Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-23-2011, 5:13 PM Reply   
Maybe many of you have had good experiences with adrenaline watersports online store, unfortunately the one time I chose to deal with them bit me in the butt...

Mike is the most unprofessional dude I've ever dealt with. Anyway, I won't go into details but I just want to send out a little buyer beware...

If you plan on dealing with these guys be prepared to be treated like shiz
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-23-2011, 6:20 PM Reply   
Thanks for the heads up.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-23-2011, 6:30 PM Reply   
come on this is wakeworld!!! we need details!!! Never heard of adrenaline watersports but since you have already called the dude out online, you might as well back the story up so we can know you are really a victim of an online scam but we can also possibly get to hear a rebuttal incase he trolls the forums
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-23-2011, 6:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_L View Post
since you have already called the dude out online, you might as well back the story up
Absolutely agree with this. There's nothing wrong with calling someone out, but you'd better back it up with one hell of a story.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-23-2011, 7:00 PM Reply   
It wasn't any kind of scam or anything, just don't like the way they treat people. Basically they had a pair of bindings on ebay that I am somewhat interested in. I wear a size nine foot and the bindings were a LF size 8-9. In their ad they stated they do not accept returns of any kind. Since I was a little nervous they might be a little too tight (local boardshop does not have any LF boots size 8-9. They told me they are too hard to sell) I thought I may as well send them an email to see if they will work a bit on the price since I would have no way of returning them. Also, the season is winding down so I thought it would be a good opportunity for them to get them off the shelf.

I sent him an email wondering if they could work at all on the price... they basically told me to f off. I sent them another email wondering why they had to be so rude and that their reply wasn't very professional and he basically told me to shove it.

I sent back a few choice words and left it at that.

It's not like I was trying to steal the bindings from them, but was only seeing if they could work a little on the price. Apparently they couldn't which is fine, but that's all he had to say. I would have no problem paying their asking price IF I was able to return them or swap them out if they didn't fit but that was not an option. I understand they are business and need to make money but geez

Anyway, just needed to vent a bit. I am not one to throw anybody under the bus but this guy just left a super sour taste in my mouth
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-23-2011, 7:06 PM Reply   
maybe I was wrong to ask for any kind of a discount... the dude just acted like a 12 year old punk kid. That's what had me so wound up. Like I said before, I'm sure many have had great experiences with them... I didn't
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-23-2011, 7:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by beleza View Post
It wasn't any kind of scam or anything, just don't like the way they treat people. Basically they had a pair of bindings on ebay that I am somewhat interested in. I wear a size nine foot and the bindings were a LF size 8-9. In their ad they stated they do not accept returns of any kind. Since I was a little nervous they might be a little too tight (local boardshop does not have any LF boots size 8-9. They told me they are too hard to sell) I thought I may as well send them an email to see if they will work a bit on the price since I would have no way of returning them. Also, the season is winding down so I thought it would be a good opportunity for them to get them off the shelf.

I sent him an email wondering if they could work at all on the price... they basically told me to f off. I sent them another email wondering why they had to be so rude and that their reply wasn't very professional and he basically told me to shove it.

I sent back a few choice words and left it at that.

It's not like I was trying to steal the bindings from them, but was only seeing if they could work a little on the price. Apparently they couldn't which is fine, but that's all he had to say. I would have no problem paying their asking price IF I was able to return them or swap them out if they didn't fit but that was not an option. I understand they are business and need to make money but geez

Anyway, just needed to vent a bit. I am not one to throw anybody under the bus but this guy just left a super sour taste in my mouth
Sounds like he's a bit sensitive to someone asking for a discount.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-23-2011, 7:38 PM Reply   
first of all, which LF boot (style and year) and how much was the price and what did you ask for?
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-23-2011, 10:38 PM Reply   
'11 LF Watson boots sz 8-9. Price was $249+shipping which I know is a decent price and honestly I probably would have bought them for that if it came down to it. I sent him an email to see if there was anyway he could do $215+shipping. Seems he didn't like me even asking...

If he would would have came back and said sorry the best we can do is $249 there would have been no problem and most likely I would have snatched em up anyway

In hindsight this seems like such a small issue, but for some reason the way he came across just got me fuming.

