Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-30-2005, 11:04 AM Reply   
I got to see the '06 X2 in action today at the INT competition in Knoxville today. Besides some problems with PerfectPass, it was very impressive. As soon as I get a chance, I'll post some pictures of it (gotta love the orange & white, go Vols!). I wasn't big on the color layouts (the white block in the back with X2 Mastercraft written in it and the rest of the boat as Orange) at first, but it grew on me real quick. By the end of the competition, I couldn't wait to get a look inside of it. Just thought I'd share
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       07-30-2005, 4:53 PM Reply   
was it a picklefork??
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-30-2005, 6:02 PM Reply   
Yup
Old    oshensurfer            07-30-2005, 7:08 PM Reply   
Guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'm not a huge fan of the pickle fork. Maybe it's cuz I hate pickles.....
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-30-2005, 7:36 PM Reply   
Well, it seems as though my girlfriend has misplaced the photos of the '06 X2. I'm sorry bout any foregone excitement. I'll try my best to make it to Mastercraft this week and grab a picture of it.
Old    dahui            07-30-2005, 7:44 PM Reply   
"Guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'm not a huge fan of the pickle fork. Maybe it's cuz I hate pickles....."

If you hate pickes you should like the pickle fork because that is what you use to stab them with.
Old    jlm            07-31-2005, 9:46 AM Reply   
GO Vols!
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-31-2005, 6:12 PM Reply   
National championship this year, baby!!!! Can't wait!

Ok, we now return you to our regularly scheduled thread.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-31-2005, 10:00 PM Reply   
so where are the pics? My MC dealer doesn't even have any and there using one in a comp?
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       07-31-2005, 11:52 PM Reply   
I would assume it is one of the first production models since they were using it in a Tennessee event.
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-01-2005, 8:52 AM Reply   
I can vouche for Cody's description of the 2006 X-2. I was towing my 2000 X-5 over a bridge in Clemson, SC on Saturday afternoon and saw an orange/white pickle-fork boat that was pretty much all orange with a white block on the back that said X-2 on it. It looked pretty sweet in the water, much better than the pics I've seen of the projected look.

It kind of threw me at first as I could not believe what I was seeing since I didn't think they were even out yet...but I guess some dealership had one and was trying it out.

Anyway, sweet boat...sure to be popular with MC fans.
Old     (djhuff)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-01-2005, 10:09 AM Reply   
I can't wait to learn more about it, I think this may be the boat for me. I have heard some great things about the boat and it's wake.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-01-2005, 7:39 PM Reply   
This has probably been shared already, but this is the 06 X2. I believe it's exactly the same as the one at the Knoxville INT except it was orange instead of red

Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-01-2005, 8:32 PM Reply   
Sick Boat! Lame Graphics IMO!
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-01-2005, 8:48 PM Reply   
I went to my local MC dealer today and found out that they will have an X1 for 2006 which is basically a scaled down version of the 05 X2 for around 43K! The above X2 will be a bit larger but he had no specs yet. Pretty interesting. The X1 seems like it would be a great buy. Looks like MC's answer to the V ride.
Old     (wrgodsend)      Join Date: May 2005       08-01-2005, 10:08 PM Reply   
Graphics don't do a thing for me
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-02-2005, 7:40 AM Reply   
someone at the tournament HAD to of taken some pictures of the boat. anyone have some? i have seen the above picture before, just looking for other pictures.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-02-2005, 9:54 AM Reply   
If no one posts any, I'll drive up to the Mastercraft factory and get some shots of it. I'm sure it's sitting out there somewhere.
Old    wickedwake            08-02-2005, 10:01 AM Reply   
The X-1 is the pre 06 X-2.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       08-02-2005, 10:03 AM Reply   
Cody, Did you guys get to ride behind it? Whats the wake like? Is the wake the same shape as the x-star, just smaller?

Jethro- No price on the 06 X-2?
Old    oshensurfer            08-02-2005, 10:17 AM Reply   
Jethro,
What do you mean scaled down? Isn't it the same boat but just stripped of all the options, like MCX, KGB Triple, PP, etc?

You don't mean size wise do you?

(Message edited by oshensurfer on August 02, 2005)
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-02-2005, 11:44 AM Reply   
Bg, anyone could have rode behind it. I didn't sign up to ride in this competition, so no, I didn't get to ride behind it. I had a friend who was just up to ride, and then the problems with Perfect Pass started. He had to ride behind an '06 Tige, not that he complained, but it would have been cool to ride behind the X2.

I heard nothing but good things about the X2 wake from the beginners who got to ride behind it. By the time Intermediate riders were up, the Tige was the boat they were using.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       08-02-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
That sucks! How did he like the 06 Tige? The 22ve is a new hull, I want to see that too.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-02-2005, 2:03 PM Reply   
They had a couple of the 06 Tige's out there, he didn't have too much to say about it. He was more disappointed about not getting to ride behind the X2. If he said anything about it, I didn't catch it.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-02-2005, 2:09 PM Reply   
BG-no price on the X2. He didnt really have any info on it just that it was pickle fork and a bit bigger than the 05 X2. He thought it would be a smaller version of the X Star.

