Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-22-2006, 9:57 PM Reply   
}}all of these bad falls on kite tubes seam to be on the wego kite tube not manta ray. i went on my friends manta ray and everything was fine except for my friends brother who also came did it and he flipped the tube over in mid air and fell. he hit his back and was knocked out. no injuries other than him being knocked out. any other reports of injuries on sevylor manta ray.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-23-2006, 1:08 AM Reply   
neither...
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-23-2006, 7:17 AM Reply   
tubing is wrong.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-23-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
If you are gonna ride tubes or any towable, get a kite tube. The sooner we can kill off the tubers, the better
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-23-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
totally agree Jeff, I think a group buy on WW would be just fine. If you see a tuber, go over to them, and give them a kite tube. Increasing water quality one tuber at a time
Old     (skier86)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-23-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
I don't like tubing, I always get hurt. Plus it's not as fun a wakeboarding. I rode a kitetube with a big skull and crossbone on it. I swear I must of been 20-25 feet in the air and when I came down, it flipped on me and it knocked the wind out of me and hurt my shoulder. No more wakeboarding for the week.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-23-2006, 11:36 AM Reply   
"no injuries other than him being knocked out."

being knocked out is a pretty serious injury. We tend to think getting KO'ed is ok because it happens to professional boxers all the time. In actuallity it should be followed up with medical treatment. Do a google search on "boxer punch drunk" and "second impact syndrome" ...
Old     (sroot1)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-23-2006, 4:17 PM Reply   
It Is a Brain Injury! Check out the various symptoms!
http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/tbi.htm
Everyone Is different and how they are affected.
Do not ignore what your body might be telling you!
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-23-2006, 4:29 PM Reply   
the kid that got KO-ed said he hit his back?? Any reports on people hitting their backs and getting KO-ed?
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-23-2006, 4:46 PM Reply   
Do some research on head injuries. Alot of them occur from blows that are not inflicted on the head.

Picture your brain as a big bowl of jello, upside down in your head. It moves a lot like that. Even if you don't take a blow directly on the head, the jello moves/shifts, and slams against the skull. That is what usually cause a concussion.

If you ride any type of "towable", ya it's cool your just being "knocked out". Don't worry about it.

Sorry just showing my hatered towards anything "towable"
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-23-2006, 10:22 PM Reply   
*** THE WEGO KITE TUBE HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY RECALLED IN BOTH THE USA AND CANADA. THEY ARE BEING FULLY REFUNDED. ***
Old    jrb04x9            07-23-2006, 10:37 PM Reply   
Just saw one in Shasta, guy must have been 25 feet high. Good thing they are recalled, it seemed way to risky, especially with all the idiots that like to cut you off etc.