Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-04-2008, 5:20 AM Reply   
For those of you who have these installed, do you know who the manufacturer is? I called the dealer to order some and they wanted $350. Wholesale Marine sales some made by Innovative Lighting for $129 which look the same. I was told that all Supras are pre-wired even if you don't get the lights installed when ordering the boat from Skiers Choice.

Heres a link to the lights I'm looking at.

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/pc/I-L-580-0200///Docking+-+Hull+Lights%2C+Stainless%2C+Steel.html
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-04-2008, 5:42 AM Reply   
Randy, buy a light bar or make one yoruself, thsoe dockign lights suck. I have them on my 22. An overhead lightbar will work much better for docking. Teh only boat who's true "docking" lights work good that I've been on is the Tige RZ2
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-04-2008, 5:46 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-04-2008, 5:47 AM Reply   
I made this one using monster tower clamps, boss acc. powder coated bar, and pilot amber beam lights. I have about $260 in it.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-04-2008, 5:48 AM Reply   
Thanks Adam. That bar looks pretty sweet.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-04-2008, 9:01 AM Reply   
Maglite and zip ties... Keep it real...
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-04-2008, 9:06 AM Reply   
I'll just have you stand up in the bow with a glow stick. What up Tick.
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-04-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
I will second Adam, the stock docking lights suck...They only light up the water directly under the bow and maybe 5 feet out...
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-04-2008, 11:25 AM Reply   
Adam, what wattage are is each light?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-07-2008, 6:49 AM Reply   
standard 55w halogen bulbs, with amber lens. If you wanna spend the money HID lights would be something to consider.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-07-2008, 6:50 AM Reply   
They are identical ( differnt lens) to the lights that titan uses.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-07-2008, 8:02 AM Reply   
I disagree that docking lights suck. Perhaps it depends on how you unload at the dock? Typically when I am heading back to the dock I pull the bow up to the dock and the person getting out to back down my trailer hops off from the bow. At night the docking lights are awesome because the really light up the dock and make it very easy to unload from the bow at night.

Of course, that's just my opinion.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-07-2008, 8:31 AM Reply   
I should have said compared to tower lights docking lights suck. I had the same boat as you with docking lights previous to this new one. The stock docking lights are better than nothing, but they don't even begin to compare to a decent set of tower lights, and would be much easier to install.