Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-18-2010, 9:32 AM Reply   
Ordered the Parts and built this little guy by my self. Pretty stoked.
Attached Images

Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-18-2010, 10:33 AM Reply   
Nice - how does it work - are you going to move it left to right or forward and back?
Old     (fiveohfilms)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-18-2010, 7:54 PM Reply   
nice work! just got myself the indislider! check out the test vid...
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-18-2010, 8:58 PM Reply   
I can use it any way really, picking up a Manfrotto 701 head for it tomorrow, should help it a bit. It works good, just need to play with it more. I am shooting some snowboarding next week so maybe i will post some videos of it in action.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-18-2010, 10:19 PM Reply   
nice Travis! Funny I was just reading up on this on dvx earlier today. Is that the 16-60 w/ the 100mm carriage? 2 or 3ft? How's the overall weight?

tbtw - When did you order the parts?
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-19-2010, 7:57 AM Reply   
Yes it is, its a 2.5 ft in length, i am going to order a 5ft one as well later on. The weight is a little heavier than i thought, especially with the camera head. I ordered the parts last thursday and got them on tuesday with standard shipping.

If you check out the rails these guys use, it might be worth to order that rail. I saw it some where in the catalog but didnt think anything of it. Only issue might be mounting to a tripod.
http://www.glidetrack.com/products/g...-sd-range.html

But for the $130 of parts and $125 for the new 701 i am getting its still cheaper than buying on for the same product.

Might have my buddy make me some swing out legs too.

By the way, drilling though the carriage was not fun. Definitly by a new drill bit or two.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-19-2010, 11:00 AM Reply   
Thanks Travis!

Cool - I just called and they don't have the original parts, so I rolled with the non-drilled rails instead. No worries as I have a drill press, so it should be easy to drill the carriage and rails.. measure trice, drill once.

The photos on the link you sent look smaller...? I think for a DSLR setup that will work, but I'm still rock'n the tank (hxv), so I opted to the large rail diameter.

Let me know what you come up with the swing out legs.. if it looks solid I might be interested.