Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-20-2006, 5:04 AM Reply   
There is no heater output on my maxum v drive at idle. Above idle at say 1400rpm there is plenty of water flow and heat.

The engine is the mercruiser mag EFI. I've checked the raw water impellor and its fine, Ive back flused the heat hoses and there was no scale or restrictions.

I've ordered a new thermostat and impellor anyway and will see how that goes but has anyone had any experience of this?

Now no heater at idle really isn't that much of an issue but the heater water circuit also supplies the regulator for my propane conversion (the boat is dual fuel and runs on either gasoline or propane) and without a decent flow of hot water the regulator freezes up and I have to switch back to expensive gasoline which is a bummer!

Old     (wesgardner)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-20-2006, 5:36 AM Reply   
Hey Jay,

skiDIM sells a "y" fitting that apparently takes care of some of this issue on some boats. You may want to have a word with them (VERY knowledgeable folks)

Wes
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-20-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
Cheers, I'll shoot them a mail.

Thanks

Jay
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-20-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
We also offer the low RPM adapter.