Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-31-2010, 7:42 PM Reply   
My whole family is going to maui in november for my sisters wedding. So im going to be there for eight days. Do u guys have any recomendations on where a good place would be to stay? I am thinking of renting a house/ condo while i am there. I think the up side would be having a kitchen so i would not have to go out for every meal. a living room to chill in. and my own private pool, hopefully. Im sure pleanty of u fellow ww'ers have gone to maui before and can be more insighful to me. thanks
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-01-2010, 4:44 AM Reply   
Last time we stayed at the 4 Seasons and it was awesome. Great food, cool pools, awesome beach, service outstanding. I wouldn't think a living room would be a huge priority because you are in Maui. Going out is part of the fun of being there ans my favorite place to eat was at the pool!
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-01-2010, 8:28 AM Reply   
Where is the wedding? You probably don't want to be an hour away from that. But there are a ton of condos to rent on Maui. Try www.crh.com to book and get details. My family has a condo in Kehei and we always stop at the costco right next to the airport and stock up food and drinks as soon as i get off the plane. Most condos have a pool or two and an outside bbq so cooking your own food is nice and saves some cash.
Old     (pdub)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-02-2010, 3:00 PM Reply   
Grand wailea
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-05-2010, 8:21 PM Reply   
Grand Wailea is near Kihei. I didn't care for Kihei. Personally, I like the condos in Honokowai. The condos are right on top of the beach because they were built before they had the strict building codes they do now. But that is on the other side of the island. But it depends on how much you want to spend? Maybe some people have loads of money to throw around but for what you would pay for one night in an ocean view hotel room at some of these resorts, I can spend for a week in an ocean front condo in Honokowai.

Last edited by bigdad; 06-05-2010 at 8:25 PM.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-07-2010, 11:50 AM Reply   
My fiance and I went in April of last year, we stayed at the Whaler in Kaanapali and loved it. It was just the 2 of us so we got a studio, which was great cause the bed was in the living room right in front of the big balcony doors overlooking the ocean. It also had a fridge and kitchen which saved a boatload of cash. It was about $120 a night I think, can't wait to go back....
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-08-2010, 9:10 AM Reply   
Kaanapali was awesome.
We stayed at the Whaler once and one of the other major resorts once, Hyatt or Marriott.
Lahaina was great too, it has lots of places to eat, drink and shop.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-09-2010, 8:14 AM Reply   
Kaanapali is good. Especially for first time Maui visitors. But I hate how crowded it is. 10 years ago, it was great. Now it feels like you are at Disneyland with how crowded it gets. Like I said to each his own. In Kaanapali you can walk the on the sidewalk that connects all the hotels. Whalers Village is a neat little tourist trap. Definitely a lot of plusses. But it is $$$$

For those who want to get away from the hustle of Kaanapali. Check out the Papakea or the Mahana. Honokowai is a little windier than Kaanapali but definitely feels more relaxing.