Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-11-2007, 10:05 PM Reply   
Picked up my boat today from the dealer after having some work done. I got it home to find that the Head Unit and one of the two amplifiers is gone. The owner of the dealership told me, in a very nice way: sorry, it's you and your insurance company's problem. He went on to say that they had a break-in while my boat was there. He also explained that "service boats" are not covered under his insurance policy.

Fortunately, we're talking about a Sony HU at $170. And a cheap-o Kenwood Class-D amp at about $170 as well. And thank god...for what ever reason they left the 1100 watt Zapco amp which was mounted right next to the Kenwood. While mounting the amps, I intentionally made the Kenwood less secure and easier to get to with the hope that would serve as a decoy.

I'm wondering if anyone has had similar experience or know of any Washington State laws for service companies regarding installed items. --many dealerships have signs that say "not responsible for personal property." However, this wasn't personal property, it is an installed fixture. Same as if they stole the perfect pass, the dealer can't say "that's personal property"

This is a one-horse town in terms of boat dealerships and I shouldn't burn bridges over $350.

They also took my Pocket Knife for cutting Corona Limes out of the glove box!!