Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-19-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
is riding allowed on this lake? it's just a couple miles north of where we live and looks like it would be a good place to ride.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-19-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
if you have a windsurfer
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-19-2007, 1:59 PM Reply   
oh...there goes that.
Old     (tupper78)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-19-2007, 2:08 PM Reply   
Joe,
I used to live about ten minutes from lake hodges, Back in the 90's, back then you could only fish on the lake, no swimming etc. But it has been a long time so maybe they changed their rules
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-19-2007, 3:18 PM Reply   
With San Vicente closing down in the future for the dam raise, there have been several rumors about potential other lakes opening up for water contact. One of those was Hodges, but nothing has been decided on. The City of San Diego runs most the lakes in the area, but it seems like our recreational use of the lakes is a pretty low priority. You can fish on just about any of them, but water contact is limited to only 2 lakes in the entire county, San Vicente, and El Capitan. Right now El Cap is the ONLY one for water contact. San Vicente had an issue several months ago with the water being too low to launch, so we did not even get our 2 days/week during the winter. They regularly have Thu/Fri available during the winter, then add Sat/Sun during the summer. Latest news is that this summer will be only Sat/Sun for water contact at San V. The dude at El Cap told me at their lake, the schedule will probably stay the same this summer - Fri and Sun only for water contact. Needless to say, a pretty dismal schedule for all of us.

Like I said, they talk about making water contact available at another lake (Lower Otay, Hodges, etc), but that is probably a few years down the road - mainly when San V closes down for the dam raise at the end of 2008. No telling what will happen.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-19-2007, 5:29 PM Reply   
you need to come to Da Lagoon that's were I ride
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-19-2007, 6:29 PM Reply   
Da Lagoon SCHWEET!

Not too many folks dump a $40-50K boat in the da salt Moose. If you haven't noticed.

Moose, Are you offering up pulls behind your pimpsetter?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-19-2007, 11:01 PM Reply   
I did not forget about the Lagoon, I was just refering to fresh water lakes. The Lagoon rocks! Can't wait for a summer kick-off party there. Great time last year. Great place to ride, just not on my boat.
Old     (jdaviso1)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-21-2007, 3:27 PM Reply   
Have you seen all the trees and junk in the water at Hodges? Better bring a spare prop or two...

~J.