Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2006, 9:04 PM Reply   
Hey wht are your opinions?

Thanks,
Zach
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-10-2006, 9:09 PM Reply   
cant afford either, but i got enough canon glass to keep me from making the switch any time soon...

when you get up to camera bodies as good as the 20D/30D and D70/D80, its more about the photographer than it is the camera body IMO. the difference between those bodies simply comes down to a canon/nikon debate, and we all know that canon is better
Old     (oldschoolripper)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-10-2006, 11:20 PM Reply   
well put scott.

They are both great cameras. If you already own glass of one brand or another it's an easy choice. If not, I suggest studying up on www.dpreview.com to help you decide.

Me, I'm a Canon man. I'm married to this L glass. But I have shot with Nikons and they're great too....
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-11-2006, 4:21 AM Reply   
If you want a camera now, you're better off going with the Canon or D70.
The D80 won't be available until maybe Sept/Oct. Hopefully you've put yourself on a waiting list.
D80 $999.

we all know that canon is better...Scott a you shouldn't say "we" when you have a gerbil in your pocket
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-11-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
Yes, Nikon does make excellent cameras but as far as sports is concerned Canon definately has an advantage.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-11-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
I dunno about that one....Ecco Challenge, Kentucky derby....
Yes I know for the world cup they were all over the place. But it just ends up being a regional thing in the long run.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-11-2006, 1:53 PM Reply   
The real reason Canon painted their lenses white is obvious when you see a shot of the shooters at any major sports event - 90% of the lenses are white and at least half of the remaining are usually sigmas or tamrons on Canon bodies.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-11-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
the Kentucky Derby might have been sponsored by Nikon but I assure you that the majority of professional photographers there were shooting on Canon equipment.