I have bought most of my gear online for the past five years or so and most of the time I shoot an email to the seller to see if they have any wiggle room (I'm sorry but gear is expensive) and sometimes they budge some, sometimes they don't. No harm in asking though
Old     (02s2knick)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-24-2011, 2:15 AM Reply   
I don't blame you for asking for a lower discount it's apart of the fun of purchasing new gear... Haggling on price. But the guy clearly isn't professional and or is to sensitive, like you said he should have said sorry can't sell it for that price instead of being a dick.

Like lately ive been trying to contact this boat place about a 2001 model ski Nautique and the guy has been very hard to deal with. (asking price is WAY to high for the condition the boat is on, it's a project boat and a half!!)
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-24-2011, 11:27 AM Reply   
Hahaha this is too good! Do you still have the emails and could you copy/paste them up here? I gotta see this..
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-24-2011, 1:09 PM Reply   
I can't speak to your specific situation or interactions you had with Mike, but Adrenaline is my "home" wakeboard shop and my experiences have been the opposite of yours. I have shopped there regularly for the last 5-6 years and have found Mike and his entire staff to be helpful, professional, and they always go the extra mile, not just for me, but everyone I know who shops there.

Whatever happened between you and Mike happened, but it's worth letting people know that others have had very different experiences with Mike and Adrenaline Sports.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-24-2011, 1:41 PM Reply   
eaglejackson: He never said he dealt with Mike, so from the sounds of it, some little full of themselves grommit that was left in charge of internet sales that day.
Should be something brought up with the owner of the shop so at least he can sort out the situation if it wasn't him.

There's no excuse to be rude..... especially to someone haggling for prices on an auction site, isn't that kinda the point?
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-24-2011, 1:54 PM Reply   
In the first post, Brycejay said: "Mike is the most unprofessional dude I've ever dealt with."

Mike's not here to tell his side of the story. I don't know what happened between Brycejay and Mike (or whomever at Adrenaline) . It could very well happened as Brycejay describes. My point, however, is that my experiences with Mike and Adrenaline have been the opposite.

Last edited by eaglejackson; 09-24-2011 at 2:02 PM.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-24-2011, 2:29 PM Reply   
I never understand how some people who work in sales can be such ********s. I have no comment on this particular situation, but every time I get the runaround from a company or get some bitchy little attitude from a salesman I just shake my head and think, "Damn, there are so many people out there who would love to have your job and would do it so much better than you."

Such is the world, I guess :/
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-24-2011, 2:52 PM Reply   
Eagle Jackson,

It's good to know that other people have had good experiences with these guys and Mike in particular. They seem to have a pretty good trck record on ebay so maybe I just caught them on an off day...

I'm not trying to put the hurt on anyone's business or anything, just giving my personal experience.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-24-2011, 3:01 PM Reply   
I have to look through my desk and find my LF proform but I believe that $249 is cost for the Watson's. Basically he is making zero profit off of these, he is just trying to not lose the $250 he paid for them.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-24-2011, 4:59 PM Reply   
i have to somewhat agree with the proshop here. i was expecting you to say the bindings were 2-3 years old or something. but $249 for this years gear is a great price, and the watsons are not some beginner model, highly sought after. probaly frustrated that he posted them for a killer price trying to help someone out, and your question in his eyes maybe seemed not good enough. sounds like he didnt handle it properly at all. but i see his side.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-24-2011, 5:03 PM Reply   
oh, my bad, Eagle..... was before the first coffee of the morning haha.
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-24-2011, 5:38 PM Reply   
Brycejay -- clearly Mike should not have been rude to you. Maybe he was having a bad day. Or whatever, but it shouldn't happen.
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-24-2011, 5:43 PM Reply   
Mike's been in the ski / wakeboard industry a long time, say 20 years. He knows the people at CWB, Hyperlite, Ronix super well -- they are all local here in Seattle. Herb O'Brien, for example, is regularly in the store. He's a good guy and I consider him a friend, so it makes me feel bad to hear that he treated someone poorly.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-25-2011, 8:12 PM Reply   
too bad man. I have a few of the Drysuits the make and sell. I have never had anything but good customer service!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-26-2011, 7:31 AM Reply   
i have a pair of 2011 Watson Closed Toes size 9-10 and I can send them to you for $225 shipped. Brand new worn once. Too Big. NO RETURNS!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-26-2011, 8:09 AM Reply   
The thread is BS. I don't know the first thing about AS, but to post this because they wouldn't lower their price makes you look like the idiot. I really don't see anything to beware of. And you implied far worse IMO in your first post than really happened.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       09-26-2011, 7:12 PM Reply   
^+1