Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-11-2007, 7:06 PM Reply   
Has anyone ever put one on? Is it a good idea? Some people have told me that it may have some long-term effects on my truck. Does it affect gas mileage much? How much should I expect to pay? I have a 2005 Nissan Titan. Thanks
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-11-2007, 8:49 PM Reply   
my cousin and i installed a leveling kit on my '02 4wd tundra a few months ago. fairly easy to do yourself. just some basic tools and a spring compressor. the bad thing about them is that they change the angle on the cv axles and could eventually cause the joints to fail. i did a lot of research before buying the kit and found that the tundra cv joints and axles are fairly tough. i would suggest finding a titan message board and sniffing around. as for gas milage, i didn't really notice that much of a difference until i put bigger tires on.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-11-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
Hogfan: Go to www.titantalk.com and you will get all the info you need and it's Titan specific info. There are a ton of guys on there with all kinds of Titan leveling kits and lots of info on how to do it yourself.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-11-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
Use air bags. Search the net for your truck. Air Ride is one company, Air Lift is another, and plenty more out there.
Old    walt            02-12-2007, 5:48 AM Reply   
I had them installed on my F-150 and they have worked out just fine. I think they were only 150 installed.

There was no effect on gas mileage.
Old     (heem)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-12-2007, 8:41 AM Reply   
I would think the only way it would affect your gas mileage would be because of a slight increase in wind resistance by raising the front end.

Follow Kraigs sugestion and go to titantalk or clubtitan.org and you will find no shortage of links that should answer your question
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-12-2007, 11:42 AM Reply   
thanks alot!! i'll check that site out.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-12-2007, 12:09 PM Reply   
clubtitan.org is also another good one
Old     (superboy)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-12-2007, 8:39 PM Reply   
if you want to go lower i just changed my shackle to a 2" drop and took out the load spring as well.
the load spring had to go back in cuz it made me ride on the snubber while towing... but the shackle helped. got it for 49.95 off ebay and the truck looks and handles much better.
06 titan crew 4 door
b
Old     (ldc)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-13-2007, 3:30 PM Reply   
I have firestone airbags on my 05 titan, they were direct bolt on and around $200. They work great when towing the boat around. Keeps the truck nice and level.

dc
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-13-2007, 4:08 PM Reply   
I installed an Air-Lift kit on my Excursion for about $220. It comes with a single compressor and a back-lit gauge/switch/relief valve for the console. Works awesome. Allows the vehicle to be leveled and stiffens the ride up. The ride is much more responsive with the kit.