Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    dclems            03-27-2005, 10:46 PM Reply   
i rode my argon's for the first time this year. from the start i didn't really like the R.A.P.P.S. (rapid-adjust pivoting plate system) got in from riding noticed my front foot was pointed out a little more then i usually have it set, turns out i broke the teeth off of one of the clamps. no probs w/ obrien they sent a replacement out right away, just curious if anybody else is having these problems and if there's any way around them i.e.-don't tighten them too much, u know... lemme know
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-27-2005, 10:56 PM Reply   
Dan,

I ride the Radons. I have not had this problem. I am a tall guy with a lot of leverage between my knee and foot. I really wreched down the Rapps. As tight as I could get them. I can see how that would happen. I happens with snowboard bindings, and it happened to me several years back when I was on Hyperlite. Make sure you wrench them down.
Old    dclems            03-27-2005, 11:33 PM Reply   
thanks for the input, i'm 6'2 have the same kind of leverage, i'll make sure to tighten them as much as possible. i'm thinking i broke them when i was getting whipped, i caught a nose and was torn right out of my boots, hopefully no more problems the rest of the year.
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-28-2005, 3:05 PM Reply   
Dan - Our first run of clamps were made incorrectly. We got 99% of them replaced before they went to customers - you must be the lucky 1%! Anyways, Look at the top side of the replacement clamps near the teeth vs the originals & you can see how much beefier they are than the originals.

If you have any other issues let me know but you should be good to go - no way the new clamps are breaking so make sure they are good & tight! chrisj@obrien.com

(Message edited by team_o on March 28, 2005)
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-28-2005, 3:11 PM Reply   
Chris,

I love it when manufacturers' come clean about their products. You just raised the level for the rest! Congratulations, you've just won another customer.

Bruce
Old    dclems            04-01-2005, 2:17 PM Reply   
Just wanted to thank chris and the guys a obrien, i got my new clamps today and they look much better. i'm gonna have a tough time breaking these. plus they got them to me fast!! which means i get to ride this weekend! thanks again
Old    rattler            04-02-2005, 1:11 AM Reply   
So how do you know if you have he old 05 clamps or a new ones then?
I have just purchased a Player 138 with Argon bindings, but I am based in Oz and I am not sure if I am going to have problems with mine now.
So far they seem OK.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-02-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
you know you can use the x-head screws that came with the bindings in stead of the RAPPS. I found that I can get them super tight if you tighten them with a Long #2 Screw Driver. Much Tighter than with the thumb screws.
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-02-2005, 12:25 PM Reply   
Chris, THAT is service!, I think it is great that you are on here reppin' for O'Brien, that totally just raised O'Brien's status in my book.

Oh, I've got an old Flux 142 from like 2000, or '01 and it is delaminating on the bottom...you wanna do somethin' about that?