Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-26-2011, 11:46 AM Reply   
It's a damn good movie, one of the best I've seen in quite awhile...recommended to fellow WW'ers.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-28-2011, 7:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendow View Post
It's a damn good movie, one of the best I've seen in quite awhile...recommended to fellow WW'ers.
Watch the Euro version for full effect.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-28-2011, 8:03 AM Reply   
The trailers look great. I want to see it with the Mrs. Last night, we went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie with my family. Great movie. Better than the first!
Old     (jps912)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-28-2011, 9:55 AM Reply   
I really liked the movie. I had no idea what to expect since I have not read the book or seen the Euro Version. It is for sure one of the best movies Ive seen in a long time.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-28-2011, 10:19 AM Reply   
The book was great. Hopefully the movie doesn't disappoint.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-30-2011, 7:32 AM Reply   
The book was good...slow start, but ended up being pretty good. I am going to try and see the movie this weekend and it sounds like it won't disappoint
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-30-2011, 7:39 AM Reply   
I agree with Sean. There are three of these Euro movies in the series. They were all pretty decent.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-02-2012, 5:02 PM Reply   
Yeah the book was slow starting, didn't get into it until 80 pages or so, then I was hooked and read all three. Can't wait to go see the movie. Anyone know if they're planning to do all 3?
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-02-2012, 7:13 PM Reply   
Saw the movie. It was good and brutal. Really loved the chick.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-02-2012, 8:42 PM Reply   
I couldnt make it to the 80 page mark of the book before going on to something else that kept my attention a little better. Maybe i should give it another shot. Should I read the book then see the movie or am I good to watch the movie in the mean time?
Old     (sports_gurl)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-02-2012, 9:01 PM Reply   
Read the books!!! They were so good. The movie is good.... but nothing like a good book. Its hard to get through the first half of the first book, but the next 2 you will fly through... then you will have withdrawal. Those books started me reading fiction again.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-04-2012, 1:07 PM Reply   
Went and saw it last night, absolutely loved it! Having read the books nothing stuck out to me that was left out. I thought they covered everything very well, and Daniel Craig and Salander were both amazing and perfect in their roles IMO. I forgot how the book left you hanging until last night, can't wait for the next, it made me want to re-read the book!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-06-2012, 2:23 PM Reply   
Good to know the books are so great. I just got a Nook with all three books in the series for Christmas and I'll be starting them after I finish The Hunger Games.
Old     (jcfox00)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-06-2012, 6:51 PM Reply   
Just a warning, it is very graphic! Did not expect it and had no research before seeing it.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       01-06-2012, 10:36 PM Reply   
Just got home from seeing this movie and it was great. I haven't read any of the books but I'm in the process of getting them now.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-07-2012, 10:35 PM Reply   
There's a russian version, made in 2009, on Netflix now - for those who don't mind reading subtitles and cannot get to the movies.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-08-2012, 2:10 PM Reply   
Well, I'm nursing a bum shoulder, so last night and today I watched the orginal movie on Netflix. It was good, full of twists and with an underestimated ending. It'll be interesting seeing the remake in english.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-09-2012, 8:19 AM Reply   
I thought the move was slow. I had a hard time staying awake.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-14-2012, 9:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardingdad View Post
russian version,
Sorry, I was wrong. I guess this was actually the version everyone was calling Euro since it is Swedish. I do not know my languages, but it did sound like Russian. I watched the Girl Who Played with Fire last night and this AM. It was pretty good but did drag in a few places.