Scott-no not size, basically what you mentioned by cutting back on some of the bells and whistles. No PP, it did have a ballast (left, right, center) but not sure KGB or not. Im not very fond of the graphics on the X1. Pics are on the other post. Looks a little generic.
Old    wickedwake            08-02-2005, 3:17 PM Reply   
No PP? That is kinda retarted... I would cut out on ballast long time b4 PP
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-02-2005, 5:21 PM Reply   
I heard 39995 for the X1 with a tower, pp and trailer (single axle). I heard this from a dealer cause I may have the green light from the wife for a boat...
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       08-02-2005, 7:06 PM Reply   
Perfect Pass isnt that important. I have it and its great, but holding speed isnt hard at all if your a good driver. The only time holding speed is hard is when you are adjusting a wakeplate or something of that matter
Old    orgborn            08-02-2005, 9:26 PM Reply   
hey damned04 wait till you get a girlfriend and try to have her drive then you wil realize why pp is so important
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-02-2005, 10:18 PM Reply   
Well said Mike. PP is definately a must have. I dont have one but wish I did just about every time someone pulls me. I will be getting one soon and it will be a must have for the next boat I buy. I know this one had no PP because it had two speedos and I thought that was odd.

Socalrider-That seems about right on the price. I think its a great buy. I think this one was around 41K - 43K, cant remember exactly. It did have the dual axle MC trailer which I know bumps up price. Anyway seems like a great buy for the same hull as 05 X2 that supposedly throws a killer wake.
Old    oshensurfer            08-03-2005, 10:16 AM Reply   
I'd say it's a decent buy. But my guess is that it gets right back up there in price when you add back the basics. Must have's for me if I went with a new X1 are: In no particular order.
-racks
-triple ballast
-PP
-depth finder
-MCX
-dual axle

Put those together and my bet is it's back at or above the pricing of an X2 now. It seems gimmicky to me.
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-03-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
VRIDE is the same way. Add up the "must have" options and its no longer an "entry level" boat. Maybe entry level Malibu, but not compared to other entry level type boats.

I went to my local malibu dealer, added a trailer and the options you listed above and it quickly was not a 38k boat...Sure look nice though
Old    bambamski            08-03-2005, 12:52 PM Reply   
Just upgrade the enginge to the MCX and you get the MC speed control. You don't need PP anymore
Old    robertt            08-03-2005, 1:31 PM Reply   
I have been in a boat with the speed control on the MCX...it works well. Its not perfect pass, but its great for wakeboarding.

The MCX is the only engine they should offer on the X1.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-03-2005, 1:49 PM Reply   
Personally, my MC speed control works WAY better than my Perfect Pass did. Only complaint, it won't let you hammer it to throw a tight double-up in the delta.
Old    robertt            08-03-2005, 2:11 PM Reply   
J-rod. I forgot when I used it. Does it allow you to set and forget, or do you need to hit a button every time you get to the right speed?
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-03-2005, 2:12 PM Reply   
robert - even though i still dont quite understand the new speew control concept, why do you say its great for wakeboarding but its no perfect pass? what are you saying are the disadvantages to it?
Old    robertt            08-03-2005, 2:21 PM Reply   
Well, I will comment about perfect pass on a few points, and hopefully a CURRENT user of the other system can compare.

Perfect pass:

1. Can be set RPM or speed. I personally like the speed because it increases and decreases the RPM when we turn...which on a 750acre lake we do alot. Maybe its not an issue, I have not tried the other.

2. You can tell me you want to be pulled at 20.5, and I can set it while you are getting your binding on. I don't have to watch the speedo...ever.

3. You can change the speed by 1/5th mph increments as needed with perfect pass.

4. You can speed up or slow down manually if needed. Sometimes I like to speed up to about 27 or 30 mph across the lake to get somewhere, or to give a rider a little sling when he will let go and glide over to a dock. I dont remember if you can do that with the MC system.

On the other hand, the MC system is simple and comes on the best motor I have seen....I would definitely not have bought perfect pass if the newer system was an option. My boat is an 04 that I just purchases, the new system didn't come out until 05 on my engine.

I do love perfect pass though, it or something like it should be mandatory.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       08-03-2005, 3:42 PM Reply   
Ok, lets be honest how many marriages has PP saved? It's essential! unless you want to sell your boat to pay for divorce attorney's!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-04-2005, 1:53 PM Reply   
Robert: The MC system does everything you just said, plus you can turn it on and off on the fly. The MPH increments are .2 and you can change RPM or Speed. It displays the speed you are set at in the center of the speedo and tells you when you have accelerated and locked into speed. IMO the MC system is near perfect and has 0 additional parts.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       08-04-2005, 2:34 PM Reply   
How about that Picture??

I am pretty curious.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-04-2005, 2:51 PM Reply   
me too!!!!
Old    robertt            08-04-2005, 2:53 PM Reply   
CIE....

If thats the case, then its even better than I expected. Very cool.

Just to confirm, you CAN set a speed while at idle, then throttle up and it will automatically take over?

It was brand new when I saw it, and I dont think the dealer knew exactly how to use it. We got the boat up to speed then hit the button to lock it in.

Turning perfect pass off sucks...the only way I know how to do it is to hit the button twice then it beeps for about ten seconds. Drives me nuts.

Also, I cant tell you how many times I have taken off and forgot to turn it on...then there is nothing I can do about it.

Other than those two things, I love my perfect pass.
Old    grud8            08-05-2005, 12:04 AM Reply   
Why don't you guys just teach your wives to drive properly? My wife is a better driver than any of my friends and that includes guys that have been driving a ski boat for many years. Its all about the instructor. She trailers it better than I do for the most part(not when there is a current or wind.)