Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-10-2012, 7:52 AM Reply   
I know alot of you are like me and have a relative or friend that has a lake house that you either use or just spend alot of time at and you would like to get something for christmas but just can't think of anything good to get for them. So I'm starting this thread just to get some idea's out there.

I'll start with what I got my brother last year for cheap and he thought it was the best thing he had every seen after he relized he didn't have to lay off the side of his pontoon holding a 5 gallon gas can.

Shaker Siphon

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Safety-Sipho...920274&vxp=mtr
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-10-2012, 9:18 AM Reply   
Dart board?

Games are always good. Shuffle board table was a good idea
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-10-2012, 9:31 AM Reply   
I would say Tools. Screw drivers, ratched set anything that could be used around the house or on the boat.
Small Shop Vac- can be used for the obvious and blowing up the water toys.
Does their kitchen need anything. New Toaster, fying pans...anything.
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-10-2012, 9:50 AM Reply   
I bought the the Siphon for my self after years of holding the 5 gallon jug to fuel the cars or boat. Guests to our lake condo have given us baskets of goodies, but the best was a slate sign that has the condo name, lake name and our name on it. It hangs right at the front door.
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       12-10-2012, 9:50 AM Reply   
One of the best gifts we got was a wooden sign for our dock.

Most docks on our lake have them, usually families name and we've constantly talked about needing to get one. Was nice to receive it as a gift. I put a 5 coats of laquer on it and hung it up on the dock. Still looks brand new.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-10-2012, 10:04 AM Reply   
I love the idea of the sign. My brothers got one thats just crappy peel and stick lettering.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-10-2012, 11:47 AM Reply   
We got a box of over a hundred cozies a couple of years ago. Still have a bunch of them.

Would really like an ice maker though!
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-10-2012, 1:33 PM Reply   
Whats the budget?
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-10-2012, 1:56 PM Reply   
My budget is around 50.00 but I wanted the thread to be for anybody who might need some idea's.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       12-10-2012, 2:56 PM Reply   
What about a fire pit or fire ring if he doesn't have one? Tiki torches and a frisbee to play beersbi should also be a must
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-11-2012, 4:05 AM Reply   
How about a banner of his boat or wakeboard etc, to show off his pride. A fake owl or something to deter unwanted animals. Can we see some pics of the lake house?
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-11-2012, 6:29 AM Reply   
I've just got a picture of the dock and my boat after a bad storm. The house is real small but just what he needs
Attached Images

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-11-2012, 7:03 AM Reply   
Bumpers for tying up to his dock. An American or state flag for that flag pole?
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-11-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
one of those wakeboard bench seats would be really cool for that dock, image search them on google, i usually see them for sale on craigslist in nc, they take old or broken wakeboards and make cool looking bench seats from them, really neat looking
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-11-2012, 8:02 AM Reply   
Do what i did....make adirondack chairs