Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Website Feedback, Suggestions, Problems, Etc.

Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       03-03-2010, 3:18 PM Reply   
Just wondering if there is a way to know what posts/updates have been from the last time you viewed the website like the old site had?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-03-2010, 3:21 PM Reply   
There's a different colored folder on the threads that have new posts since your last visit. This is the substitute for the "new" image that was on the old site. There is a legend at the bottom of each page that tells what the icons mean.
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       03-04-2010, 6:29 AM Reply   
So the newest posted items don't go to the top and go down from there based on time? Looking at the folders, there are red and tan ones but they are scattered.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-04-2010, 9:48 AM Reply   
When you're in a thread, such as this one, the newer posts are attached to the bottom. There is an icon to the left of the posters name on each message that indicates whether the post is new (Name:  post_new.gif
Views: 620
Size:  529 Bytes) or old (Name:  post_old.gif
Views: 620
Size:  522 Bytes). Yellow indicates new and blue indicates old.

When you're on a thread listing page, which is one level above this one, threads with the latest posts will appear at the top and threads that haven't been posted to lately will fall to the bottom. There is an envelope icon to the far left of each thread that indicates whether or not that thread contains new posts. If the envelope is sealed (Name:  thread.gif
Views: 599
Size:  1.1 KB or Name:  thread_hot.gif
Views: 615
Size:  1.1 KB), there are no new posts. If the envelope is open with a message sticking out of it (Name:  thread_new.gif
Views: 587
Size:  1.2 KB or Name:  thread_hot_new.gif
Views: 604
Size:  1.2 KB), that tells you that there are new posts in that thread. The red color just tells you if the thread is "hot" (busy) or not. If you need a reminder as to what icon means what, there is a legend at the bottom of each page with thread listings.

Now in addition to the icon of the envelope with a message popping out the top (Name:  thread_new.gif
Views: 587
Size:  1.2 KB or Name:  thread_hot_new.gif
Views: 604
Size:  1.2 KB), the threads with new posts also have a down arrow icon (Name:  firstnew.gif
Views: 599
Size:  561 Bytes) at the beginning of the thread name. If you click this icon, it will take you directly to the newest post, which is a feature a lot of people had asked for in the old system.

I hope that clears it all up. A lot of this is just getting used to the way it works. So far I'm super impressed with how efficient this discussion board is.
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-04-2010, 6:19 PM Reply   
ANy chance of (or point me to) the "old" search all since last time I visited function?
Old     (admin)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-04-2010, 6:29 PM Reply   
Click "New Posts" on the blue bar at the top of the page.
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-04-2010, 9:41 PM Reply   
Those envelopes are confusing as all get out! How about we go back to plain old "New" for new posts in a thread? Simple and obvious.
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-05-2010, 6:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Thanks, but they need to be sorted by forum IMO....
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       03-05-2010, 6:35 AM Reply   
Dave, if that is the case then it isn't working right as I am on here daily and in the wakeboarding discussion group, there ar envelopes with letter sticking out from 2 days ago that I have already read and viewed.
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-05-2010, 4:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
This. ^ Ignore the envelopes.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-06-2010, 4:38 PM Reply   
We're still working out some kinks with the login stuff that might be causing your problem, so bear with us.
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-10-2010, 6:30 PM Reply   
I am wondering what classifies a thread as a Hot Post versus a normal Post. Those open red envelopes aren't actually enticing me to read that particular thread. The subject has to be something I am interested in. Envelope color has no bearing for me.