that's also my birthday - i'll be 35 again.
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-28-2008, 5:21 PM Reply   
Sorry about the delay in getting back to ya. Just been busy with things. Amy has been working a lot, I just finished school for the summer and working on getting projects (video & photo). Plus I am still busted up! Amy & I are working on buying a new house & moving also. Just been crazy busy...
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-30-2008, 7:47 AM Reply   
i'm so ready for my summer fun to start! i'm trying to get my nephew and his friends to go, but they're close to finals and might have tests to study for. he's never ridden behind a "real" wakeboard boat ... wanna watch him get launched! mean, i know, but true!
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-30-2008, 4:53 PM Reply   
I now have a wedding I have to be an usher for on the tenth. I tried to talk the bride into having the ceremony later in the day but was almost beaten for it.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-01-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
Bill, have them move the location. We've never done a wedding at the event..... But there's a first for everything! Let's see here..... Wakeboard, maybe win some gear, meet other boarders, have some incredible BBQ OR.....Walk people down an isle in uncomfortable shoes.......

Who else is in? Ticket sales are coming in everyday and I appreciate what everyone has done to help spread the word. In fact, I got an email from a couple that will be attending. They saw the post on craigslist that Chris posted and are very excited to meet other boarders to ride with. This is what the Meet & Greet is all about!

If you know anyone else who might be interested in attending, please tell them about it and give them the website address www.milehighmeetandgreet.com for more info and to purchase tickets!