Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    mia            06-04-2005, 10:43 AM Reply   
Has anybody that rode the new 142 era yet ? If so I was wondering how it compared to the older 140 (previous premier.

thanks !!!
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-04-2005, 11:57 AM Reply   
Hey mike, talk to Lisa's brother, he rides a Era.
he may be there tomorrow with us.
Old    clubjoeskier            06-04-2005, 12:00 PM Reply   
Hey Mike, long time no talk to!! Thanks again for the pulls!

I know a guy that has ridden one and said it was, for the most part, the same board, but tracked a little better because of the ridges running along the length of the board. No first hand knowledge, though.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-04-2005, 3:06 PM Reply   
Its smoother and faster, rides cleaner. Its similar but better.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-05-2005, 3:00 PM Reply   
Mike,

I just bought the 147 after demoing 142. I tested numerous three stage boards Substance, Subject, Blade, Ricky G Gator, and the Byerly. I had ridden the old Premier and hated it, but when I got on the ERA it was just as Kristian says. It's a much smoother board than before. I really like the Substance as well, but the ERA has really soft landings and that's what sold me.

If you demo, try the 147. It's a big board, but it takes you big every time, and landing in the flats is a breeze.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-05-2005, 5:41 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, the 147 is the way to go, I love that size.
Old    mia            06-05-2005, 8:43 PM Reply   
mucho thanks everyone !!!