Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old                02-09-2010, 5:23 PM Reply   
I've been riding a LF Fish for a while and may need a new board this season. I haven’t rode any new shapes for a long time and don’t know where to start when demo time comes. Generally, I like the speed and consistency of a continuous rocker. I also like a loose boards and usually ride my Fish without fins. I notice much of LF is three stage now. Any suggestions for the LF line.

I'm going to try some flex boards too (slingshot / company), but since I haven’t rode one yet, I’m not ready to even think about buying one until I see if I like it.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-09-2010, 6:30 PM Reply   
if you like a fast loose board, you might want to check out the lyman if you want to stick with liquid force, it rides very similar to the fish. even though the lyman is a 3 stage, it doesnt feel like one at all.

and if your looking at flex, ive ridden the company severance and the company recruit, both are supper sick! the severance has tons of pop, is loose as hell while flat, but is locked in while on edge, thats what im riding now. and its the fastest 3 stage deck ive ever been on. i was suprised how fast it actually was. its an all around fun board, i could take a full set just buttering around on that board and doing presses and have just as much fun as i would jumping.
the recruit is really fun to ride as well. its supper easy to ollie. and i think its the most consistant board ive ever ridden. very fast as well. it has a bunch of pop to. when i hit the wake the first time, i couldnt believe how much it booted me upward, fealt very much like a 3 stages with all the perks of being a continuous rocker board.

and as im sure you have read, the flex boards land supper soft if you land a little tail heavy. and ive landed tail heavy on every board ive ever ridden, so it works out great for me. its one of the reasons i switched to flex.
to be honest ive never really popped anything huge, and all the traditional boards ive ridden that supposedly land supper soft, are brutal on my back and knees due to the way i land. so landing on flex boards rock for me. i have more fun all around on flex. if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-09-2010, 6:52 PM Reply   
09 murray
(board info starts after about 50 seconds)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOdZIFoV3lM
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       02-10-2010, 7:21 PM Reply   
Try the LF Groove. I used to ride the Fish and have moved on to the Groove and found it to be pretty similar. It's not quite as wide as the Fish, but it is nice and loose. It's Colin Harrinton's new pro model.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-11-2010, 12:02 AM Reply   
I just went from a 2001 LF Trip to a 2009 LF Lyman. I asked a similar question recently on WW, and got sold on the Lyman (partially because of price). I'm going out for the first time with the new board this monday, and I will let you know my thoughts. I'm no pro, but I'm really looking forward to finding out how much the board makes a difference compared to rider stance and ability. My original thought was getting air and doing tricks was 90% ability and 10% board, but I'll find out soon...
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-11-2010, 5:36 AM Reply   
I think it's closer to 95% ability and 5% board
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       02-15-2010, 4:33 AM Reply   
I'd check out either the Hyperlite Tribute or the B-Side. Both are very "consistant" and pretty loose until on edge. With the rounded edges on both theyre very forgiving and the haul ass.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-16-2010, 9:24 AM Reply   
Add the 2010 CWB Vibe to your demo list as well.

http://www.ridecwb.com/vibe136.php