Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-16-2006, 11:06 AM Reply   
I currently ride an 05 hyperlite state along with the state bindings. Love the board, hate the bindings. I dont have a place anywhere nearby to try on or compare bindings. I have had the chance to try the 06 hyperlite murrays and the 06 liquid force watsons and transits. I found the murrays not quite supportive enough. The transits and the watsons would have been about right...the watsons espically...but my ankles are so friggin skinny that I could not pull the laces tight enough to fit right. What I really want is something like the watsons that will be able to grab my ankle. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-16-2006, 11:07 AM Reply   
what size foot are you luke?
Old    innov8actionsports.com            11-16-2006, 11:11 AM Reply   
I would say Cwb Zeus or Cwb Faction, that is if you are looking at all brands of bindings.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-16-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
All you are going to do is get a bunch of bias opinions here :-)

I really love my Argons, I think they DO feel like Watsons from trying them on in the shop... but different material on the insides, so you can't put them on dry like the Watsons. Great support (similar to the Zues/Watsons), comfortable, everything I wanted in a binding. Definately better than States

Have a pair for sale if you are interested, but I do think it is a good idea to try on a binding before you spend that kind of money on one. Either way, if you are interested, give me a PM or an email.

http://www.wakeworld.com/boots/getboot7.asp?ProductID=3034

oops... edit = wrong link

(Message edited by aden_g on November 16, 2006)
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-16-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
I am a size 10
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-16-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
i dont know if this helps.. but...

i have tried on Lf HYPE and CWB.

the Lf do what you explained.. they feel too big and dont grab almost any part of your foot.(skinny guys). but they feel nice and soft on the foot. they are flexible and dont offer much forward lean. (might be good or bad)<depends on you.

the hyperlites are nice and grab your ankle with the Option 2 strap. but to me they dont grab the sides of your foot well.

CWB has the hinge so you can get i tight fitting binding all the way around. the one down side to that is it takes some time to wear them in. (about 3-5 times riding days) they do feel super soft and have a great hold all the way around

my vote would be for some CWB Zues (Lg).. trust me you will never want anything else.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-16-2006, 2:21 PM Reply   
Luke - it sounds like you are having the same problems I used to have until I found the perfect bindings, for the shape of our foot. I've got one pair of used '05 3ds boots, and one pair brand new. They're mediums, but I wear a size 10 in skate shoes, and they fit me perfect. I'll let 'em go for cheap, I've got a pair of '06's now, so I don't need 'em any more.

thanehouse@hotmail.com