Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-04-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
I get my 2009 Moomba catalog today, and I'm carefully studying and enjoying each page when I come to a page with "Moomba Team Riders" as the headline.

Ok cool. I'm expecting the usual shots of the team...

There's photos of pro slalom skier Terry Winter, pro wakeboarder Dave Briscoe, pro wakeboarder kyle Schmidt and Russ Wilde. Nice photos of all the athletes.

Then it catches my eye. Holy Heck!!!! (I didn't really say "heck")

on page #7, it states: "Pro Wakesurfer Russ Wilde" and with a great photo of Russ shooting the crest of a wave!!

I couldn't believe it, I had to do a double take to make sure I was seein' what I thought I was seein'.

Skiers Choice, you sure have come a long ways from the days when we (The American Wakesurfing Association) petionted you to remove the wakesurfing warnings from the websight to now publishing photos of team athletes surfing in your sales catalog.

I'm all teary eyed and verklempt. You guys make me so proud.

I love you, man!

Just out of curiosity, Is this a hint that you have future plans to sponsor pro wakesurfers?
Old    surfdad            10-04-2008, 12:11 PM Reply   
Props to SC! Ed? Verklempt?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-04-2008, 12:18 PM Reply   
Verklempt, thats funny. I can see babs now. Like buttah.
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-04-2008, 12:20 PM Reply   
Yes, Jeff. Verklempt :-)

My new boat is presently being built - an entirely redesigned 2009 Moomba Outback V.

Skiers Choice is posting daily progress photos of it on the general forum of their bulletin board.

Its a thread called "Ed G is expecting".

The new hull is shorter, wider and deeper and supposed to be a really decent surf boat. Rumour is the ballast bags will fill in 4 minutes!

Next time you and James are in O-do...call me.

You can give the new boat a review.