Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (norcal72)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-10-2007, 7:26 AM Reply   
I have been boarding for 3 years now and am able to do W2W 180s and have vowed to try the tantrum. I am going to Berryessa for 3 days on Tuesday and am going to go for it. I have done a lot of reading and watching video on how to do it. Any extra tips on what I should focus on for my first time would help alot. Obviously I am a bit nervous and would love any extra confindence I can find. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-10-2007, 7:40 AM Reply   
make sure you get the trip at the TOP of the wake! throw your head and chest up then back, after that the trick pretty much does it's self
Old     (aracinelli)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-10-2007, 7:43 AM Reply   
Try it on a trampoline before you go on your trip. Practice it over and over until you are comfortable and confident.
Old     (norcal72)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-10-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
I keep reading and hearing about waiting for the trip. Can someone explain that concept a bit.
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-10-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
edge hard into the wake, right when you get to the bottom of the wake let off your edge and try to square up your shoulders and board to the wake. wait for the trip at the top of the wake. like murray says "it should feel like your skating backwards and hit a curb" you will get tripped backwards and that starts the flip.

(Message edited by blind on June 10, 2007)
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-10-2007, 3:46 PM Reply   
Wait for the pop. If feels like you are waiting forever but it is essential. Also spot your landings. Good Luck Bro
Old     (97sunsetter)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-10-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
The way I learned it and it really helped me was doing it off of a wakeskate. It may sound goofy but it really helped me feel what the "trip" felt like and the entire flip as a whole. When i strapped the board on it only took like 3-4 tries before i pulled one off.
Old     (norcal72)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-10-2007, 7:38 PM Reply   
I appreciate all the comments. I will be leaving tomorrow night for Berryessa. Wish me luck. I will let you know how it goes.
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       06-10-2007, 9:22 PM Reply   
I would suggest a backroll for your first invert. The tantrum can be a killer on the ankles and the knees. I have to wear two ankle braces any time I wakeboard from learning tantrums. You should have a few inverts dialed before you start trying the tantrum. It is not that difficult to do but it only takes a fall or two to really mess yourself up.
Old     (norcal72)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-11-2007, 8:35 AM Reply   
Robert. You should be a motivational speaker. I keep hearing from everyone to try the Tantrum first. I get my self all psyched up. And then you burst my bubble with that post. WOW. I appreciate the comments but I need to go for it.
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       06-11-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
i think learning tantrums are much easier than any other invert, you just got to stick with them until you finally stomp it...and dont be scared about it, its all about that confidence
Old     (norcal72)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-11-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
Thanks. That is the confidence boost I am looking for.