Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-11-2010, 12:44 PM Reply   
I remember reading about this somewhere, but cant find the thread in spite of many search attempts.

I just added an onboard battery charger and am looking at a thru hull plug - female on the inside and waterproof male on the exterior of the hull. Would like to just plug the charger into the inlet inside the motor compartment, and be able to plug in an extension cord thru this connector/inlet.

Anyone know of one?
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-11-2010, 12:54 PM Reply   
Go to West Marine.com and type in "shore Power" Your page will populate with many options for through-hull power options.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-11-2010, 1:14 PM Reply   
precisely what i did. But cant find one that has a female connector on the onboard side. Most seem to be wired contacts rather than plug your charger into the inlet, then plug your cord into the exterior side...
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-11-2010, 1:40 PM Reply   
You can either cut the plug end off your charger and hard wire it, or wire a female plug onto the thru hull inside.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-11-2010, 1:46 PM Reply   
yeah, that's what Im gonna have to do. Lots more searching - still cant find one...thanks
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-11-2010, 7:29 PM Reply   
like this? http://www.amazon.com/ProMariner-AC-Plug-Holder-White/dp/B0010TUJK6
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-12-2010, 7:27 AM Reply   
Yeah that one just holds the male end of the plug. You then pull it thru the inlet and connect the cord to the original plug. I may use this and just mount it in a rear locker. I'd prefer to have a waterproof one mounted thru hull and just plug a cord into it...
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-20-2010, 7:51 PM Reply   
Saw this one at bass pro today. Hope this helps:
http://www.amazon.com/Marinco-150BBI-Marine-Charger-125-Volt/dp/B000NI38MG
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-20-2010, 8:15 PM Reply   
Thanks - I am thinking about going with that one. They also make one in white, which would match the gel coat where i want to install it. thanks again. Great forum here when you have guys thinking bout stuff at cabelas or bass pros etc and it occurs to them that it may help someone out. Great that we can help each other out, and I truly appreciate it!