Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-10-2012, 6:39 AM Reply   
For those of us in Canada that are close to a Princess Auto you can pick up a boat cover for a great price. The one in the pictures is for a 22-24ft boat ($160). I was surprised I could get it over the folded tower, but I thought the pressure on the hing points might tear it, so I made the cuts for the tower. I still need to make velcro strips and webbing to rip-stop the cuts. As well, I was going to add a 1" strap and ratchet to the circumference. The sewing can be done on a home machine with thicker polyester or nylon thread. Even including the ratchet, the total price will be less than $200.

Old     (Giddyup)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-10-2012, 7:02 AM Reply   
god bless PA for there price and return policy
looks good im going to check my local shop this morning
post a pic after you do the ratchet strap
i would like to do the same thing to mine

thanks
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       09-10-2012, 10:04 AM Reply   
Frank, are you towing this with it or is it just to cover it while in the driveway of your mansion :-)
Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-10-2012, 11:09 AM Reply   
Fully towable.
Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-24-2012, 6:26 PM Reply   
It was a lot more sewing than I expected. With the cover being so low in the front, I may still have to shorten the around the boat strap in the front a few inches. Also, I may need to put a few more darts to bring in the material. However, with the straps to the trailer, it holds it in place very well when driving.

Here are the finished pictures.

Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       09-24-2012, 7:13 PM Reply   
Not a big fan of most wraps.... But that boat is beautiful. good work on the tarp to btw!