Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-12-2004, 8:37 PM Reply   
I just got my copy of Underestimated and all I can say is Wow. Finally a video with plenty of riding - 60 minutes long with about 15 minutes of bonus footage! Not only that, but the DVD comes with a soundtrack CD. And of course most importantly the video has great riding that was shot from a variety of angles. You can tell Vreel Productions spent a lot of time filming and editing this video, no rush job here. I'd say my only minor complaint is that the soundtrack isn't varied enough for my taste. Though if you're in to Hip Hop then you'll probably really enjoy it.

For me this is what a wakeboarding video should be and I highly recommend it.

Okay, gotta go watch it again...

Photo gallery: http://www.wakeworld.com/news/2004/vreel2.asp

More info and trailer: http://www.wakeworld.com/VideoGuide/getvideo.asp?ProductID=100131
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-13-2004, 2:13 AM Reply   
Bill you are right jesse and co knocked this one out the box. I saw ruff bits at the expo eminds me of the way things started in WAKE THE BEAST.
If you buy one video this year UNDERESTIMATED
is it. My minor would be some outdated footage but its all good.
ITCH
GB
Old     (tiger20)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-13-2004, 10:35 AM Reply   
Ok, these videos are pissing me off, they get me stoked to ride, but the water is too damn cold, and they are all busting 720 w2w tricks and I'm still working on my w2w on a skate. Very humbling

***frustrated pounds keyboard!****

Sick vid though...
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-13-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
What's too cold? No way! We rode yesterday and Dave just used a spring suit. I was very warm in my 3/2 fullsuit and of course Paula was toasty in her drysuit. We figured the water temp was about 63 or so.

And anyway, this is a really good video. The camera work is excellent and so is the editing, which gives it a real quality feel instead of the "home video" look of some recent videos.
Old    indifferent            03-13-2004, 12:46 PM Reply   
I heard it is okay but not as good as some others but better then alot of the bad ones.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-13-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
Spring suit nothin'. I trunked it on my last ride.
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-13-2004, 4:11 PM Reply   
Prove it!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-13-2004, 4:18 PM Reply   
No room for me? Oh well.

Where'd you guys ride?
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-13-2004, 11:11 PM Reply   
Very good video indeed. Check it out. You won't be disappointed with this one.
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-14-2004, 2:15 PM Reply   
Sorry Joe, I tried:-(
We went to San Vicente. The morning was really nice but then the wind showed up and it got a bit yucky, so we surfed.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-14-2004, 3:52 PM Reply   
Proof...

Wakesurfing in style
Old     (zigzagsd)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-14-2004, 4:42 PM Reply   
dave! you really do wakeboard/surf!! i thought this whole thing was just a convenient tax write-off for you!

i parked next to you friday. i recognized the wakeworld monster truck! you got a horn that plays dixie on that thing? we didn't see you guys on the lake, but then again, we pretty much kept to the course all afternoon. AJ has been trunking it all winter and both he and Sean did yesterday.
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-14-2004, 5:08 PM Reply   
How come you picked the one that makes you look so smooove!!!:-)

I personally liked the "I'm so sexy in this bitchin' vest" shots!

You're too much Dave!:-)
Old    absolutofft            03-14-2004, 5:16 PM Reply   
I hope the whole video isn't done in the style of that trailer, all fancy edits and nothing worthwhile to look at.
Old    beerdrnknboardr            03-14-2004, 5:43 PM Reply   
yeah dave, post one of those great zoomed in ones. And i trunked it all day and it wasnt bad at all
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-14-2004, 6:19 PM Reply   
Aaron, the shows the style of the video but the riding scenes shows each trick really well - better than most videos. This is a riding video, it's all about the riders and the moves.

Ooops, just hijacked the hijacked thread!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-14-2004, 10:28 PM Reply   
Here's that close up...

Justin
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-14-2004, 11:12 PM Reply   
Uh, that's NOT the closeup that Justin was looking for! Come on Dave POST IT! No one will laugh at you, really!
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-15-2004, 4:00 AM Reply   
I just went to my local boardshop and picked up the vid...awesome. The video was super long with lots of riding. They should have mixed the music more.