Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    billy_ray            10-20-2005, 3:33 PM Reply   
how does the new malibu vlx and the new 24ft tige compare. Which one has a better wake.... i can buy any one i want.. does anyone know which boat is the best one for the buck..? any pics of either??
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-20-2005, 4:10 PM Reply   
You are not comparing apples to apples with the 24v and the Vlx. You are better off comparing the vlx to the 22v and the 23lsv or 24lsv to the 24v. The wake is all personal preference as is the boat itself. The best advice I can give you is to actually get in the boat yourself, and ride behind the boat to see which one you like best.

Also a little point of advice: you do not need to start 5-10 different threads on basically the same subject, just tie them all together and you will probably get a better response.

And to answer your wake question about the vlx in another thread, I personally like the wake best with all factory ballast full and the wedge, and about 6-10 people.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-20-2005, 7:46 PM Reply   
uhhhhh, no brainer the 247. I have been on the 247 and it is pimp, the surf wake being insane. QPR, might be individual preference.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-20-2005, 11:21 PM Reply   
uhhhh, no brainer on the 24ve. I have been on the 24ve and it is pimp, the surf wake is insane. QPR, might be individual preference.

Ignore posts #3 and #4 and read Chris Brown's post again. More helpful.

(Message edited by justridin on October 20, 2005)
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-21-2005, 10:48 AM Reply   
Are you looking for a great wake or room in the boat? How many people are usually in your boat? The wake is sick on the VLX---and the resale should be better.
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-21-2005, 9:21 PM Reply   
I don't know, the Tige 24Ve is very nice. Actually they are both very nice boats and you would be happy with either boat. Do a little research on the dealers and make that a big factor in your choice. A bad dealer can make a great boat seem like crap if you have problems.

BTW, my local Tige dealer is very good. They really care about keeping customers happy.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       10-24-2005, 8:01 AM Reply   
just ride them! Both of them as close together as possible. I was sure I wanted a correct craft 211 team, but once I rode the malibu vlx that I was kind of thinking would just be a backup choice I knew that's what I wanted.
Just try to put the two trials as close together as you can so you can compare them better.