Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       08-14-2007, 12:04 PM Reply   
Hey all. I was out surfing behind my '98 Nautique SS this weekend and it seemed like the starboard side wake was lots cleaner than the port. Is this typical of this boat?

I am regular footed but I still surfed the cleaner wake vs. the washy port side. Will that slow my progression? I just started.
Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-14-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
Typical of that boat and CC's. (most CC's I think) The prop turns in the opposite direction, making the driver's side better.
Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       08-14-2007, 2:50 PM Reply   
So should I continue to surf the driver's side even though I am regular footed?
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-14-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
Cade- The prop rotation doesnt mean you should def be surfing the starboard side. I ride behind an 86 nautique 2001 with a Right Handed prop rotation and i still surf the port side. The prop rotation just makes it a stronger pocket. So you could surf either side as a regular rider.