Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       07-25-2006, 5:35 PM Reply   
Hey all,

So were cruisin up to Shasta for a week on Sunday, wondering if any others have headed up I5 lately?
Any issues you could forsee.

Specifically bugs!! Should I put some saran wrap protector on the tower to keep my goodies clean??

If anyone is up there hit us up on the lake! We're staying at Antlers and usually ride in the Sac arm most of the time. We'll be getting a patio boat Wednesday to chill on, probably head over to the Pit arm.
Old     (supreme_rob)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-25-2006, 8:57 PM Reply   
Towed to Shasta a couple of weeks ago from the Sac area and had no problems with bug's.
Old     (nuts4water)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-26-2006, 5:09 PM Reply   
I live in WA and just got back from there last week. I can vouch for lots of bugs too!!
Old    why_i_work            07-26-2006, 9:42 PM Reply   
Drove up from the Bay area right after the 4th had no problems with bugs and we drove at night. When the bugs are usually worse.

Water was great and only down about 15' it was awesome.
Old     (klpnautique)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-26-2006, 9:46 PM Reply   
If it cools down or you travel during the morning/evening hours, there will be bugs out. With 11th day of triple digits, they have been mellow lately. Too damn hot I guess, to come and splat themselves on our windshields...Have fun!!
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       07-26-2006, 11:18 PM Reply   
Nice shot R.D
Bugs we aint got no bugs @ 115 Bugs like the rest of us stay home.......
JJ
Luke I E-mailed Mike about bringing you the manifolds if he can I am sure he will let me know and I will get you my #####'S so you can let me know what site your in at antlers.
how about a morning tow????? I'll bring BEER and a can of petrol
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-27-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
Wipe your tower down with WD-40 or Armor All prior to the trip. When you get to Shasta all you have to do is wipe the bugs right off. I've done this the last three times we've headed down and it works great. Bugs wipe right off and the tower is nice and shiny.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       07-27-2006, 4:23 PM Reply   
Cliff-

Good idea, I will try that. Since I just cleaned it they would probably stick better than ever!!

Jay- I am staying in the State Campground, not the Resort (too crowded) we are in the third loop though. (I dont know what number, just where it is) as you start to loop back, we are on the inside of the turn. We have two sites next to each other.
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       07-27-2006, 5:42 PM Reply   
I say you wrap that bi$%h up like a burrito... I have seen you do it before!
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       07-27-2006, 5:45 PM Reply   
I am trying to lay off the saran wrap, but boy does it work good!!!

Me moms is making a cover for the box so that will keep the bugs outa there!! Just trying to protect the tower itself.

Why no invite to come to Brentwood? I heard it was like 130 there over the weekend. Im sad........

{slits wrist}
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       07-27-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
with all due respect there lukey, I honestly just think I'm better then you. Truth be known with you on the boat I get no attention from the ladies..130 try 116....but on the water my gauge never got over 104. come out anytime I go out every fri. sat. sun.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       07-27-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
I love you man..........
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       07-27-2006, 7:46 PM Reply   
have fun in shasta, smack youre ladie on the butt and call her toots for me!
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       07-27-2006, 10:25 PM Reply   
Luke
You got mail
JJ